Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #166
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post
Yes he could've had some periods here and there, but you don't necessarily have to insult him on a forum because of it!

I do get what your saying...but hookem went a little too far!
I dont understand what you are getting at... i never ONCE brought up punctuation or spelling or grammer....
Old 08-02-2010, 04:17 PM   #167
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fd2k View Post
If kyosho selling there buggy for that much... They should be making good money. I wonder how much they pay Tebo when he wins races with his kyosho
Kyosho sells for that much in north america, the rest of the world has better prices, Kyosho USA (independent from Kyosho) is making all the green
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
Old 08-02-2010, 04:22 PM   #168
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
I dont understand what you are getting at... i never ONCE brought up punctuation or spelling or grammer....
The "dont be a fool, stay in school" wasn't a hint or a sly remark then? Its pretty much saying the same thing but in a harsher way!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:35 PM   #169
Tech Elite

Ooooooh. I get it now

No that is not what I meant, I guess it just wiled out like that. We were being lectured over where we hop- so I was throwing in the other sayings that are normal in a lecture

I see what you mean bow, but no, that is not what I meant
Old 08-02-2010, 04:39 PM   #170
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Ooooooh. I get it now

No that is not what I meant, I guess it just wiled out like that. We were being lectured over where we hop- so I was throwing in the other sayings that are normal in a lecture

I see what you mean bow, but no, that is not what I meant
Oh, ok. Sorry for the misunderstanding. If hookem was also in the same boat as you, then I apologize. I took it as more of an 'insulting his grammar on a forum' kinda post rather than the way you meant it!

No hard feelings!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:47 PM   #171

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

keep on track to the point of the kit... this going back and forth will be over or thread will be closed and infractions/time off will be given out to needed members.....

every company has it's price for a reason... if you dont like the price dont buy the thing.. if people dont buy the product... the price will come down... supply and demand will come into effect....

please keep on track and BE NICE TO EACH OTHER... thank you very much...
Jeremy Whiting - serpent america - desoto racing - apicco race engines - RcRenew - jconcepts - Rc Pro Products - ko propo eurus - ko propo servos - VP PowerMaster Fuels - Answer-rc usa - advantage racing products - Parma/pse bodies - serpent 811 2.1 - 811t
Old 08-02-2010, 05:03 PM   #172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Let's get this back on track.

Let me put this out there. Would you rather have a $900 kyosho or a $700 Durango 408?

From what has been leaked about the Durango, it would appear to be the superior product. The engineering in unique, it would appear to have all the "hop up" parts on it already (aluminum hubs, CF everything ect.) and it will have great support (A Main will carry all parts).

SO what would you rather have?
Old 08-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #173
Tech Elite

If i werent running Odonnell, Durango would be the way i would lean towards... i think they are truly innovative with their 10th scale products.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #174
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
Let's get this back on track.

Let me put this out there. Would you rather have a $900 kyosho or a $700 Durango 408?

From what has been leaked about the Durango, it would appear to be the superior product. The engineering in unique, it would appear to have all the "hop up" parts on it already (aluminum hubs, CF everything ect.) and it will have great support (A Main will carry all parts).

SO what would you rather have?
I looked at the parts for the Durango 10th scale buggies and they are priced great.

If the Durango 1/8th scale buggy has fair prices on parts then that would be all the difference in the world for that car....you hit the nail on the head, that car is German engineered. Might take a while to iron out any issues, but it will be a great car in my opinion....

To be fair the kyosho parts aren't that bad. Over the years they have gone down a bit.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #175
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to segui305

i would rather have a mugen and a losi.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #176
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I looked at the parts for the Durango 10th scale buggies and they are priced great.

If the Durango 1/8th scale buggy has fair prices on parts then that would be all the difference in the world for that car....you hit the nail on the head, that car is German engineered. Might take a while to iron out any issues, but it will be a great car in my opinion....

To be fair the kyosho parts aren't that bad. Over the years they have gone down a bit.

Kyosho PARTS arent bad... BUT.... i could buy a 1:1 car that i can sit in and drive for the price of the kit.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:23 PM   #177
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Kyosho PARTS arent bad... BUT.... i could buy a 1:1 car that i can sit in and drive for the price of the kit.
That goes for a lot of things in the RC world, unfortunately. I remember a couple of years ago when I was looking for the upgrade engine mount on the XRAY 808; a friend of mine who's a mechanic (real cars!) freaked out at the prices, because the engine mounts on a toy car cost as much as the engine mounts on a real car. Makes you wonder...
Old 08-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain america View Post
That goes for a lot of things in the RC world, unfortunately. I remember a couple of years ago when I was looking for the upgrade engine mount on the XRAY 808; a friend of mine who's a mechanic (real cars!) freaked out at the prices, because the engine mounts on a toy car cost as much as the engine mounts on a real car. Makes you wonder...
Wow...i never thought of that....lol.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #179
Tech Adept

Hahahahahahahahaha well that was unexpected, almost a whole page of it, oh well. To clarify I wasn't trying to lecture anyone just trying to nullify the whole point that excessively priced kits are killing the hobby, yes the TKI2 is expensive but that doesn't mean that its price is killing the hobby, or that it is any better or worse than any other kit on the market, newbies have a choice just like everyone else on how much they will pay to get into it. Yes it is priced higher than the TKI but look at the extras you get with it and start adding up the cost there, so if you break it down, kyosho have stripped away a few things so they can add in some parts that are beneficial to the racer.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #180
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

I dont really think of this as a hobby anymore. those of us who race know exactly how expensive it is to keep up, and the newbies/bashers are usually going to buy Traxxas or a something cheap anyway. Only when they catch the bug that most of us have will they even consider dropping $2000 on a race worthy vehicle. The idea that One company "thinks" their product is worth 40% more than everyone else's when the majority of us know this to be false is the main topic of conversation..How it got blown into grammer punctuation is something we should also expect from RC tech. The best case scenerio would be comparing Mercedes Benz to a ford..We obviously know the Mercedes is worth 5 times the ford and those of us who can afford one will buy it, But if Chevy comes out with a new luxury sedan and prices it like a Mercedes and tries to convince us its the same quality as the Mercedes..well there's a sucker born every minute