R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

I know differently!!! You dont know who and what I know in the industry.Nor do you know who I am.Kanai designs these car from a design company whch is not named KYOSHO!! Look it up, It is hs own company!Everyine talks about China like they are the evil in the rc industry..Have you ever heard of Taiwan?So just get off that japan made BS!! Who care where its made?Only credit I give kyosho is for an awesome drive trane because of the grear bearings.. I think Losi have more kits at the track than anyone..Kyosho beak parts like any other car,according to the locals, even more so..$800 and a guys have broken front shock towers???
Old 07-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
I know differently!!! You dont know who and what I know in the industry.Nor do you know who I am.Kanai designs these car from a design company whch is not named KYOSHO!! Look it up, It is hs own company!Everyine talks about China like they are the evil in the rc industry..Have you ever heard of Taiwan?So just get off that japan made BS!! Who care where its made?Only credit I give kyosho is for an awesome drive trane because of the grear bearings.. I think Losi have more kits at the track than anyone..Kyosho beak parts like any other car,according to the locals, even more so..$800 and a guys have broken front shock towers???
I would have to go out on a limb here and say Taiwan makes higher quality stuff than China and this is not speaking for just RC cars, but real car parts as well.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:01 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
The RC God has spoken, albeit in some kind of broken grammer english..... You know you want one......
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
Old 07-30-2010, 07:17 PM   #79
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Well I had no idea that by starting this thread it would get so interesting.

I think we are losing sight of the main issues with a $900 buggy. If one manufacturer get's away with this, who's to say the others will not follow. At the end of the day these companies are out to make the biggest profit they can (not always a bad thing) and if we allow manufacturer's to sell their product at 4-5 times what it costs to make it we, the customer, are in trouble!

That was the whole point of my original post. If this were a Mugen buggy (my prefered brand), or any other brand for that matter, I would be saying the same thing. Quite frankly, I find it insulting that a manufacturer would think that we, the consumer, are so blinded by the PERCEPTION of "quality just costs more" that we will plunk down $700,$800,$900 or more on a TOY car.

If you want a real word example of where this has back fired for a manufacturer you don't have to look any further that the guys at Toyota (made in Japan).

Regardless of how well/poorley it may perform against other cars, the bottom line is that there is no way it is $200-300 better than the next guy....period. Take away your emotions/patronage for Kyosho and really look at the issue for what it is. Once you do, I have no doubt that you will agree it's just not worth the extra cash.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Ok, this is my last comment on this.........

You all need to realise that the WORLD is bigger than the Good Ole US of A. (One of the reasons why the rest of the world laughs at you...Bring on the flaming )This car, and every other out there, is made for the entire world, by a company that is not american. If the current US dollar is worth less, then importing a product into your country is gonna cost more.

We all know that Kyosho is more expensive, big deal, but in this instance it is more highlighted due to dollar values.

We've heard it all before when the original TKI came out, "They wont sell any, they will cause everyone else to charge more Bah Wah" now believe me, despite none being at your local track/s, Kyosho have sold plenty of them all over the world......Just get over it!

I'm done....
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
Old 07-30-2010, 07:41 PM   #81
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post

You all need to realise that the WORLD is bigger than the Good Ole US of A. (One of the reasons why the rest of the world laughs at you...Bring on the flaming )This car, and every other out there, is made for the entire world, by a company that is not american. If the current US dollar is worth less, then importing a product into your country is gonna cost more.

We all know that Kyosho is more expensive, big deal, but in this instance it is more highlighted due to dollar values.

We've heard it all before when the original TKI came out, "They wont sell any, they will cause everyone else to charge more Bah Wah" now believe me, despite none being at your local track/s, Kyosho have sold plenty of them all over the world......Just get over it!

I'm done....

Your not done yet because I have a question for you:

How does the cost of this car compare to the other manufacurer's cars in the Land of Ozz?
Old 07-30-2010, 07:45 PM   #82
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp9er View Post
+1 this crying about prices is getting old if your not willing to buy one for that price then dont, the kyosho is an excellent product.
I think its ridiculous for anybody to defend this price point who isnt payed to do so. This is a forum , expect people to discuss things and voice there opinion weather you like it or not.
Are you guys who are going to buy this kit embarrassed and butt sore about people bringing up the price your going to pay. Alot of people complaining about the price would probably consider one if it was reasonable and if they feel that way why not speak up. In the meantime, vote with your dollar and buy something else. kyosho could sell these for half the price and still make a profit if they wanted to and if nobody buys it they may want to.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:54 PM   #83
Tech Regular

My Toyota was made in Texas. Andy, I'm leaning towards a TKI 2!

TLR 22 2.0
Serpent Spyder SRX 2
Old 07-30-2010, 08:00 PM   #84
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

The car will be sold out after the first wave of them comes in within a week, not even 3 days. The mp9 standard that came with the Orion engine & pipe, when it was announced, just hearing about it, called the next day and EVERYONE of them was pre-ordered, couldn't get it.

And who doesn't replaced plastics after a certain amount of time ( arms, bushings, hubs etc)? Me about every couple to few months mattering what races I've attended.

Andy
SCRC Spacecoast RC www.spacecoastrc.com
Old 07-30-2010, 08:02 PM   #85
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who8mySandwich View Post
My Toyota was made in Texas. Andy, I'm leaning towards a TKI 2!
Well I got one on back order if you want that one, don't tho cuz then I'll get one! Let me know I'll buy those other hubs off you for my TKI.

Andy
SCRC Spacecoast RC www.spacecoastrc.com
Old 07-30-2010, 08:51 PM   #86
Tech Regular

no im not sore about people bringing up the price point nor am i paid to promote the car, i promote the car because im a firm beleiver in the product and im willing to pay the piper if need be. the kyosho is well worth the price they ask when you look at the quality of the car and so on,for startes you get alot of hope ups with the car as compared too most other cars, yes you may not get all the hop ups but you get a shit load more than most , say if you buy another kit that costs 600 that does not come with all the tuning options or hopoups you need, in the end your paying the same costs as the kyosho mp9 that has most of the hopups and tuning options. so when you think about it all this bickering about price has no merit.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post

You all need to realise that the WORLD is bigger than the Good Ole US of A. (One of the reasons why the rest of the world laughs at you...Bring on the flaming )

I'm done....
Why are so many Europeans and Aussies moving here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02maxima18 View Post
The car will be sold out after the first wave of them comes in within a week, not even 3 days. The mp9 standard that came with the Orion engine & pipe, when it was announced, just hearing about it, called the next day and EVERYONE of them was pre-ordered, couldn't get it.

Andy
Its easy to "sell out" if the batch is small.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #88
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Davidka;7742034]Why are so many Europeans and Aussies moving here?

Foreign money like Euro and Aussie money gets you more and with housing the way it is here in USA there money buys a lot. Simple Economics
Old 07-30-2010, 10:23 PM   #89
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This hobby is for fun.If someone wants to spend $900 to have fun then so be it.My self I would never spend that kind of money on a car,when my sub $300 D8 still wins me some races and if maintanance is done to the car lasts just as good as any other.Its a free country so spend what you want and have fun doing it.
Amain Hobbies
Fioroni usa
Old 07-31-2010, 01:44 AM   #90
Tech Regular

Well lets see if $900 is ok when there are only 2 or 3 guys left at the track cos the youngsters cant afford it (or dads wont pay it) and everyone else has gone off to do something more sensibly priced!

That said it's not just Kyosho, they are all taking the p*** if you ask me! Take a look at the price of a top touring car chassis.
Closed Thread