Wiki Posts
Search

rebound changes?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Default rebound changes?

hi there,

i have recently changed the amount of rebound i run in my shocks from full to 50% rebound. i check the rebound on a weekly basis and it changes after a meeting? is there a problem with the shock seals?

i am also having trouble setting the rebound on the front shocks i dont know what is causing it? i have watched the adam drake video of setting up the rebound but he makes it look so easy and it takes ages to get mine right?

i have been thinking of replacing the shafts, seals, pistons etc would this help?

many thanks in advance

lewis
Old 07-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lewis666
hi there,

i have recently changed the amount of rebound i run in my shocks from full to 50% rebound. i check the rebound on a weekly basis and it changes after a meeting? is there a problem with the shock seals?

i am also having trouble setting the rebound on the front shocks i dont know what is causing it? i have watched the adam drake video of setting up the rebound but he makes it look so easy and it takes ages to get mine right?

i have been thinking of replacing the shafts, seals, pistons etc would this help?

many thanks in advance

lewis

if your rebound is changing is could mean you have a leak somewhere. how long has it been since your changed the orings, bladder and plastic spacer in the shock? also is the tin coating still on the shaft?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi_racer
if your rebound is changing is could mean you have a leak somewhere. how long has it been since your changed the orings, bladder and plastic spacer in the shock? also is the tin coating still on the shaft?
right i replaced the orings several gallons ago, i changed the bladders a couple of weeks ago and i have never replaced the plastic spacer (what is the plastic spacer?)

i have a losi 8ight 1.0 rtr which i have converted with 2.0 chassis, shock towers etc. so the shock shafts are silver? but i was thinking of replacing them

many thanks

lewis
Old 07-31-2010, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

right i replaced the orings several gallons ago, i changed the bladders a couple of weeks ago and i have never replaced the plastic spacer (what is the plastic spacer?)

i have a losi 8ight 1.0 rtr which i have converted with 2.0 chassis, shock towers etc. so the shock shafts are silver? but i was thinking of replacing them

many thanks

lewis
you have the RTR. the shock shafts on the roller are tin coated. Replace the shafts, replace the oring,and the spacer. That spacer will oval out and put stress on the orings which can cause a torn o ring.

Get this, its cheaper and it has everything you need(except for shafts)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext
Old 07-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by losi_racer
you have the RTR. the shock shafts on the roller are tin coated. Replace the shafts, replace the oring,and the spacer. That spacer will oval out and put stress on the orings which can cause a torn o ring.

Get this, its cheaper and it has everything you need(except for shafts)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...rce=google_ext
hi there,

i have thought of getting that and some shock shafts but is t worth it? how much would all of that cost if bought separately? i live in the UK so they cost about £20

many thanks

lewis
Old 07-31-2010, 09:29 AM
Tech Addict

Doesn't drake use a closed cell foam under his bladder so his rebound is consistent? This way leaking does not fill up that air pocket and mess up the pressure.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jasonwipf
Doesn't drake use a closed cell foam under his bladder so his rebound is consistent? This way leaking does not fill up that air pocket and mess up the pressure.
yes i am using the vented shock tops and foam above the bladder but i find i difficult to set the rebound. i think my car needs some new shafts, orings and the spacer

many thanks losi_racer for the advise

lewis
Old 07-31-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Prophet

yes i am using the vented shock tops and foam above the bladder but i find i difficult to set the rebound. i think my car needs some new shafts, orings and the spacer

many thanks losi_racer for the advise

lewis

i would say you might, have dirt cogged up on your o-rings.
my rebound totally went, away on the front of my truggy because of it.

but replace your o-rings, thats the main problem after each heat you race clean the dirt off the shafts and the 0-ring cartige also.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The 1.0 shocks have a thicker spacer in between the 2 o rings than the 2.0. Get the 2.0 shock spacers and see if that solves your problem.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:40 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
The 1.0 shocks have a thicker spacer in between the 2 o rings than the 2.0. Get the 2.0 shock spacers and see if that solves your problem.

so if i use the 2.0 shock spacer, then the rebound should not change as much ? i dint know the 2.0 sock spacer is diffrent.
Old 07-31-2010, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

i am going to get the team losi shock service parts because it has everything i need to keep my shock working well but does it have the 2.0 or the 1.0 shock spacer between the o rings?

many thanks

lewis
Old 07-31-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

When the shock is assembled and on the car, just how important is rebound? I mean, were talking very little pressure inside the bladder to push the piston out, but when you install the spring, just how effective can a foam compensator be against a metal spring?
Old 07-31-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by xrayeddy
When the shock is assembled and on the car, just how important is rebound? I mean, were talking very little pressure inside the bladder to push the piston out, but when you install the spring, just how effective can a foam compensator be against a metal spring?
i think that rebound has been a very important change to my cars setup. i usually run my car on a track that is very bumpy and scattered with stones and when my car was running 100% rebound the back end was bouncing about along the straight therefore i had to reduce the throttle to calm it down meaning i would be slower.

but when i changed the rebound to 50% the car did not bounce about on the straight and i could keep the throttle open meaning i would be quicker. i noticed the difference, but i depends on whet track you are on
Old 07-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
so if i use the 2.0 shock spacer, then the rebound should not change as much ? i dint know the 2.0 sock spacer is diffrent.
The many small things of the 2.0's just make it that much better than the old 1.0's.

i am going to get the team losi shock service parts because it has everything i need to keep my shock working well but does it have the 2.0 or the 1.0 shock spacer between the o rings?

many thanks

lewis
The service box has the 1.0 spacers in it.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:15 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
The many small things of the 2.0's just make it that much better than the old 1.0's.

The service box has the 1.0 spacers in it.

than il try the 2.0 shock spacer than whats the part # ?
i dont run the vented caps.. by the way but i am thinking about getting them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.