Wiki Posts
Search

$900 kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 10:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by houston
wouldnt even pay no nevermind to the nonsense PK

you have been there seen that done that more than most , its awesome to see the kid that used to come up and race with us is now the WC , you guys are awesome and deserve great props . keep up the great work !!!

it would be great to see a kyosho buggy that was affordable to the lowly drivers who have no cash so they could see how awesome the car is , now where is the new truck???

how bout codys "real" setup sheet ?

too bad another kyosho team mate didnt have a proper pit guy for the race
I know, I know, just felt like gettin in a good old fashion shoot 'em up hasn't happenbed in awhile... but these "kosho is expensive" threads just get me going sometimes... the car cost more because it costs more to make, and the margin is MUCH LOWER than the chinese made cars, FACT

that's the real set-up! why don't you think so?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
too bad another kyosho team mate didnt have a proper pit guy for the race

Exactly... too bad Megan wasn't there!... has anyone here actually seen her pit for Jared? She kicks butt!

Must be the fact that she learned from a long time B.A. driver,..... her father!
Old 11-20-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by pitpop
BTW, the SE is a great car and not expensive. If I was looking around, that's the car I would get. same configuration we ran in Pattaya, and easily upgradable if you want to step up later into some threaded shocks etc...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Off-Road-Buggy

there you go people thats in the price range of the losi eights and mugens.
how come the truggy is $100 more though isnt that a older design than the mp9 ?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by one-eight
So youve never even seen or tried them, yet they are unnecessary?
Look up the definition of necessary. If they were necessary then someone in the region would be using them.

how much do you think the COST is to make the CF Mugen towers? There is about a 500% margin on the CF front tower, and the margin on the Kyosho tower is probably about 100%. They have some outsourced machinist making it out of 7075 aluminum and then anodizing it. Probably costs them about 15bucks to make...

I don't know anything, forget everything I said
You have no idea what any of these parts cost. You're pulling "facts" out of thin air again.

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
Well, if you ask anyone in the mugen thread... EVERYONE agrees the car needs it...
Been there plenty, only the guys who've already bought these parts think the car needs them. Last time the BCE chassis came up people were arguing about whether or not it helped the car run better.

Edit: I should point out that owners of the chassis were arguing against it's benefit.

Last edited by Davidka; 11-21-2010 at 05:48 AM.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Regular

I thought this thread was closed
Old 11-21-2010, 06:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
Look up the definition of necessary. If they were necessary then someone in the region would be using them.

You have no idea what any of these parts cost. You're pulling "facts" out of thin air again.

Been there plenty, only the guys who've already bought these parts think the car needs them. Last time the BCE chassis came up people were arguing about whether or not it helped the car run better.

Edit: I should point out that owners of the chassis were arguing against it's benefit.
whats your problem? for a car you won't buy, can't afford or don't think its worth the money you sure like to chat about it. Or you just think it's cool to see your blablabla on a busy thread? Move on, agee to disagree and go do some wrenching on your toycars...
Old 11-21-2010, 06:28 AM
Tech Regular

+1 move on you muppet
Old 11-21-2010, 07:09 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Matthijs
whats your problem? for a car you won't buy, can't afford or don't think its worth the money you sure like to chat about it. Or you just think it's cool to see your blablabla on a busy thread? Move on, agee to disagree and go do some wrenching on your toycars...
The thread exists to challenge the value of a $900 kit. Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion or do you just think it's cool seeing your blablabla on a busy thread? Something more than "I know a guy, who met someone from Kyosho in an airport.." would be good.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
The thread exists to challenge the value of a $900 kit. Do you have anything to contribute to the discussion or do you just think it's cool seeing your blablabla on a busy thread? Something more than "I know a guy, who met someone from Kyosho in an airport.." would be good.
So ......... do you actually know who pitpop (PK) is ?

I do , I have bullsh!t with pk a number of times and even remember when they used to come up here before cody as a driver got super fast and he definitely is not some dumbazz who just met someone from kyosho in an airport

Just in case you don't know , he is cody king's dad , friend , wrench , pit guy , travelling buddy and just an all out cool guy , silly as he may be PK is pretty cool , oh ya and a major smart azz !!!

And just for the record I have a tough time paying what I have to pay for the mp9 (which is less than 900$) but when you get the kit built it is ALL worth it !!! High quality !!!
Old 11-21-2010, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If u want to run a MP9, you don't need to pay 900$ for it .I just bought a MP9 TKI used for 300$.Just as good like the tk2 (my already has some upgrades).I have tryed all the brands on the market but this buggy the best right front of the mbx6.Turn,jump,brake,and handle better than all the other buggies what I tryed before.I just feel upset because I should have buy one earlyer ....Actually I surprised because most of the parts R cheaper than the Mugen...
Old 11-21-2010, 08:28 AM
Tech Lord

Yes, I know who pitpop is, I'm sure he's a nice guy but he's defending the value of an overpriced product on his sponsorship contact's delivery of the company line. Kyosho is far too successful a company to take a short margin on a $900 retail product. There is no way they are that bad at sourcing.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah, tell em how it is anonymous internet guy^
Old 11-21-2010, 09:58 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

clean up on aisle 6
Old 11-21-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

This is going to be my last post about this subject (and in this flamer thread for that matter)....

The carbon fiber front tower on the Mugen costs about 2 bucks to make, and the machined anodized Nipon 7075 aluminum Kyosho tower costs 8 times that. Do the math...

flame on Kaw..
Old 11-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

The carbon fiber front tower on the Mugen costs about 2 bucks to make, and the machined anodized Nipon 7075 aluminum Kyosho tower costs 8 times that. Do the math...
I think the Kyosho is cool but i just want to comment on the math thing.
you say the kyosho front tower costs 8x more to make than the Mugen at $2 so 8 x 2 =$16

retail cost is 68.99
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Shock-Tower

by my math, I see a lot more than 100% margin.

Congrats to you and your son!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.