R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-29-2010, 07:13 AM   #31
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
I did not pay much attention in english class, but I'm pretty sure you use your commas in the wrong places half the time. sorry I noticed it a lot in your other posts and thought I would bring it up while they are talking about how you type.

hey nobody is perfect at everything.

now when im racing i, always feel like i have to change something lol.
even if im running, in 2nd place there is something i want to mess.

with to make the handling better lol.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:16 AM   #32
Tech Elite

I like running all in one class. I think people that do not like one class is scared to lose. They are scared to see where they really stand. I like to know where I stand against the best people in the world.

But at club races a beginner class is a good idea.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:19 AM   #33
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
I like running all in one class. I think people that do not like one class is scared to lose. They are scared to see where they really stand. I like to know where I stand against the best people in the world.

But at club races a beginner class is a good idea.

well i think the main reason, why me and others dont want to run all in one class at club races, is because all these wicked fast mod engines that guys in the pros class run.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

if i have done nothing but sportsman for about 6 or 7 races, should i go in the open class or sportsman class?? This is a very big race, 350 people is the limit with very few spots left. If i go open there is a very big possibility i drop down to the D main. In the sportsman there is a good chance i make the A or B main.

Where i place does not matter to me as much as how fun the race is. And it's alot easier/better to run with better drivers. I raced in expert once, and it was the best driving i have ever done.

Southern nationals is the race btw.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:57 AM   #35
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
if i have done nothing but sportsman for about 6 or 7 races, should i go in the open class or sportsman class?? This is a very big race, 350 people is the limit with very few spots left. If i go open there is a very big possibility i drop down to the D main. In the sportsman there is a good chance i make the A or B main.

Where i place does not matter to me as much as how fun the race is. And it's alot easier/better to run with better drivers. I raced in expert once, and it was the best driving i have ever done.

Old 07-29-2010, 08:00 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:

Race the class you are comfortable racing. Make sure you have FUN, also remember that events like that typically have large agressive tracks that are harder on your equipment thus leading to dnf's. I would reccomend sportsman if you have never been to an event such as this.
shady3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:59 AM   #37
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
well i think the main reason, why me and others dont want to run all in one class at club races, is because all these wicked fast mod engines that guys in the pros class run.

Motor's make VERY little difference in the Large scheme of thing's....A lot of Pro driver's run Bone stock motor's and Kick butt with them...Its all about the Tune and the Driver...not So much the motor/vehicle.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:09 AM   #38
Tech Prophet

Quote:

heres the thing though about... when your racing with fast guys in the pro class sure you can follow, there lanes and steer into the corner. when they do

but what you dont know, is how they hit the jump and how throttle they are using on the track.

just like in nascar when, the cup guys race in the busch series i dont see many of the guys getting any better when they are killing them on the track.

Last edited by tc5 man; 07-29-2010 at 09:23 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:13 AM   #39
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quad Racer 34 View Post
I did not pay much attention in english class, but I'm pretty sure you use your commas in the wrong places half the time. sorry I noticed it a lot in your other posts and thought I would bring it up while they are talking about how you type.

Lol, another one notices... awesome.

From what I was told when i first started running PRO Series races, when you start the season in intermediate, they will move you up in the season if they feel you need to be moved up. Otherwise, you must finish out the season in what you started.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:16 AM   #40
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Motor's make VERY little difference in the Large scheme of thing's....A lot of Pro driver's run Bone stock motor's and Kick butt with them...Its all about the Tune and the Driver...not So much the motor/vehicle.
U mean those pro guys don't have hybrid supermod engines ? Get outta town!!

They pretty much run stock , engines today are plenty good out of the box , some tuner/modders canenhance those out of the box attributes of the engines without effecting any one point in the engines powerband in particularly and others can't.

Pro , sponsored super fast
Open , your local average fast guy
Sportsman , well this is some loose terminoligy right here , a true "sportsman" would step up to the next class if they kept winning right? We have sandbaggers aroundhere also
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:19 AM   #41
Tech Prophet

Quote:

there not pro guys at my track i meant in the open class my fault.

i know there is a big diffrence.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:22 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
there not pro guys at my track i meant in the open class my fault.

i know there is a big diffrence.
I am pretty sure Houston of all people... would know about engines....
Old 07-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #43
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
I am pretty sure Houston of all people... would know about engines....

no really .
Old 07-29-2010, 09:27 AM   #44
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
no really .

Just Stop man....Your Digging yourself a grave that you will NEVER be able to get out of.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:37 AM   #45
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Just Stop man....Your Digging yourself a grave that you will NEVER be able to get out of.

im just messing with him.