R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #361
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbkym01 View Post
Gee your quick to dismiss facts, where is your proof that these facts are untrue? By suggesting PK has no idea, is suggesting that you have some or all idea, about the cost of manufacturing these specific parts.

I do have some idea what these parts cost to source. Part of my job is sourcing and negotiating small parts production in Asia. Parts for made similar applications to each other made of steel, aluminum and carbon fiber. Unless Mugen is lying about what their towers are made of (could easily be fiberglass) then there's more than $2 in material cost alone in that part. Mugen is a Japanese company to the same currency issues apply.

If you want to buy a buggy for $900, by all means, enjoy yourselves. Just try not to be blinded by the marketing kool-aid. Cody would've won the worlds with a HB D8 or whatever other competitive buggy is out there because he and Pitpop would've figured it out, regardless of brand.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #362
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohdi View Post
right but I would not pay 150% to KA and then another 125% to Amain.
I know companies need to make a profit but when they try to get greedy, that is when people take their business elsewhere. Just my opinion and I am at a point in my life where I can afford the dang thing and know it is a great buggy!
where are you getting 150% and 125% mark-up?! OMG this is so frustrating... A Main's markup is only 50% (very low), and the manufacturer's mark-up is never more than 100% (or 50% of the wholesale cost).

No, the etc. is all the 100% sponsored drivers taking 1000 pieces out of inventory

Guys, theses are standard business formulas that have been around since the beginning of time. No company adheres to good practice and ethics more than Kyosho does.

with that... WC Pop out
Old 11-21-2010, 04:12 PM   #363
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you want to buy a buggy for $900, by all means, enjoy yourselves. Just try not to be blinded by the marketing kool-aid. Cody would've won the worlds with a HB D8 or whatever other competitive buggy is out there because he and Pitpop would've figured it out, regardless of brand.[/QUOTE]

+1000
Old 11-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #364
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
where are you getting 150% and 125% mark-up?! OMG this is so frustrating
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
thanks for the congrats
This is estimates, but realistic:

16 + 6 (overhead, distributing, packing etc.) = 22 x 2 = $44 wholesale

44 x 2 = 88 msrp... retailer cuts margin to 24.95 = 68.95
I was just going by estimated build cost of $16 and build cost includes overhead at least in every mfg I have ever seen. extra $6 for what you say is Overhead, distributing, packing etc. (ODP) is pure profit.

This stuff is packaged in a plastic bag ..it is not like R&D thought long and hard about packaging.
This is a hobby and people will pay what they want. I really respect what you do but totally disagree with your view on pricing.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:39 PM   #365
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Kyosho is on an ego trip! Winning another worlds didn't help that either. What I would like to know is what is the most winning car at the local club driven by a non-sponsored driver? I bought the ST-RR when it was the "hot" truggy and was never so disappointed with anything. My friends made fun of me for driving a truck that was put together with drywall screws! I couldn't say much. It drove like a house....I hear about all these great drivers winning all these races with different vehicles, but where is the one I can buy (without making payments) and be decent with?
Old 11-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #366
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

His pricing structure relates to all the stops a part makes from production to retail but his numbers are a 100% (double cost at each step) margin which is probably not realistic. Everone gets a cut so hypothetically if everyone takes 50% margin, production sells to a distributor, distributor sells to a store, store sells to consumer. That's 3 equal markup steps and pretty common practice. Sometimes theres more. Who takes how much margin is another variable.

My last jab- Work that backwards from $900.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #367
Tech Master

If you want to buy a buggy for $900, by all means, enjoy yourselves. Just try not to be blinded by the marketing kool-aid. Cody would've won the worlds with a HB D8 or whatever other competitive buggy is out there because he and Pitpop would've figured it out, regardless of brand.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mracer View Post
Kyosho is on an ego trip! Winning another worlds didn't help that either. What I would like to know is what is the most winning car at the local club driven by a non-sponsored driver? I bought the ST-RR when it was the "hot" truggy and was never so disappointed with anything. My friends made fun of me for driving a truck that was put together with drywall screws! I couldn't say much. It drove like a house....I hear about all these great drivers winning all these races with different vehicles, but where is the one I can buy (without making payments) and be decent with?
Kyosho's not on the ego trip, Its the guys who own one at the moment $1,000 for a roller? In this economy? I don't think so
Old 11-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #368
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE View Post
If you want to buy a buggy for $900, by all means, enjoy yourselves. Just try not to be blinded by the marketing kool-aid. Cody would've won the worlds with a HB D8 or whatever other competitive buggy is out there because he and Pitpop would've figured it out, regardless of brand.

