R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-21-2010, 02:21 PM   #346
Tech Regular
 
revrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohdi View Post
I think the Kyosho is cool but i just want to comment on the math thing.
you say the kyosho front tower costs 8x more to make than the Mugen at $2 so 8 x 2 =$16

retail cost is 68.99
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Shock-Tower

by my math, I see a lot more than 100% margin.

Congrats to you and your son!
HMMMMM....So Do you think A-Main marks it up??? I think so. A-Main purchases from Kyosho America. Do you think they mark it up? I think so. Kyosho America buys from Kyosho Japan (the manufacuturer)......and they need to make a profit also...... Where is the 100+ percent now?
__________________
Brandon
-Kyosho America - Team Orion - AKA - VP Powermaster Fuel - DE Racing
revrace is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:25 PM   #347
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

profit is made all down the line from manufacturer to distributor to hobby shop or online sales , figure 15-50% each depending on item in question , it adds up

quality costs $$ , period
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:39 PM   #348
Tech Master
 
pitpop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohdi View Post
I think the Kyosho is cool but i just want to comment on the math thing.
you say the kyosho front tower costs 8x more to make than the Mugen at $2 so 8 x 2 =$16

retail cost is 68.99
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...nt-Shock-Tower

by my math, I see a lot more than 100% margin.

Congrats to you and your son!
thanks for the congrats

I knew getting into costs and business was going to cause a problem, which is why I'm going to stop posting about this... but the MSRP more like $90. $68.99 is street price where the retailer cuts his margin to sell more (which is why on-line shops kill the brick and mortar places).

This is estimates, but realistic:

16 + 6 (overhead, distributing, packing etc.) = 22 x 2 = $44 wholesale

44 x 2 = 88 msrp... retailer cuts margin to 24.95 = 68.95
__________________
Cody King's Wrench (and dad :))| Team Kyosho International | Reds Racing Engines | Pro-Line Tires
KO Propo | Byron Fuels | AbsoluteHobbyz.com | Stickit1 Racing | kustomrcgraphics.com
LiveRC.com | OCRC Raceway | codykingrc.com | ROAR Sanctioning Director
pitpop is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:46 PM   #349
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
thanks for the congrats

I knew getting into costs and business was going to cause a problem, which is why I'm going to stop posting about this... but the MSRP more like $90. $68.99 is street price where the retailer cuts his margin to sell more (which is why on-line shops kill the brick and mortar places).

This is estimates, but realistic:

16 + 6 (overhead, distributing, packing etc.) = 22 x 2 = $44 wholesale

44 x 2 = 88 msrp... retailer cuts margin to 24.95 = 68.95
ohpe , now youre in trouble PK
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:47 PM   #350
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrace View Post
HMMMMM....So Do you think A-Main marks it up??? I think so. A-Main purchases from Kyosho America. Do you think they mark it up? I think so. Kyosho America buys from Kyosho Japan (the manufacuturer)......and they need to make a profit also...... Where is the 100+ percent now?
right but I would not pay 150% to KA and then another 125% to Amain.
I know companies need to make a profit but when they try to get greedy, that is when people take their business elsewhere. Just my opinion and I am at a point in my life where I can afford the dang thing and know it is a great buggy!
__________________
ATX
bohdi is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:48 PM   #351
Tech Master
 
kaptain crash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: York PA.
Posts: 1,349
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to kaptain crash
Default

Its very simple...if you think 900 bucks is to much...dont buy it.
__________________
YEAH IM OLD...RUSTY AND SLOW,CRASH A LOT TOO. BUT WITH NITRO I HAVE A BLAST!
kaptain crash is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #352
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

you guys know there is a $500 inferno mp9 on amain right ?

