Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight) >

Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight)

Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight)

Old 07-28-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight)

Has anybody tried this flywheel in a 8ight? I was looking on Answer-RC and saw it. It caught my eye because of the deep ridges for better contact with starter box. Any comments on this fly wheel? Would it be direct replacement for my stock flywheel? Thanks!

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=97
Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9
Has anybody tried this flywheel in a 8ight? I was looking on Answer-RC and saw it. It caught my eye because of the deep ridges for better contact with starter box. Any comments on this fly wheel? Would it be direct replacement for my stock flywheel? Thanks!

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=97
That is the flywheel that I use on my 8ight T 2.0 provides more contact patch to the starter box as well assists in keeping the shoes cooler due to the larger offset from the base than that of the stock losi flywheel.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Prophet

its a good flywheel and its wider, than the stock eight flywheel which is a big plus when your engine is tight !

i would remmend the, answer clutch pins for the eight they are slotted so there pretty hard, to strip and fit perfect with this flywheel.

it makes the your clutch run cooler ? i havnt noticed it on my
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

I would just get the Losi steel flywheel. It has smoother acceleration and better idle than the 2.0 aluminum one, and it doesn't wear out where the springs hit the flywheel. The ridges are fine, no problems breaking in any motors but if you have problems use a dremel and make a few 'cuts' on the flywheel.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
its a good flywheel and its wider, than the stock eight flywheel which is a big plus when your engine is tight !

i would remmend the, answer clutch pins for the eight they are slotted so there pretty hard, to strip and fit perfect with this flywheel.

it makes the your clutch run cooler ? i havnt noticed it on my
OMG...not again.....
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
OMG...not again.....

dude are you in love with me or something ?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
I would just get the Losi steel flywheel. It has smoother acceleration and better idle than the 2.0 aluminum one, and it doesn't wear out where the springs hit the flywheel. The ridges are fine, no problems breaking in any motors but if you have problems use a dremel and make a few 'cuts' on the flywheel.

does the steel flywheel work good on a truggy ?

or does the aluminum one work better on a truggy ?
Old 07-28-2010, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

does the steel flywheel work good on a truggy ?

or does the aluminum one work better on a truggy ?
In buggy I think it is a necessity, but in truggy its more of a tuning option along with clutch setup to get the punch you want. I use it because the extra weight feels better on the track and that I don't have to replace flywheels anymore, but if you have a low-power engine you will want to stick with the 2.0 aluminum flywheel. It's a little heavier than the skinny 1.0 flywheel.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

dude are you in love with me or something ?
I am in love wth you're lack of grasp of the English language.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Prophet

In buggy I think it is a necessity, but in truggy its more of a tuning option along with clutch setup to get the punch you want. I use it because the extra weight feels better on the track and that I don't have to replace flywheels anymore, but if you have a low-power engine you will want to stick with the 2.0 aluminum flywheel. It's a little heavier than the skinny 1.0 flywheel.

yea im running a rb s5 engine... on my truggy so it doesnt have a lot of punch but than again, maybe its because it isnt over one gallon yet.

i have a eight-t 1.0 by the way.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

yea im running a rb s5 engine... on my truggy so it doesnt have a lot of punch but than again, maybe its because it isnt over one gallon yet.

i have a eight-t 1.0 by the way.
The 1.0 has different gearing than the 2.0, the 1.0 has less acceleration. The S5 is a very old 'sport' engine, not a lot of low end, top end, or fuel efficiency, so I would go with the Losi 2.0 kit (wide aluminum) flywheel.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM
Tech Prophet

The 1.0 has different gearing than the 2.0, the 1.0 has less acceleration. The S5 is a very old 'sport' engine, not a lot of low end, top end, or fuel efficiency, so I would go with the Losi 2.0 kit (wide aluminum) flywheel.

its a rb hobby 9 (s5) actually, the fuel milage isnt bad maybe they improved the new ones not sure ? the top end isnt too if you ask me.

i know i can get more low end out of it.

im getting about 8 minutes of run time before i have to refill.

but this is with a 8mm restricter on the carb.