Wiki Posts
Search

$900 kyosho?

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 05:13 AM
Tech Regular

hyper7vspec
can you honestly say that its not worth the 900 dolars andrew
have you actually run the car besides having a small 2 lap run around the track.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hold it everyone I just gotta go and make some more popcorn
Old 07-31-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

15 years ago a mugen supersport or a kyosho turboburns would set you back about $1200.00 us, the first futaba's pistol grip fm-pcm were about $800.00 us.
I am a Kyosho suporter, buil a Kyosho kit and then build any other kit and you will understand the cost. I did not rim one single pice of plastic on my tki or se it all fits and moves freely with no binding.
Old 07-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

To me, it seems like with Kyosho the only time that they seem to have availability is when they have a new "update" coming out.

I mean, if you added up all the $$$ a guy spent trying to keep the 777 up to date with all of it's changes, it was a fortune. Now the MP9 is going down the same road (SP, TKI1, TKI2)

Good friend of mine is on the K Team, and even he said "the TKI2 is awesome, but Im not spending the money for one"
Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 AM
Tech Regular

A short exerpt from the Kyosho marketing blurb.....

"Tested and proven at numerous international racing events, design upgrades have evolved multiple areas of the chassis platform to a new level. However perhaps the greatest innovation has been the dramatic reduction in cost"

Old 07-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well is this price clost to list? how low would it be if you got a deal?
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
15 years ago a mugen supersport or a kyosho turboburns would set you back about $1200.00 us, the first futaba's pistol grip fm-pcm were about $800.00 us.
I am a Kyosho suporter, buil a Kyosho kit and then build any other kit and you will understand the cost. I did not rim one single pice of plastic on my tki or se it all fits and moves freely with no binding.
I think the point most people are trying to make is that you get that same quality and fit and finish from XRAY/Mugen, etc and they are $300 less money. Not that they dont have there problems also, but for $300 less I'll take Xray's problems over Kyosho's problems anyday
Old 07-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Being from an automotive racer background you spend whatever it takes for you to win. If you think the K car will help you win you will pay. I had a 777 with every hop up upgrade that Kyosho made for it. Yes I loved it and it rocked never had a problem. I Payed $400 for it used!! Now I run Hot Bodies started with the truggy and trade my K car for the buggy. I was just more feasible to run the same brand in the long run. If i could I would buy the new TKI2 but may they need to think about a new truggy. That would make me more interested in running them.
Old 07-31-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think its interesting that some folks are worried that every manufacturer is going to start charging 900 bucks for their cars just because Kyosho is? Or thats how I took some of the concerned posts anyway. Trust me your not going to see everyone hiking kit prices, if they do............well.............I will find another hobby! Everyone knows your gonna pay ALOT more for a Kyosho and ALOT less for a HotBodies, and that there is a MULTITUDE of options in between. So as Mr. Osborne said, spend it on what you want, its YOUR money!
Old 07-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

*TKI2 is officially released*

*Kyosho THEN drops price below Mugen and Losi*

Now that would be a funny end to all this bickering.

To the OP: Why did you start this thread when you knew that it would only start drama?
Old 07-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by getpip
A short exerpt from the Kyosho marketing blurb.....

"Tested and proven at numerous international racing events, design upgrades have evolved multiple areas of the chassis platform to a new level. However perhaps the greatest innovation has been the dramatic reduction in cost"

for who
Old 07-31-2010, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

retail price on this is 1499.99 so the a main price is correct. just thought i would throw that out there
Old 07-31-2010, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

i just bought a good clean used kyosho off of ebay for a good price.
Old 07-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I am glad this thread started as parties with both views bring up valid points. Thing is, in this hobby, the manufacturer will charge what they want to charge, no matter how much it was to develop/manufacture/test. That is because the fools in this world are willing to pay for it allowing the manufacturer to do just that. 900 fregging dollars for something that cost barely 100-120 in parts and machining to build is ridiculous. I would laugh my ass off if this buggy gets eaten alive at the worlds by a 300 dollar buggy, and you know which one i am talking about.

And mtbkym01, just because you Australians are fools and pay whatever is asked for something, does not mean that us Americans will bend over and take it too. The whole world is laughing at us, huh??? Maybe we should have laughed at the rest of the world also, that way your pretty little Australian accent would not sound so good SPEAKING GERMAN. We will talk again, soon I hope, when out economy will cause the rest of you to bow the hell down again. Study some history, maybe you will learn that this is not the first time we went through this, not the first time we came back from this, stronger than ever.

Sorry to get all patriotic, that kind of talk pisses me the hell off, RC Site or not, you don't say that kind of shit.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DuckStang
I am glad this thread started as parties with both views bring up valid points. Thing is, in this hobby, the manufacturer will charge what they want to charge, no matter how much it was to develop/manufacture/test. That is because the fools in this world are willing to pay for it allowing the manufacturer to do just that. 900 fregging dollars for something that cost barely 100-120 in parts and machining to build is ridiculous. I would laugh my ass off if this buggy gets eaten alive at the worlds by a 300 dollar buggy, and you know which one i am talking about.

And mtbkym01, just because you Australians are fools and pay whatever is asked for something, does not mean that us Americans will bend over and take it too. The whole world is laughing at us, huh??? Maybe we should have laughed at the rest of the world also, that way your pretty little Australian accent would not sound so good SPEAKING GERMAN. We will talk again, soon I hope, when out economy will cause the rest of you to bow the hell down again. Study some history, maybe you will learn that this is not the first time we went through this, not the first time we came back from this, stronger than ever.

Sorry to get all patriotic, that kind of talk pisses me the hell off, RC Site or not, you don't say that kind of shit.

SPEAKING GERMAN hhahaha maybe you should study history too , we got atacked by japan , maybe if this all went diff the MP9 k car would get made here lol and be nice and cheap for us . i like the pretty accent comment to

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.