R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 12:22 AM   #151
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I guess pricing in the USA is a bit different then in other countries. In Germany, Netherlands and Belgium the TKI2 kit is cheaper then the original TKI.

TKI € 839,-
SE € 599,-
MP9E € 599,-
TKI2 € 799,-

other pricing..
D8 € 479,-
Mbx6 € 559,-
Xray € 549,-
Old 08-02-2010, 12:25 AM   #152
Tech Regular

andy hit the nail on the head with that one the drive train is bitchn on the mp9
Old 08-02-2010, 08:13 AM   #153
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
Amain shows it for $899..Thats why all the fuss...
Now thats CHEAP
Old 08-02-2010, 01:14 PM   #154
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
I guess pricing in the USA is a bit different then in other countries. In Germany, Netherlands and Belgium the TKI2 kit is cheaper then the original TKI.

TKI 839,-
SE 599,-
MP9E 599,-
TKI2 799,-

other pricing..
D8 479,-
Mbx6 559,-
Xray 549,-
WOW, give you some perspective, The D8 is $279 USD...
Old 08-02-2010, 02:41 PM   #155
Tech Adept

Hahaha this thread cracks me up, I run Kyosho and have no problem with the price, there is many reasons why people run certain brands and I feel the biggest reason is due to what is predominantly run at your local club and what is sold at your LHS, there is no point running a completelty different brand ( especially if you are a noob) than everyone else, a whole race day can be ruined due to a slight slip up and ending up with a breakage with no parts support no matter which brand you run, so if your club is predominantly one branded its gonna stay that way.
As far as the price goes and the whole ruining the hobby is concerned, the only ones to blame is yourselves, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL HOBBY STORE, stop looking for the cheapest price from some website on the other side of the world, I just picked up an MP9 TKI for cost price, why, because I support my local, not making money on a kit for the store is nothing to the money made on the parts, fuel, radio gear etc that I will continue to buy from my local, and the local stores are what entice noobs to join the hobby, they are a hub of knowledge without them the hobby is doomed.
So stop bitching about price and brands and who is going to win the worlds driving what because at the end of the day all the Pros supported their local thats how they got where they are now, why not do the same and put down that keyboard and mouse.
Old 08-02-2010, 02:49 PM   #156
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

edit

Last edited by Dlewis4; 08-02-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #157
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
Lol... Dont be a fool, stay in school.

(you forgot to add that)
Don't foget "Just say no to drugs"...and "You are what you eat".
Old 08-02-2010, 03:37 PM   #158
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
Don't foget "Just say no to drugs"...and "You are what you eat".
Its people like you that really put this hobby to shame!

Hookem, you really think your going to start your own hobby shop and offroad track with that mentality? Good luck!
Old 08-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #159
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestylinmotox View Post

Hookem, you really think your going to start your own hobby shop and offroad track with that mentality? Good luck!
Ouch...that is a very bold statement considering you and I have never met. It's people like you making knee jerk statements and forming opinions about others without facts that turn people off from the hobby.

Sorry you feel so negative about what/who you think I am or are cabable of.

I wish you the best in life!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:05 PM   #160
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

uncalled for dude.......
I am not sponsored, these are the products I chose to support.
Serpent SRX8, Sanwa M11s, Sanwa SRX-BX servos, Picco 5TB
Old 08-02-2010, 04:07 PM   #161
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookem34 View Post
Ouch...that is a very bold statement considering you and I have never met. It's people like you making knee jerk statements and forming opinions about others without facts that turn people off from the hobby.

Sorry you feel so negative about what/who you think I am or are cabable of.

I wish you the best in life!
You get nowhere in this hobby by insulting people which you did a couple posts previously. The guy made a good post with grammar errors. Did you happen to actually read it and understand what he said? He had some very good points and all you did was make fun of him because he had grammar mistakes rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Yes I agree that 900 dollars is WAYYY too much for a rc kit. Am I going to start a controversial thread on it? No.. But it crosses the line when you insult someone who had a very interesting post and didnt make a single harsh remark to either you or anyone else.

By the way, I wish the best for myself in this life too as its going quite well. Thankyou! I appreciate it!
Old 08-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #162
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

If kyosho selling there buggy for that much... They should be making good money. I wonder how much they pay Tebo when he wins races with his kyosho
Old 08-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #163
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
You get nowhere in this hobby by insulting people which you did a couple posts previously. The guy made a good post with grammar errors. Did you happen to actually read it and understand what he said? He had some very good points and all you did was make fun of him because he had grammar mistakes rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Yes I agree that 900 dollars is WAYYY too much for a rc kit. Am I going to start a controversial thread on it? No.. But it crosses the line when you insult someone who had a very interesting post and didnt make a single harsh remark to either you or anyone else.

By the way, I wish the best for myself in this life too as its going quite well. Thankyou! I appreciate it!
Actually, I beg to differ. If you read BC's post... he blames us "internet users" on the cost of the hobby....

I buy most of my stuff from here, as the closest shop is 3 hours away. Does that make me a bad RC Hobbiest? I dont think so. I dont have a problem with supporting my local hobby shop. But, if i can save 300 bux on a car kit or a complete order, I am going to do that.

If you have the money to do that, go right ahead. But when it comes to big orders, i will most likely do it online, as the markup will be a lot less, theirfor bringing the total bill considerably lower.

Hookem did not make a harsh remark. Basically, BC was lecturing us, so i threw in the "Stay in School" comment. Not a harsh comment.

Good luck to you. I will continue to shop wherever I may...
Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 PM   #164
Tech Master

Quote:

My comment was not a raction to his grammar or spelling errors...I just thought it was a bit preachey (spelling?). That's all.

But thanks for putting yourself out there. You might be wound a little to tight this afternoon. No hard feelings. Glad to hear things are also going well for you this year.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:15 PM   #165
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
Actually, I beg to differ. If you read BC's post... he blames us "internet users" on the cost of the hobby....

I buy most of my stuff from here, as the closest shop is 3 hours away. Does that make me a bad RC Hobbiest? I dont think so. I dont have a problem with supporting my local hobby shop. But, if i can save 300 bux on a car kit or a complete order, I am going to do that.

If you have the money to do that, go right ahead. But when it comes to big orders, i will most likely do it online, as the markup will be a lot less, theirfor bringing the total bill considerably lower.

Hookem did not make a harsh remark. Basically, BC was lecturing us, so i threw in the "Stay in School" comment. Not a harsh comment.

Good luck to you. I will continue to shop wherever I may...
Yes he could've had some periods here and there, but you don't necessarily have to insult him on a forum because of it!

I do get what your saying...but in my opinion hookem took it a little too far.

Last edited by freestylinmotox; 08-02-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Closed Thread