Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 08:21 AM   #256
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
ok, just to clear things up... my sponser can't hate me. why?? for 3 years of racing, losi never won a race in Kuwait and very little podium finishes. i raced it last year (2009-2010 season) and managed 7 out of 9 podiums (2 missing were mechanical problems during Amain) and gave him the National Title and the Middle east Title losi 8ight is also the first Kuwaiti car to qualify for the WC in Pattaya.

i'm honest about my opinions mate, many Losi parts are better than Kyoshos but here we are talking about the MP9.

cheers

Ali
I would like to meet you one day, straight forward no BS. We need more of you
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 AM   #257
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

mugen mb6 600$

bce chassis 100$

m2c front and rear toeblocks 100$

aluminum front tower 50$

one piece motor mount 50$

Total???? = = = = = = 900$

Mugen
Old 08-22-2010, 10:19 AM   #258
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
mugen mb6 600$

bce chassis 100$

m2c front and rear toeblocks 100$

aluminum front tower 50$

one piece motor mount 50$

Total???? = = = = = = 900$
Do you really need all that on a mugen? I know plenty of people who are fast with the stock chassis and the only thing they changed were the engine mounts...anyway to each his own...I can't spend that on a kyosho even though I know their products are top of the line. The car is solid as everyone knows but not for everyone..I don't understand being upset because of what one company decides to charge for their kit. The funny thing is I think even if the kyosho was $600 the people who are complaining about the price still wouldn't buy it which means one thing they don't like Kyosho products not the price.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:49 AM   #259
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Corvette vs Mustang! This thread makes me laugh!
Old 08-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #260
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Black View Post
Corvette vs Mustang! This thread makes me laugh!
im starting to think this threads the OFFICIAL new mp9-2 thread haha.....
Old 08-22-2010, 01:58 PM   #261
Tech Fanatic

Simply put, no one is forcing you to buy one. Just don't mock the ones that do, just because you can not afford one.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #262
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
where can you go to find list of dfferences between the tki tki2 and se editions chassis is the same right think big thing is velvet threaded shocks in se length in back and se hight rear tower and aluminum hubs in back what else is changed
can someone answer this for me please went to amain and looked at pic of tki2 looks like it does not come with the gold turnbuckles and tierods and such
so my question is r u going to have to buy a tki2 and then buy the tki gold pieces for it also are the threaded shock bodies velvet does not look like it
can someone please explain who knows the right answers
Old 08-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #263
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroLuver View Post
Do you really need all that on a mugen? I know plenty of people who are fast with the stock chassis and the only thing they changed were the engine mounts...anyway to each his own...I can't spend that on a kyosho even though I know their products are top of the line. The car is solid as everyone knows but not for everyone..I don't understand being upset because of what one company decides to charge for their kit. The funny thing is I think even if the kyosho was $600 the people who are complaining about the price still wouldn't buy it which means one thing they don't like Kyosho products not the price.
heck no!!!! THe point is, the bce chassis is better, period and m2c toeblocks makes it eaiser for maintenance. Do i need it? no. Does it make me a better driver? Probably not. BUT I WANT IT!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG give me 20 GALLONS OF GAS!!! 10 speeds, a set of every tire made, 5 sets of lipos uuummmm a m11x, hitec HV servos!!!! Wait not done. I want a COMPLETE set of tools and set up gear by HUDDY!! Cause it's made of SPRING STEEL!!! WAAAHHHOOOOO!!!! I need Titanium screws and turnbuckles!! Wait eerrrr, that stupid coupling thingy by fironni!! While i am at it give me those good for NOTHING aluminum diff cases cuz they look ssswwweeeettt!!!

NOTHING BUT CERAMIC BEARINGS THROUGHOUT THE BUGGY!! GIIMMMEEE rays tooling too!!!

DO I NEED ALL THIS CRAP!! HELL NO!!! BBUUUTT I WWAANNNTT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mugen
Old 08-22-2010, 02:25 PM   #264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default I never thought it would go this far!

Ok, Ok,Ok....when I started this thread I was really most surprised about the asking price for one buggy. I was also not sold on the fact that it was really $200-300 better than most of the other stock buggy kits available today.

I never intended this to turn into all of this

I agree with the fact that it comes down to personal choice...period.

Once I took a look at all the things I have put onto my Mugen truggy I realised I have well over $900 into it

I appreciate all the valid points brought up about the quality of the Kyosho product. So much so that I might actually consider it for my next buggy purchase

That is of course until the Durango 408 comes out. Then all bets are off!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:30 PM   #265
Tech Fanatic

Actually the original TKI is of a higher spec if you will, the tki 2, is a SE with rims, tires, aluminum radio and wing posts, the rear aluminum toe block and uprights, the revised c bulkheads and the diff out shafts from the tki. You will be missing on the hard coating aluminum, velvet shocks (the threaded shocks are not really a biggy for me, as I like the velvet coated) all the 7075 aluminum balls, the vented rotors. its just easier and much cheaper and a better spec car to convert a original tki to a tki2.
Old 08-22-2010, 03:08 PM   #266
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Ya that's my only negative about the tki2 is no hardcoated parts, velvet shocks etc. I have a SE buggy with all the hard balls and gold turnbuckles, and all the tki2 upgrades except threaded bodies ( I prefer the clips). Hardcoated balls out last the steel x2 IMO, but the steels are 1/2 the cost of the hards if not cheaper, so it doesn't really matter, just time rebuilding when they wear out.

What a lot of guys are forgetting is the TKI2 has ALL the upgrades except the newer ones just coming out. $600 kit will $300 in upgrades and revisions. Like a lot of you have put take the mugen and put all the upgrades on it $900. If you don't want the best version buy the SE, it has all the hard plastics, you won't need anything to be fast with it, buggy is awesome stock.

Andy
SCRC Spacecoast RC www.spacecoastrc.com
Old 08-22-2010, 03:24 PM   #267
Tech Fanatic

I have a TKI 2 season old, I will be rebuilding this winter to a tki2 but with all the original tki hard coated pieces, keeping the original body, I am not a fan of the cab forward design. I had an SE never used, bought new put together and sold it here. My TKI is still rocking.
Old 08-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #268
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
I would like to meet you one day, straight forward no BS. We need more of you
thanks alot for the nice comment, i'll be honored to meet you

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
Old 08-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #269
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
heck no!!!! THe point is, the bce chassis is better, period and m2c toeblocks makes it eaiser for maintenance. Do i need it? no. Does it make me a better driver? Probably not. BUT I WANT IT!!!!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG give me 20 GALLONS OF GAS!!! 10 speeds, a set of every tire made, 5 sets of lipos uuummmm a m11x, hitec HV servos!!!! Wait not done. I want a COMPLETE set of tools and set up gear by HUDDY!! Cause it's made of SPRING STEEL!!! WAAAHHHOOOOO!!!! I need Titanium screws and turnbuckles!! Wait eerrrr, that stupid coupling thingy by fironni!! While i am at it give me those good for NOTHING aluminum diff cases cuz they look ssswwweeeettt!!!

NOTHING BUT CERAMIC BEARINGS THROUGHOUT THE BUGGY!! GIIMMMEEE rays tooling too!!!

DO I NEED ALL THIS CRAP!! HELL NO!!! BBUUUTT I WWAANNNTT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
haha ok gotcha..
Old 08-23-2010, 04:09 PM   #270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

is anybody interested in nip MP9 parts for 60% off retail? pm me

Team associated, Reedy, schelle racing, Lunsford, Lead finger racing
Closed Thread