R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 07:12 PM   #376
Tech Elite

I cannot speak for Kyosho, but I know for a fact from a guy that owned a rather large online store, that his complaint was that when xray was popular, he was mad that he had to fight Amain to match pricing. He said that the xray cost him $500 and he sold them for $550 making it not worth selling the kits.

I also know that my LHS marks up kits 15% over their cost.
Semi-Retired from this industry at this time.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:26 PM   #377
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
All of you need to realize the stuff that comes on a Tki2 if you go buy a 500-600 mugen losi or Xray and then put the extra parts on those cars you will have just as much in those cars as you would the kyosho so the kyosho is no more expensive than a losi Xray or mugen the mp9 se is in the same price range as the other cars out there the tki2 just has some extra parts on it and that is why the price is higher not sure why all you can't realize that but instead you want to be a bunch of babies sitting around arguing about the price of the kyosho, if people want it they will buy it, it's just like a Lexus and a Toyota they are both the same cars but the Lexus has a few more bells and whistles on it this is the same principle with the kyosho, and davidka you are a idiot if you think you know more about what goes on with kyosho than PK does
wow, i used the lex/toyota analogy in another thread a few wks ago......they didnt get it either
Old 11-21-2010, 07:33 PM   #378
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You guys are just to easy Im not woried / nor do I care what you spend you hard earned cash on. Im just haven fun with ya
Old 11-21-2010, 07:35 PM   #379
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

While i still cringe at the price of the new kit i understand why. I was running mugen till now that i switched to the k car. If you take into account some variables and do the math you see it isnt that far off. For example if you take the $600 mugen and add aluminum towers, aluminum rear hubs, aluminum front hubs, aluminum toe plates and the rest of the lil things like the hardballs ect you are pretty much at the kyosho. So i guess to each his own. The car is working for me and i will get the Tki2 next month.
Elite Paint Workz
ElitePaintWorkz@gmail.com
Old 11-21-2010, 07:37 PM   #380
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

This argument is 2 years old, and still going strong.........

Everyone knows what an MP9 is

BTW pitpop, love the new avatar......8 times alright
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
Old 11-21-2010, 07:44 PM   #381
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

You guys are unbelievable , plain ol silliness

I wish kyosho would lower their price a lil but honestly if you look at what you get for the money and you add it all up , its an all out blinged up kit !!!

The SE is built well and is worth every penny !!!
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 11-21-2010, 08:05 PM   #382
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Not as blinged out as the imaginary MBX6 Alex just invented. Half of those parts come with the kit, the other half don't exist! (aluminum front hubs for a Mugen?)

I changed my mind, I'll pay a grand for that!

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-21-2010, 08:18 PM   #383
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For $900 you get EVERYTHNG you need for a World Champion Winning Buggy, associated, hot bodies, mugen ALL have crazy prototype parts we can't get, new parts, other companies parts etc, NOT the Kyosho, minus the battery mod which n e of us could do and some springs. The Kyosho car is different than the associated or hot bodies there is quality in the parts all the way around, so no more "my rc8b is just as good and it's cheaper bla bla" well it's not, just stop beating around the bush and either buy the mp9 or admit you can't afford it and move on.

Andy
SCRC Spacecoast RC www.spacecoastrc.com
Old 11-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #384
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Picture says it all really.....

Attached Thumbnails
0 kyosho?-arguingontheinternet.gif  
Old 11-21-2010, 08:38 PM   #385
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02maxima18 View Post
For $900 you get EVERYTHNG you need for a World Champion Winning Buggy, associated, hot bodies, mugen ALL have crazy prototype parts we can't get, new parts, other companies parts etc, NOT the Kyosho, minus the battery mod which n e of us could do and some springs. The Kyosho car is different than the associated or hot bodies there is quality in the parts all the way around, so no more "my rc8b is just as good and it's cheaper bla bla" well it's not, just stop beating around the bush and either buy the mp9 or admit you can't afford it and move on.

Andy
It's called READ,COMPREHEND,THEN POST...Ignorance is bliss.. Ya know I might buy one used because there sure are alot for sale in the forsale forum
Old 11-21-2010, 08:57 PM   #386
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derryn Hinch View Post
Picture says it all really.....

That's just wrong!

I can't afford one, and I sure as heck can't drive like Cody King!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:15 AM   #387
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin57 View Post
All of you need to realize the stuff that comes on a Tki2 if you go buy a 500-600 mugen losi or Xray and then put the extra parts on those cars you will have just as much in those cars as you would the kyosho so the kyosho is no more expensive than a losi Xray or mugen the mp9 se is in the same price range as the other cars out there the tki2 just has some extra parts on it and that is why the price is higher
+1

| ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ | AKA | HB RACING | OS | KO PROPO |
Old 11-22-2010, 12:10 PM   #388
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

its hard to comprehend that one car can generate so many opinions regarding cost but this has been a bloody good read please keep it coming
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----
Old 11-22-2010, 12:40 PM   #389
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Talk about a useless thread that needs to be deleted...

Am I missing something? Why is everyone so concerned with the price of the TKI2 when you can get the SE and add the 1.3 pistons, light blue springs, and maybe the aluminum rear hubs and be done with it. But if you want the TKI2 with all the bling your gonna pay for it. If you can't afford it don't buy it, but don't get mad at Kyosho cause you can't afford it. You don't get mad at Mercedes, or Porsche, or Air freekin Jordan cause YOU can't afford it.

Davidka, if you spent as much time on earning an income as much as you do on being a Dick, you'd probably have a fleet of TKI2's. Your telling World Champion Paul King he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Kyosho or their competitors. What you need to do is save your money up and buy you a life and quit wasting everybody's time.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #390
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iglu25 View Post
Davidka, if you spent as much time on earning an income as much as you do on being a Dick, you'd probably have a fleet of TKI2's. Your telling World Champion Paul King he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to Kyosho or their competitors. What you need to do is save your money up and buy you a life and quit wasting everybody's time.
You are free to use your time however you like. I cannot help it if you've chosen to spend it reading this thread.

Post reported to mods, hopefully you get a vacation and some more time to waste.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Closed Thread