i just to quite get why the truggy cost $100 more and its a older design i think .
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:51 PM   #353
Tech Prophet
 
houston's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: portland OR
Posts: 15,088
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohdi View Post
right but I would not pay 150% to KA and then another 125% to Amain.
I know companies need to make a profit but when they try to get greedy, that is when people take their business elsewhere. Just my opinion and I am at a point in my life where I can afford the dang thing and know it is a great buggy!
btw , there is not quite that much markup on kits , PK is just givin you a hypothetical .


and yes i know what things cost

parts have always been marked up anywhere from 100-300% on average at any hobby shop . online stores have made it very hard for many brick and mortar hobby shops to survive .

viva la kyosho!!!!

and ya if you dont wanna spend the major coin on mp9 tki2 then get the mp9 se , thats simple enough
__________________
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:54 PM   #354
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
btw , there is not quite that much markup on kits , PK is just givin you a hypothetical .


and yes i know what things cost

parts have always been marked up anywhere from 100-300% on average at any hobby shop . online stores have made it very hard for many brick and mortar hobby shops to survive .

viva la kyosho!!!!

and ya if you dont wanna spend the major coin on mp9 tki2 then get the mp9 se , thats simple enough


while i kind of agree... with you on that online stores make it hard to lhs to survive but than again lhs caters to bashers and airplanes and helis thats where they make thier money really.

some lhs do offer deals sometimes during a mouth.
tc5 man is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 02:56 PM   #355
Tech Master
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,098
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post
thanks for the congrats

I knew getting into costs and business was going to cause a problem, which is why I'm going to stop posting about this... but the MSRP more like $90. $68.99 is street price where the retailer cuts his margin to sell more (which is why on-line shops kill the brick and mortar places).

This is estimates, but realistic:

16 + 6 (overhead, distributing, packing etc.) = 22 x 2 = $44 wholesale

44 x 2 = 88 msrp... retailer cuts margin to 24.95 = 68.95
having worked for a Japanese company in the past, I know for a fact this is spot on but the "etc" part you mention is also the hidden extra markup for the USA market that some japanese companies employ. Been there done that. I am by no means bashing the buggy or anybody else, just talking business.
__________________
ATX
bohdi is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #356
Tech Elite
 
too twisted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 3,109
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain crash View Post
Its very simple...if you think 900 bucks is to much...dont buy it.
+1.....
too twisted is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #357
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 196
Default

Sooo much crying over a $900 buggy, yet no one seems to batter an eyelid over a $550 + engine, which in terms of design and production costs are concerned don't even come close.
B.C.Ninja is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #358
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Penalty Box
Posts: 870
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptain crash View Post
Its very simple...if you think 900 bucks is to much...dont buy it.
+2 end of story..........
Jusleanit is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:36 PM   #359
Tech Master
 
mtbkym01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South Oz
Posts: 1,670
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Look up the definition of necessary. If they were necessary then someone in the region would be using them.



You have no idea what any of these parts cost. You're pulling "facts" out of thin air again.


Been there plenty, only the guys who've already bought these parts think the car needs them. Last time the BCE chassis came up people were arguing about whether or not it helped the car run better.

Edit: I should point out that owners of the chassis were arguing against it's benefit.
Gee your quick to dismiss facts, where is your proof that these facts are untrue? By suggesting PK has no idea, is suggesting that you have some or all idea, about the cost of manufacturing these specific parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eight View Post
Yeah, tell em how it is anonymous internet guy^
His post count makes him an expert in all things
__________________
~Kym Nuske~
RCHobbyzone.com.au / Model Motorsports International
Mugen Seiki 1/8, Reds, Neo+ Fuels
AE 1/10, Reds
"If it's old skool, it's kool"
mtbkym01 is offline  
Old 11-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #360
Tech Elite
 
Jammin57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,374
Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
you guys know there is a $500 inferno mp9 on amain right ?

i just to quite get why the truggy cost $100 more and its a older design i think .
What do you not get??? Every companys truggy costs more than the buggy not just kyosho go look at some prices a truggy costs more to produce than a buggy
Jammin57 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net