Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #286
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

remember they have 4 diferent models for the mp9
-Kyosho Inferno MP9 Standard Edition (SE) 1/8 Off Road Buggy-$579.99
- Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy - $769.99
-Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI2 Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy -$879.99
-Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI2 "Spec-A" Competition 1/8 Off Road Buggy Race Roller- $899.99

If you want the kyosho mp9 and you can't get the best one you have any other options to get it!
Old 10-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #287
Tech Master

we're testing the CVDs in the middle tomorrow
Old 10-15-2010, 08:36 AM   #288
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

did you wheigh them against the weight of te universals by chance
and r u guys running your battery up front seems to give little more steering and some how makes car better through rough in back i like it
Old 10-15-2010, 10:14 AM   #289
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
I was on A Main tonight and saw that they are listing the new Kyosho buggy for $900.

This is absolutely insane to me! Not even the Durango 408 will be that much...what is this hobby coming too?

I mean we are talking about a toy car. You can buy a regular car,albeit a crappy one, for that price and still have cash for a #1 combo at The Golden Arches. Unbelievable!!!
Aman! don't get me wrong i love this hobby like the next guy.but these are only toys,though powerful and fast they are still toys.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #290
Tech Adept

@ bad ass so have you seen the 500 dollar kyosho? i want one but i don't know the quality of the cheaper one
Old 10-15-2010, 02:50 PM   #291
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmane42 View Post
@ bad ass so have you seen the 500 dollar kyosho? i want one but i don't know the quality of the cheaper one
the mp9 SE is just as capable as the TKI and the TKI2, all plastics, bearings are the same they all have big bore shocks, there is no difference as far as quality, they are just different, the SE is comparable to a losi 2.0, mugen mbx6, etc. the TKI has all the light weight aluminum balls and hard coated aluminum (the lightest of them all) and the TKI2 is a blinged out SE, but it does not have the velvet coated shocks from the TKI, the aluminum balls or the hard coated aluminum, but it does come with all the aluminum posts, carriers, toe blocks.
So really they are giving us a choice. How much is all other kits out there after you upgraded all the bits? more than the TKI2 by far.
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #292
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default MP9 pics

Lets see some pics of peoples cars, body on and body off and not worry about how much it costs. If its too expensive then dont buy one..
Old 10-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #293
Tech Initiate

Default Exchange rate makes Kyosho so expensive

Since 2007 the dollar to yen exchange rate has caused a 33% increase in the price. That $880 MP9 would only be $580 at the old exchange rate. These things fluctuate. It's not Kyosho being greedy, just the world haggling. It's a little due to Kyosho refusing to use Chinese suppliers. I'm ok with those reasons.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:40 PM   #294
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Elliott View Post
Since 2007 the dollar to yen exchange rate has caused a 33% increase in the price. That $880 MP9 would only be $580 at the old exchange rate. These things fluctuate. It's not Kyosho being greedy, just the world haggling. It's a little due to Kyosho refusing to use Chinese suppliers. I'm ok with those reasons.
Well, according to this guy, they are made in Taiwan.

"I'm sorry, but many of the Kyosho Products, including the MP9, are made in Taiwan. The MP9 is being produced (most of the parts) in the Kingstar Factory in Taiwan. And I know this 100% sure."

Where's all these cars and trucks made and their quality?

post #13
Old 10-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #295
Tech Regular

lol who cares where its made it doesnt change the fact that the mp9 kicks ass
Old 10-15-2010, 08:37 PM   #296
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitroexpress View Post
Well, according to this guy, they are made in Taiwan.

"I'm sorry, but many of the Kyosho Products, including the MP9, are made in Taiwan. The MP9 is being produced (most of the parts) in the Kingstar Factory in Taiwan. And I know this 100% sure."

Where's all these cars and trucks made and their quality?

post #13
Nitroexpress, I'll post here what I just posted in response to that nonsense in the other thread. Where they're made isn't as important as how their made, but the post by Bife is complete bunk.

Quote:
Bife, you are making factual statements that are 100-percent incorrect. That's about as respectful as I can say it. 100-percent of Kyosho's racing vehicles are made in Japan. The MP9, which you claim to know so much about, is absolutely 100-percent made in Japan to the point that they're even using Japanese bearings and hardware. You can debate the point all you want about whether you think one country can make better products that another, and whether you think it's worth it, but you need to check yourself before making factual statements about how, what or where any company does anything.

Having worked at Kyosho, I happen to know what I'm telling you is 100-percent fact. Kyosho has never been shy about where their product is produced, and some of their RTRs ARE made in China by quality manufacturers - a couple RTRs are also made in Taiwan, also by quality manufacturers. Many of the critical parts, such as the molded parts, some machined parts and other misc items are still made in Japan and shipped elsewhere for assembly, because they're more confident in the finished product, but there's never been an aversion to disclosing where anything is made - it's printed in plain English right on the box.

Kyosho would probably rather not get involved in discussions like this on internet forums because it serves no good purpose. But I've been a fan of their products for decades, and they're quietly proud of the standards they hold themselves to, especially regarding the competition kits, and they're ALL made in Japan. They pride themselves with the high standards they set, and they've produced some of the best cars on the market for longer than any other manufacturer in the World. When I see someone like you completely misrepresent these facts, and by innuendo suggest that "it's not really what they say it is," well, I'm here to defend the truth and tell you that you're completely wrong. This is probably just ignorant flame baiting and perhaps a waste of time replying, but for the benefit of anyone else that gives your fallacy any credibility, I guess this is somewhat of a justified response.

There are many quality products that come from factories all over Asia, so this isn't a condemnation of those products. There are plenty of them that are well worth the money, but there are also plenty that are not. Nobody from within Kyosho has EVER claimed superiority based on the simple fact of where it's racing products are made. But the standards they set for themselves and for their customers, and the pride they take in delivering the best quality product is commendable and shouldn't be fodder for this type of nonsense.
Old 10-19-2010, 03:08 AM   #297
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveP View Post
Nitroexpress, I'll post here what I just posted in response to that nonsense in the other thread. Where they're made isn't as important as how their made, but the post by Bife is complete bunk.
Well said!!
Old 10-20-2010, 01:59 PM   #298
Tech Apprentice

i purchased the inferno mp9 tki2 yesterday from france delivered to uk 480 the the door.
cant wait to get it, im chainging from losi 8ight just wanted something totally different and the tki2 is what caught my eye

heres the shop
TTRC PASSION MODELISME

this kit retails at 650 in the uk
Old 11-19-2010, 08:14 PM   #299
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Make that a $1000 Kyosho since they are World Champions again....
Old 11-20-2010, 07:10 PM   #300
Tech Master

the Kyosho costs a little more because it's expensive to make... by the way, it has the smallest profit margin in the industry
Closed Thread