R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #211
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Would you really say that Kyosho is $200-600 better than everything else, though?
Old 08-08-2010, 05:26 AM   #212
Tech Fanatic
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had, the Losi 2.0b, Caster 1.5r (huh), Mugen MBX5r, MBX5 Prospec and Super Athlete, Ho-bao pirate m1, Kyosho turbo burns, original inferno and now the MP9 tki and SE. I can honestly say Caster is the worse kit that I have ever put together, Losi is a race roller and is not as bad as people make them, yes plastics are soft and you have to be careful when torquing the screws and they are sloppy but they work, they do require more maintenance than Mugen or Kyosho, Mugen I think is probably the best compromise between price and quality they have good plastics and bearings, the kits do require some trimming and riming (not much) of parts for proper fitting and no bidding, Kyosho just goes together like a hot knife thru butter. Are they over priced? well maybe...But the kit comes with all you need to race right out of the box, you have to realize the MP9 is a full out race kit, hell the SE didn't even had rims or tires, why? a racer probably has already dozens of mounted tires to run and the tires that come with the MP9 wouldn't work most of the time (AKA hard).
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
Old 08-08-2010, 05:32 AM   #213
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If you think it's to much, then don't pay for it. There is no such thing as overpriced if there is always someone willing to pay for it.

Mugen
Old 08-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #214
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
If you think it's to much, then don't pay for it. There is no such thing as overpriced if there is always someone willing to pay for it.
WOW, ok bud, I have two of them, and I didn't complain about the price, was just commenting on my experience and what I read/hear from others.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:32 AM   #215
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
WOW, ok bud, I have two of them, and I didn't complain about the price, was just commenting on my experience and what I read/hear from others.
umm, my statement was intended for the original poster and not you.

Mugen
Old 08-08-2010, 06:35 AM   #216
Tech Fanatic

my apologies
Old 08-08-2010, 06:40 AM   #217
Tech Elite

Just a minor miscomunication. Sometimes the context gets twisted.

If it is something someone really wants, then price is not as much of a factor. And as long as they sell, they have no reason whatsoever to drop the price. Would any of you? Who do they think they are? trying to get top dollar for their products. What a bunch of idiots.

Mugen
Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 AM   #218
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

At our track today I took along my newly completed MP9 TKI (I have two others but this one has the TKI2 improvements) and all the guys were asking how I got the drive train so free and smooth and the comments were about the smooth steering etc and these were Losi, Mugen, etc owners. I guess that says it all.

And as for $900 I can get them for $780AU maybe you should start looking in your own backyard why such a high price, maybe Kyosho America and the the Hobby stores might have something to do with it???

Get a Mugen, add a front ally shock tower, front upper suspension brace and ally rear hub carrier (which most Mugen owners end up doing) and your getting up there in price anyway, a fool should be able to see that. BTW I like the Mugen, just making a point.
Nitro X Fuels

Last edited by smelly62; 08-08-2010 at 08:20 AM.
Old 08-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #219
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I like my mugen too, but it does get squeaky after a day of racing, but im only a weekend club racer. I think the people that the TKI2 is made for are the guys that race for a living, and depend on a product like this for a paycheck. I know pros make up less than 10% of this hobby, but if joe blow wants to run what joe pro does, he will pay the money. Myself, i cant justify the cost, even if it has a smoother drivetrain or steering. Im happy with my buggys cost/performance.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smelly62 View Post

And as for $900 I can get them for $780AU
I think I'll order mine through you....
Old 08-09-2010, 04:59 PM   #221
Tech Fanatic

Selling a brand new never used, pro built MP9 SE
$400.00 plus shipping firm
Old 08-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #222
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

As stated....if you have to ask....you can't afford it.

You pays your pesos and you make your choice.

World class stupid thread from the get. Pages and pages...
Old 08-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys this is a super outfitted car. There really isn't another car the comes with just about every latest part all the lightweight stuff and the aluminum. They still have the standard edition which is equiped like other companies. They have just gone and made a kit outfitted with everything all in one box. Take just about any other car and add all the aluminum light weight stuff etcc.... you'll be around $900. The standard edition is a great car and still comes with kyosho quality. If you want to later add some hop-ups you can just like the other companies.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:30 AM   #224
Tech Rookie

Default mp9e

im a dealer and yes 900.00 is about the lowest any repuatable hobby shop will sell these for, i just got one outfitted with a mamba system, let me tell you all this car is rock solid. cant ask for anything better, its like going from micky d's to a reservations only. the quality of parts and desighn are far more superior than ANY i have seen, if you do the reserch you will find kyosho uses higher quality raw materials in manufacturing there parts. ie. first day ran front tire into a curb.... nothing broke. also you will find that any pro chassis is going to be close to the 900.00 mark. in short it is well worth the price
Old 08-19-2010, 11:58 AM   #225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
I had, the Losi 2.0b, Caster 1.5r (huh), Mugen MBX5r, MBX5 Prospec and Super Athlete, Ho-bao pirate m1, Kyosho turbo burns, original inferno and now the MP9 tki and SE. I can honestly say Caster is the worse kit that I have ever put together, Losi is a race roller and is not as bad as people make them, yes plastics are soft and you have to be careful when torquing the screws and they are sloppy but they work, they do require more maintenance than Mugen or Kyosho, Mugen I think is probably the best compromise between price and quality they have good plastics and bearings, the kits do require some trimming and riming (not much) of parts for proper fitting and no bidding, Kyosho just goes together like a hot knife thru butter. Are they over priced? well maybe...But the kit comes with all you need to race right out of the box, you have to realize the MP9 is a full out race kit, hell the SE didn't even had rims or tires, why? a racer probably has already dozens of mounted tires to run and the tires that come with the MP9 wouldn't work most of the time (AKA hard).
That Athelete was a sweet ride, and the pirate was prob the best buggy ever.

I do like Kyosho, had a few of them, but these days, the mugen, and Xray are my personal favorites....