Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$900 kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Id move back to DO karts before id pay 900 for a kyosho. Thats insane!!
Old 07-29-2010, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

You can buy 3 of the cars that actually WON the worlds for that price

Not to mention almost two Mugens or Losis for the price.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
The quality of Kyosho is like no other, this buggy will have every bell and whistle, new body etc. Also 7 World Champion winners, and the parts aren't cheapo China. I haven't broken a part or worn out an arm in 10 races, I replace them just because they are 10 races old. I love my MP9s but it is a little steep in price for the new kit, they will sell them just like with the original TKI being $800 or so. I'd rather spend $800 on a new buggy that will last and consistently perform than $450 on a decent ok brand that constantly breaks, and requires hours of maintenance each week.

Andy
xray puts kyosho quality to shame, as does mugen. I see mp9's break all the time. they are one of the more delicate buggies out there. Not sayin there not good, but not even close to $900 good. This is one of the reasons kyosho handed losi the 1/8 buggy market they once ruled on a silver platter.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

all i have to say is if spent 900 on a freakin toy, it better not break, EVER and it better make me get top 3 every race.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

you guys are funny kyosho is funny and those who say they dont break are funny fact is all cars break kyosho breaks alot from what i have seen i dont run them because they are to much car for my driving style but in right hands fast like any other car but funny comes to mind when people defend the price of a car that is worth the same as all others 650 at most
Old 07-29-2010, 11:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dandrat
xray puts kyosho quality to shame, as does mugen. I see mp9's break all the time. they are one of the more delicate buggies out there. Not sayin there not good, but not even close to $900 good. This is one of the reasons kyosho handed losi the 1/8 buggy market they once ruled on a silver platter.
Xray I would say yes same quality in actual materials, the actual build and how it all goes together and stays together no. Mugen is close to quality, they are very tough, but the buggy is so inconsistent it's not funny in my pit box WD40 was my main tool on the pivot balls and suspension pins. Mp9 isn't a beat on drive hard buggy it's deff a finesse buggy. Again I have not broken a part in 10 races that have taken me out of a race, I also keep up on maintenance, buggy is always tip top looking new most races.

Andy
Old 07-29-2010, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

if i spent 900 on a buggy it better drive itself haha thats stupidly over priced lets see who buys it for club racing my bet would be none but hey cody king will be driving like one now haha get it king is his last name and the car is like a piece of gold ahhh lol that was a joke im not blond
Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 02maxima18
Xray I would say yes same quality in actual materials, the actual build and how it all goes together and stays together no. Mugen is close to quality, they are very tough, but the buggy is so inconsistent it's not funny in my pit box WD40 was my main tool on the pivot balls and suspension pins. Mp9 isn't a beat on drive hard buggy it's deff a finesse buggy. Again I have not broken a part in 10 races that have taken me out of a race, I also keep up on maintenance, buggy is always tip top looking new most races.

Andy
Dude,

You live in a fantasy world! Keep justifying your $900 car to yourself, but it wont make any sane person believe its worth $900

The fact that you just said an MBX6 is inconsistent really shoots down your credibility.

The car is NOT worth $900, any way you look at it. They are really great cars dont get me wrong, but $900usd for a kit is crazy, get two Mbx6's or Losi's and you would be much better off.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

One thing that everyone is forgetting here is that foreign currency exchange rates for japanese yen is horrible right now.

Last year around this time the dollar would get you 130 yen. Right now 1 US dollar can only get 80 yen.

That is a near 40% drop in buying power.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

How much? $900? Bah, I'll take two.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:33 AM
Tech Regular

Do any of you guys plan to buy the car?
Probably not, so why comment the price?

"A Ferrari 1000000$ thats insane, you could have a porshe for 50000 and even go faster!"

I dont care, let the ones that really wants to waste hard earned bucks on a overpriced car.
I'm done with Kyosho, at least as long they're so heavily overpriced. I'm sure its a great car, but I prefer Mugen.

And as a matter of principles i dont want to buy kyosho, the readysets and rtr's are probably one of the biggest reasons why this hobby doesnt grow as fast as it could. Its crap, and they scare people away - never looking back.
Old 07-30-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

at 900 bucks with lots of options parts on the car is not that expensive.

Other cars as I am running a Losi now is not that far off when you purchase options too.

All cars have it's plus and minus.
But generally comes within the same price with frequent replacement of parts in some cars...............and so.

Old 07-30-2010, 01:15 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

If you go look at your losi or mugen or any other descent brand (not the 350 car) and you look at the hop ups you have added you prob have close to 800-900. I havethat sittig in my losi. Hell I dropped in 300 or so in option parts before my 2.0t even hit the dirt. Now granted i didn't have to do that and it would have been just as competitive but I wanted every fironi part I could get my hands on and well some stayed and some didn't. The k cars have always been top $$ they are made in japan and I think that's the only country left that knows how to build something right. They sure as hell don't do it right in this country name in USA, I stay away. I gotta hand it to kyosho a $900 kit is mighty brave of them in today's market. Espically when that damm $350 car will lrob still lap you depending on who's got the controller.

I just wish they would release a new truggy st9 or something. I might actually give them a try again.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny Teh
at 900 bucks with lots of options parts on the car is not that expensive.

Other cars as I am running a Losi now is not that far off when you purchase options too.

All cars have it's plus and minus.
But generally comes within the same price with frequent replacement of parts in some cars...............and so.

And yet that is the issue, the new kyosho doesn't even come with the important options. Like hard coated shocks, or chassis. I mean really, how much does a hard anodize really cost extra wise, as opposed to keeping separate SKU's for the lessor and better options. I bought the SE version and was pretty shocked how fast the brown coating wore through and subsequent chassis wear. and my shock oil immediately turning into aluminum paste. yay.

Plastic is kinda junky, and after the rear toe blocks warped (huh?!) I gave up on the car. $600 can get you way better. I doubt there is an extra $300 worth in the Tki2.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casevac

"A Ferrari 1000000$ thats insane, you could have a porshe for 50000 and even go faster!"

I dont care, let the ones that really wants to waste hard earned bucks on a overpriced car.
I'm done with Kyosho, at least as long they're so heavily overpriced. I'm sure its a great car, but I prefer Mugen.

And as a matter of principles i dont want to buy kyosho, the readysets and rtr's are probably one of the biggest reasons why this hobby doesnt grow as fast as it could. Its crap, and they scare people away - never looking back.
not sounding rude but that semmed to be a bit of a hipicrit as for you said

then u turn and say

also same with ur ferrari and porche deal basically look at it this way a rock star aka rich person will buy a ferrari to show it off not race it, normally a person will buy the porche which is cheaper than a ferrari and just as fast thats like comparing the prices and cars for example kyosho is ferrari and porche is mugen the mugen can be just as fast but the rock star want to be flashy not fast... thats my opinion but hey what does a 16 year old kid know

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.