Wiki Posts
Search

v-spec/ninja sleeve difference?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 191 (100%+)
Default v-spec/ninja sleeve difference?

can anyone tell me the difference between a speed sleeve and a jx ninja? number of ports? maybe timing? longevity? any thoughts? i have ninja crank ninja carb, v-spec case and a speed p/s. just curious if i was to buy a ninja p/s would i be able to tell a difference?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

ninja p/s on left.. os v-spec on the right side of the pick... jeremy
Attached Thumbnails v-spec/ninja sleeve difference?-ninja-os-speed-001.jpg  
Old 07-31-2010, 03:28 AM
Tech Elite

thanks for pics. how would you describe power delivery between the 2? do you think it would much difference installing the ninja p/s in my current setup versus the speed p/s i am currently running? i am looking for a little more bottom end. i know there are ways to tune your clutch etc. i am currently running the os 2050 pipe. to be honest i am looking for the feel of my b5. i love that motor.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

put the re10 pipe (65$) and you will have a kick A$$ motor. I promise.

the re11 is also good with the 3 port/vspec case. The difference is power delivery and the top end of the re10. Just keeps reving till the straight runs out.

you will lose out a tad on the bottom though.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I dont think you will ever get a V-Spec or a Ninja to have the bottom end power of the B5...
Old 07-31-2010, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dreaux
put the re10 pipe (65$) and you will have a kick A$$ motor. I promise.

the re11 is also good with the 3 port/vspec case. The difference is power delivery and the top end of the re10. Just keeps reving till the straight runs out.

you will lose out a tad on the bottom though.
isn't the re11 a os 2050 knockoff? how would that be any different? even if it is a 2060 knockoff, i don't see that being a big difference. i have ran the 2050 and 2060 back to back on tha same motor and same day. they are not much different in my eyes. my main question is would the ninja p/s be any different than the current speed p/s i currently have? would the ninja p/s being a 5 port even work in a 3 port v-spec case. i know it will fit but what about extra 2 ports that the ninja will have that the case does not? thanks for comments. keep them coming.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

in ur heading u say v-spec in topic u say speed which is it that ur wondering are the samw? The v-spec and ninja are basically the same but the speed is a whole diffrent engine, if u ever find the frankin spec thread guys say to get a ninja and v-spec parts and put one together it produces massive amounts of power.
Old 07-31-2010, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by patrick lsp
isn't the re11 a os 2050 knockoff? how would that be any different? even if it is a 2060 knockoff, i don't see that being a big difference. i have ran the 2050 and 2060 back to back on tha same motor and same day. they are not much different in my eyes. my main question is would the ninja p/s be any different than the current speed p/s i currently have? would the ninja p/s being a 5 port even work in a 3 port v-spec case. i know it will fit but what about extra 2 ports that the ninja will have that the case does not? thanks for comments. keep them coming.
i was basically saying the re10 to me is a much better pipe then the re11. But to answer your question yes you can put the 5 port sleeve in the vspec or speed. Out of the 3 motors (speed, vspec, ninja) all the parts are interchangeable with one exception. You cannot use a vspec rod on a ninja/speed crank. You can come up with some very good combinations. Some of which me and others prefer.

hope this helps. The 5 port will be a tad smoother too. And forget the 2050 and use the 2060/re10
Old 07-31-2010, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

i said v-spec in thread title because i have all three. v-spec case, speed p/s/r, and the crank and carb are ninja. the motor runs perfect. i guess i will just keep it for when i run on slick tracks. it is very smooth on bottom, mid and top are great. thanks for responses. ... just my opinion the speed and v-specs are not all that different. i have had many of both motors.. if you compare the speed sleeve to the v-spec the exhaust port is slightly different, and you get a balanced and coated crank. not worth double the price to me. for the price of the speed i can buy a werks b5, b6 and the 2013.

Last edited by patrick lsp; 07-31-2010 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maximo
I dont think you will ever get a V-Spec or a Ninja to have the bottom end power of the B5...
Haha

Andy