R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #241
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
Just to keep this trainwreck moving, when I look at an MP9, I just can't see anything on it that will give me a significant advantage over my competition. I can't see a single thing on it that sets it apart from the crowd. I don't see a single thing on it that warrants paying some $300 more than an MBX6, or an RC8 or an 8ight any other competition-level buggy.

At least with an Xray 808, they produce ALL the parts IN-HOUSE which is why the fit-n-finish is perfect and explains somewhat why they cost a little more than the other guys.
Its not about what you see, it's not about faster laps, it's about desire!

Why do we waste our money on little toys...its all fun! I like to spend a LOT of money on upgrading my buggy - even when I know it's not going to make me any faster. I've spent about $300 (au) on titanium screws for a buggy I dont race -why - because I can!

We can all piss and moan about the cost of this hobby, but all in all its only as expensive as you make it!

Smokey
Old 08-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #242
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)
Talking Ship getting deep

This treads getting funnier every day & friendly i might add.: lol:: lol:
Old 08-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #243
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

How people spend their money is certainly their own prerogative. I guess Kyosho was banking on that...
Old 08-19-2010, 05:09 PM   #244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I won't run a kyosho because I can't afford to but the MP9 is nice and though $900 is a lot you're getting a top quality ride. So to all y'all with deep pockets and kyosho in your blood see ya at the races lol
Old 08-19-2010, 08:06 PM   #245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

well $900 is alot but anyway you look at it the the buggy will break or wear & tear on parts just as fast anything on the market ..i like kyosho but for that much money i can get a slash, D8 & D8t race 3 classes instead one just my opinion
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
Old 08-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #246
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hey,

not here to argue with anybody please, the following is only MHO

i have raced my MP9 when it first came out and last season i raced a losi 8ight 2.0 (sponsered). i dont agree with the post above because the MP9 doesn't wear as fast as other buggies, center shafts/ CV shafts and hing pins last forever, bearings size makes them impossible to go bad unlike the losi where i had to change almost all my bearings after 2 races (we race on loose sand and it hurts the bearings)
the MP9 chassis is the best, long lasting chassis i've seen. it lasted more than 12 gallons on my MP9 including the race in Thailand where fellow Mugen/Losi friends used 2 chassis in a week.

yes its expensive but its worth each and every cent. if i wasnt sponsered for neaxt season (Xray) i would buy the new kit without a question.

if you find it expensive, dont buy it and dont complain about it there are kits from 350 to 900 bucks out there. you get to choose

Koyosho wouldnt make new buggies if they are not selling them

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
Old 08-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #247
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

LOL this thread is getting bad! Honestly the Kyoshso makes good stuff and thats why they price so high. There not just saying lets build cars in our factory and make $500 dollar profit, they are selling for that price for a reason. Also yeah 900 is exspensive and not all just hobby guys can fork up 900 to club race a Kyosho. Most guys/girls who buy these are in the rc pro series etc. etc. and to them its worth it to a club racer just buy somthing a bit cheaper. For example go to a club race and count the number of Kyoshos, theres not alot for a club day when they can have a back up club car to run. I know im ganna have people disagree but this is my opininon.

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
Old 08-21-2010, 06:07 AM   #248
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO View Post
hey,

not here to argue with anybody please, the following is only MHO

i have raced my MP9 when it first came out and last season i raced a losi 8ight 2.0 (sponsered). i dont agree with the post above because the MP9 doesn't wear as fast as other buggies, center shafts/ CV shafts and hing pins last forever, bearings size makes them impossible to go bad unlike the losi where i had to change almost all my bearings after 2 races (we race on loose sand and it hurts the bearings)
the MP9 chassis is the best, long lasting chassis i've seen. it lasted more than 12 gallons on my MP9 including the race in Thailand where fellow Mugen/Losi friends used 2 chassis in a week.

yes its expensive but its worth each and every cent. if i wasnt sponsered for neaxt season (Xray) i would buy the new kit without a question.

if you find it expensive, dont buy it and dont complain about it there are kits from 350 to 900 bucks out there. you get to choose

Koyosho wouldnt make new buggies if they are not selling them

cheers

Ali
Waw man! your "sponsors" must hate you going on and on about the awesomeness of another manufacturers car!
not being a jerk or anything but losi has one of the stiffest chassis plates in the bisness so if they were bendind losi's they would have bent anything lol
Old 08-21-2010, 06:11 AM   #249
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just because you are sponsored does not mean you can not voice your opinion, and state the facts
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
Old 08-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #250
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
Waw man! your "sponsors" must hate you going on and on about the awesomeness of another manufacturers car!
not being a jerk or anything but losi has one of the stiffest chassis plates in the bisness so if they were bendind losi's they would have bent anything lol
Uh.........the chassis were not bending, they were wearing down. Yes, you did come off like a jerk tho. LOL

I know PLENTY of sponsored drivers that have told me they know there are other cars that are better than theirs, but I am not dumb enough to say who!!! Ali was just nice enough to be honest. Honest opinions are nice these days......but rare.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:09 AM   #251
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

wow this thread is still going? Whats the point? The guys who want it will buy it no matter how much it is and the rest will not..Talk about beating a dead horse! nothing that anyone says or does is going to prevent people from buying the new MP9..lets talk about tires now
Old 08-21-2010, 05:55 PM   #252
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameholic2 View Post
ok, just to clear things up... my sponser can't hate me. why?? for 3 years of racing, losi never won a race in Kuwait and very little podium finishes. i raced it last year (2009-2010 season) and managed 7 out of 9 podiums (2 missing were mechanical problems during Amain) and gave him the National Title and the Middle east Title losi 8ight is also the first Kuwaiti car to qualify for the WC in Pattaya.

i'm honest about my opinions mate, many Losi parts are better than Kyoshos but here we are talking about the MP9.

cheers

Ali
Thanks to all my sponsors: Modelix/Ultimate Racing, AKA Racing, AVID Racing, Stick-it1 Racing and HES
Old 08-21-2010, 06:02 PM   #253
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

tires are the biggest scam in the hobby 22-28 dollars for two without rims and if you are sponsored around 12 a set of two at 50% and you know they are still making money off of those guys also
on the k car i think the new car is going to be great for me i will be able to buy a original tki kit now for cheap so things are looking good for me
Old 08-21-2010, 09:17 PM   #254
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewn_beef View Post
tires are the biggest scam in the hobby 22-28 dollars for two without rims and if you are sponsored around 12 a set of two at 50% and you know they are still making money off of those guys also
on the k car i think the new car is going to be great for me i will be able to buy a original tki kit now for cheap so things are looking good for me
The original TKI and the TKI2 will drive totally different, my SE buggy with all the tki2 upgrades except threaded shocks handles much better than the Original tki, IMO, I can drive the SE much better has a more planted rear end around turns, set up and driving style can change that.

Andy
SCRC Spacecoast RC www.spacecoastrc.com
Old 08-21-2010, 10:19 PM   #255
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

where can you go to find list of dfferences between the tki tki2 and se editions chassis is the same right think big thing is velvet threaded shocks in se length in back and se hight rear tower and aluminum hubs in back what else is changed
Closed Thread