R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-29-2010, 09:38 AM   #46
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

You arent messing with me at all... you are only hurting yourself and your credibility the more you type on this forum every day.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #47
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
You arent messing with me at all... you are only hurting yourself and your credibility the more you type on this forum every day.

im only hurting my self your acting like you know me or something.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:02 AM   #48
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Why dont we get back on the topic.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:09 AM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
heres the thing though about... when your racing with fast guys in the pro class sure you can follow, there lanes and steer into the corner. when they do

but what you dont know, is how they hit the jump and how throttle they are using on the track.

just like in nascar when, the cup guys race in the busch series i dont see many of the guys getting any better when they are killing them on the track.
Racing with the fast guys will help you!! You will be able to see there lines, how fast to go through the corners, when to brake, when not to brake. But if you are in over your head with guys a lot faster than you and always trying to stay out of their way-then you will not enjoy your track time. Race the sportsman class and have FUN, if you end up being faster than the other sportsman guys-great. You could always bump up, at the psycho nitro blast this year they did a reshuffle after rd1 and they guys in sport than would have placed 30 or higher was bumped to pro. Same thing happened to me last year at my first rc pro event, I signed up for sport, then after the quals I got bumped to open.
You could always race sport and open for the extra track time, I know a few who did this at the AMS and they all finished better in the open class. We were thinking of making the drive to LA for this event, but I will have to see how work goes, also is getting close to rc pro finals in Texas.
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #50
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
Racing with the fast guys will help you!! You will be able to see there lines, how fast to go through the corners, when to brake, when not to brake. But if you are in over your head with guys a lot faster than you and always trying to stay out of their way-then you will not enjoy your track time. Race the sportsman class and have FUN, if you end up being faster than the other sportsman guys-great. You could always bump up, at the psycho nitro blast this year they did a reshuffle after rd1 and they guys in sport than would have placed 30 or higher was bumped to pro. Same thing happened to me last year at my first rc pro event, I signed up for sport, then after the quals I got bumped to open.
You could always race sport and open for the extra track time, I know a few who did this at the AMS and they all finished better in the open class. We were thinking of making the drive to LA for this event, but I will have to see how work goes, also is getting close to rc pro finals in Texas.

yea im having fun in the.. sportsman class and i dont race every weekend so its a win win for me.

i do watch the guys who, are in the open class race i try my best to watch where they brake etc.

but its two diffrent things, when your watching them and than going on the drivers stand.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:46 AM   #51
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I think splitting the classes has more to do with allowing the slower guys the opportunity to win prizes, trophies and titles...... If you don't split the classes then us normal guys would never have the opportunity to win anything..... The truth is that qualifying will separate the skill levels of the drivers anyways...having different classes is more of a formality IMO .... It sounds alot better to be Sportsmen A-Main winner then it does to say winner of the F-Main ...........
Old 07-29-2010, 10:48 AM   #52
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to scoopdaloop

Quote:
yea im having fun in the.. sportsman class and i dont race every weekend so its a win win for me.

i do watch the guys who, are in the open class race i try my best to watch where they brake etc.

but its two diffrent things, when your watching them and than going on the drivers stand.
Ok boss, few things to consider. I normally could care less about correct grammar however, you're typing is especially agonizing. When using a comma you're seperating two independent claues. Every comma that you have used in this thread has been unnecessary. Speaking for myself here, I can't take one word you say seriously because you butcher the English language. Take one bit of pride in your posts and you won't be having these problems with everyone making fun of you.

AE B4.2/Tekin RS Pro/D3.5
I'm a tech nerd, watch out son.
scoopdaloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:57 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoopdaloop View Post
Ok boss, few things to consider. I normally could care less about correct grammar however, you're typing is especially agonizing. When using a comma you're seperating two independent claues. Every comma that you have used in this thread has been unnecessary. Speaking for myself here, I can't take one word you say seriously because you butcher the English language. Take one bit of pride in your posts and you won't be having these problems with everyone making fun of you.
Thank you.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #54
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
I think splitting the classes has more to do with allowing the slower guys the opportunity to win prizes, trophies and titles...... If you don't split the classes then us normal guys would never have the opportunity to win anything..... The truth is that qualifying will separate the skill levels of the drivers anyways...having different classes is more of a formality IMO .... It sounds alot better to be Sportsmen A-Main winner then it does to say winner of the F-Main ...........

thats a good point .
Old 07-29-2010, 11:24 AM   #55
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
well i think the main reason, why me and others dont want to run all in one class at club races, is because all these wicked fast mod engines that guys in the pros class run.
If you think the mod engines are what's getting them the win you have a LOT to learn. That's all I'll say...
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:27 AM   #56
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
If you think the mod engines are what's getting them the win you have a LOT to learn. That's all I'll say...

no i know that the engines they run.. dont make them win races but i know its got to help a bit more.

but yea driving does have a lot to do with it.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #57
Tech Elite

It's all driving... Jared tebo could take an 1/8th buggy with a .12 engine and beat us all.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:30 AM   #58
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
no i know that the engines they run.. dont make them win races but i know its got to help a bit more.

but yea driving does have a lot to do with it.
Like I said... A LOT to learn.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:32 AM   #59
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
It's all driving... Jared tebo could take an 1/8th buggy with a .12 engine and beat us all.

well he is a pro driver and proberty.. has all the hop ups thats not sold to the public ethier.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:34 AM   #60
Tech Elite

Hop ups dont make a driver a better driver.......

That being said.. I can go buy EVERYTHING Adam Drake runs off the shelf... and still be a crappy driver. I have a heavily modded speed motor... but you know what? I drive just as fast with my Odonnell engine.