Kyosho's not on the ego trip, Its the guys who own one at the moment $1,000 for a roller? In this economy? I don't think so[/QUOTE]

My point exactly! Anyone that thinks one of these things is worth $900+ is on an ego trip. They are breaking new ground alright: Technology, pricing, and a few people's pocket book.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:09 PM   #369
Tech Master

My point exactly! Anyone that thinks one of these things is worth $900+ is on an ego trip. They are breaking new ground alright: Technology, pricing, and a few people's pocket book.[/QUOTE]

I use to race a MP777 SP1 and SP2 they were ok, no better than my RC8B though. I here the TKI2 WC is gonna be $1,500 for the roller. I have nothing against Kyosho they are great kits, but somebody's smokin opium over there in Japan now with the prices
Old 11-21-2010, 06:15 PM   #370
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Quote:
My point exactly! Anyone that thinks one of these things is worth $900+ is on an ego trip. They are breaking new ground alright: Technology, pricing, and a few people's pocket book.

I use to race a MP777 SP1 and SP2 they were ok, no better than my RC8B though. I here the TKI2 WC is gonna be $1,500 for the roller. I have nothing against Kyosho they are great kits, but somebody's smokin opium over there in Japan now with the prices[/QUOTE]

Old 11-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #371
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by transplantlife View Post
I use to race a MP777 SP1 and SP2 they were ok, no better than my RC8B though. I here the TKI2 WC is gonna be $1,500 for the roller. I have nothing against Kyosho they are great kits, but somebody's smokin opium over there in Japan now with the prices
[/QUOTE]

Im a organ donor, glad to see your still here bro..
Old 11-21-2010, 06:25 PM   #372
Tech Regular

you dudes need to find something to do with your spare time this is stupid

who cares if the kyosho is 900 who cares if mugen is 600 who cares if hb is 300 if your really hanging on to the fact this car cost too much dont buy the bloody thing buy something else even though you will be very upset when you see yourself getting your ass spanked by a kyosho

the simple fact is if someone wants a car they really want and it costs 1300 or whatever, they are going to buy right uless their a tight ass
Old 11-21-2010, 06:26 PM   #373
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp9er View Post
you dudes need to find something to do with your spare time this is stupid

who cares if the kyosho is 900 who cares if mugen is 600 who cares if hb is 300 if your really hanging on to the fact this car cost too much dont buy the bloody thing buy something else even though you will be very upset when you see yourself getting your ass spanked by a kyosho

the simple fact is if someone wants a car they really want and it costs 1300 or whatever, they are going to buy right uless their a tight ass
Here's your sign!
Old 11-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

Quote:
Im a organ donor, glad to see your still here bro..[/QUOTE]

THANKS!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:01 PM   #375
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

All of you need to realize the stuff that comes on a Tki2 if you go buy a 500-600 mugen losi or Xray and then put the extra parts on those cars you will have just as much in those cars as you would the kyosho so the kyosho is no more expensive than a losi Xray or mugen the mp9 se is in the same price range as the other cars out there the tki2 just has some extra parts on it and that is why the price is higher not sure why all you can't realize that but instead you want to be a bunch of babies sitting around arguing about the price of the kyosho, if people want it they will buy it, it's just like a Lexus and a Toyota they are both the same cars but the Lexus has a few more bells and whistles on it this is the same principle with the kyosho, and davidka you are a idiot if you think you know more about what goes on with kyosho than PK does
Closed Thread