Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 09:32 PM   #316
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidka View Post
Um, yeah..
if I said it's a fact, it is...

you think the Mugen towers at 35 bucks cost as much as the 70 dollar machined Kyosho towers? and I can guarantee the margin is higher on the Mugen piece...

Davidkaw... you are in this thread talking complete nonsense about your car costing the same amount to manufacture as a Kyosho... if I see a thread about Mugen I don't go in there and start hammering on my keyboard... are you a sponsored driver?

Um, yeah...
Old 11-20-2010, 09:35 PM   #317
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Alll you people that want to bitch about the price simple solution is don't buy it problem solved. I'm sure PK probably knows alot about what he is talking about when it comes to kyosho and I'm sure he knows a hell alot more than you do about that situation so just stop you're stupid bitching about the car if you don't want to spend the money then go post in the thread of the car you run
Old 11-20-2010, 09:36 PM   #318
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusleanit View Post
i know thats right!!!!

or you could get a D8....is just as good
very true or you can get the standard addition mp9 which is almost the same
Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #319
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitpop View Post

you think the Mugen towers at 35 bucks cost as much as the 70 dollar machined Kyosho towers? and I guarantee the margin is higher on the Mugen piece... Um, yeah...
wouldnt even pay no nevermind to the nonsense PK

you have been there seen that done that more than most , its awesome to see the kid that used to come up and race with us is now the WC , you guys are awesome and deserve great props . keep up the great work !!!

it would be great to see a kyosho buggy that was affordable to the lowly drivers who have no cash so they could see how awesome the car is , now where is the new truck???

how bout codys "real" setup sheet ?

too bad another kyosho team mate didnt have a proper pit guy for the race
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
Old 11-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #320
Tech Apprentice

MBX6 $550+$120 for BCE chassis (cause the stock one taccos)+$65 alu rear hubs= not that great of a deal

Plus, doesnt the MP9 come with extras?

Quote:
Kyosho's margin is small, it's an economic fact of life for a product in the upper range of a market ...
Pitpop- Just a friendly dispute.... When a product is high end ,with fewer sales.... I believe the profit margin to be larger. Because they cant make their $ off volume. Ya know? Like a Lamborghini.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #321
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgombe View Post
its funny how Kyosho fans have spoken again.. when just 2 years ago it was beaten by the cheapest car ever....

the car does not win races.. the driver does... Kyosho broke as much parts as any other brand out there at the worlds.. even a bent chassis after Tebo got it wrong off of a jump.... they did not have anybody proper to represent them last worlds.. so they invested in Tebo.. and Cody King won...

its all about driver... any car that was in the final is capable... any engine that was in the final was capable.... any driver in the final was capable... if they can stay focus and consistent for 1 hr on arguably 1 of the toughest track for man and machine ever...

all this back and forth about who is the best and who has a good marketing plan... it does not matter.. what matters is what you are comfortable driving and what you can afford....

the most expensive car does not always win... and the most economical is not always the best...

the best driver of that day wins...

Old 11-20-2010, 09:44 PM   #322
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

+1 wheres the new truggy st-rrr or mp9t
Old 11-20-2010, 09:45 PM   #323
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:

you think the Mugen towers at 35 bucks cost as much as the 70 dollar machined Kyosho towers? and I guarantee the margin is higher on the Mugen piece... Um, yeah...
Really? Wow. You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?

And no, not a sponsored driver. I am a paying customer. BTW, this is a thread that exists specifically to question the value of the Kyosho car @ $900 dollars so you're the one trolling here Pitpop.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:47 PM   #324
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eight View Post
MBX6 $550+$120 for BCE chassis (cause the stock one taccos)+$65 alu rear hubs= not that great of a deal
Completely unecessary. Mugen is a popular car in my region. I have never seen a BCE chassis or the sluminum hubs in person.

In mind and body, we're all heading towards old age. It is slower to go by bike.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #325
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-eight View Post

Plus, doesnt the MP9 come with extras?

Pitpop- Just a friendly dispute.... When a product is high end ,with fewer sales.... I believe the profit margin to be larger. Because they cant make their $ off volume. Ya know? Like a Lamborghini.
it's not... I knew I was treading on flaming ground bringing this up, but it's the other way around. The margin is smaller, but the product is more expensive, so they still get a set profit from each piece. This was explained to me from a credible source in the company, and if I was smart, I would stop posting about it.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:58 PM   #326
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
it's not... I knew I was treading on flaming ground bringing this up, but it's the other way around. The margin is smaller, but the product is more expensive, so they still get a set profit from each piece. This was explained to me from a credible source in the company, and if I was smart, I would stop posting about it.
Ok, understood. But are you referring to the MP9 only? Or is the profit margin on high end things lower because its based on the % of the sales price?

Like a Lamborghini will sell a few hundred models compared to a Corvette. But they have to make their $ off the few hundred sales. Or maybe its like someone mentioned above, its worth not making that much off the MP9 in order to gain respect for the brand?

Quote:
Completely unecessary. Mugen is a popular car in my region. I have never seen a BCE chassis or the sluminum hubs in person.
So youve never even seen or tried them, yet they are unnecessary?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #327
Tech Master

Quote:
Really? Wow. You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
how much do you think the COST is to make the CF Mugen towers? There is about a 500% margin on the CF front tower, and the margin on the Kyosho tower is probably about 100%. They have some outsourced machinist making it out of 7075 aluminum and then anodizing it. Probably costs them about 15bucks to make...

I don't know anything, forget everything I said
Old 11-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #328
Tech Prophet

i remember seeing a lower level kyosho inferno buggy no not the rtr a kit and it was about $500 or $600.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #329
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Well, if you ask anyone in the mugen thread... EVERYONE agrees the car needs it...
Old 11-20-2010, 10:05 PM   #330
Tech Master

BTW, the SE is a great car and not expensive. If I was looking around, that's the car I would get. same configuration we ran in Pattaya, and easily upgradable if you want to step up later into some threaded shocks etc...

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Off-Road-Buggy
Closed Thread