R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2010, 12:38 PM   #1
Tech Regular
 
jeff_ellis_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grover, NC
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight)

Has anybody tried this flywheel in a 8ight? I was looking on Answer-RC and saw it. It caught my eye because of the deep ridges for better contact with starter box. Any comments on this fly wheel? Would it be direct replacement for my stock flywheel? Thanks!

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=97
__________________
Team Losi Buggy
GO Tech 5 port RB Mods
AKA
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
Tech Regular
 
rookie042's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Oregon
Posts: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post
Has anybody tried this flywheel in a 8ight? I was looking on Answer-RC and saw it. It caught my eye because of the deep ridges for better contact with starter box. Any comments on this fly wheel? Would it be direct replacement for my stock flywheel? Thanks!

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=97
That is the flywheel that I use on my 8ight T 2.0 provides more contact patch to the starter box as well assists in keeping the shoes cooler due to the larger offset from the base than that of the stock losi flywheel.
rookie042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

its a good flywheel and its wider, than the stock eight flywheel which is a big plus when your engine is tight !

i would remmend the, answer clutch pins for the eight they are slotted so there pretty hard, to strip and fit perfect with this flywheel.

it makes the your clutch run cooler ? i havnt noticed it on my
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Tech Master
 
8ight-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I would just get the Losi steel flywheel. It has smoother acceleration and better idle than the 2.0 aluminum one, and it doesn't wear out where the springs hit the flywheel. The ridges are fine, no problems breaking in any motors but if you have problems use a dremel and make a few 'cuts' on the flywheel.
__________________
Palm Desert R/C Raceway - www.palmdesertrcraceway.com

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:01 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
its a good flywheel and its wider, than the stock eight flywheel which is a big plus when your engine is tight !

i would remmend the, answer clutch pins for the eight they are slotted so there pretty hard, to strip and fit perfect with this flywheel.

it makes the your clutch run cooler ? i havnt noticed it on my
OMG...not again.....
__________________
Why is this hobby so full of drama? Its toy cars....
Dlewis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #6
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
OMG...not again.....

dude are you in love with me or something ?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:08 PM   #7
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
I would just get the Losi steel flywheel. It has smoother acceleration and better idle than the 2.0 aluminum one, and it doesn't wear out where the springs hit the flywheel. The ridges are fine, no problems breaking in any motors but if you have problems use a dremel and make a few 'cuts' on the flywheel.


does the steel flywheel work good on a truggy ?

or does the aluminum one work better on a truggy ?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
8ight-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
does the steel flywheel work good on a truggy ?

or does the aluminum one work better on a truggy ?
In buggy I think it is a necessity, but in truggy its more of a tuning option along with clutch setup to get the punch you want. I use it because the extra weight feels better on the track and that I don't have to replace flywheels anymore, but if you have a low-power engine you will want to stick with the 2.0 aluminum flywheel. It's a little heavier than the skinny 1.0 flywheel.
__________________
Palm Desert R/C Raceway - www.palmdesertrcraceway.com

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:30 PM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
dude are you in love with me or something ?
I am in love wth you're lack of grasp of the English language.
__________________
Why is this hobby so full of drama? Its toy cars....
Dlewis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 PM   #10
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
In buggy I think it is a necessity, but in truggy its more of a tuning option along with clutch setup to get the punch you want. I use it because the extra weight feels better on the track and that I don't have to replace flywheels anymore, but if you have a low-power engine you will want to stick with the 2.0 aluminum flywheel. It's a little heavier than the skinny 1.0 flywheel.



yea im running a rb s5 engine... on my truggy so it doesnt have a lot of punch but than again, maybe its because it isnt over one gallon yet.

i have a eight-t 1.0 by the way.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:52 PM   #11
Tech Master
 
8ight-racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: San Luis Obispo, CA
Posts: 1,087
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
yea im running a rb s5 engine... on my truggy so it doesnt have a lot of punch but than again, maybe its because it isnt over one gallon yet.

i have a eight-t 1.0 by the way.
The 1.0 has different gearing than the 2.0, the 1.0 has less acceleration. The S5 is a very old 'sport' engine, not a lot of low end, top end, or fuel efficiency, so I would go with the Losi 2.0 kit (wide aluminum) flywheel.
__________________
Palm Desert R/C Raceway - www.palmdesertrcraceway.com

JQ Products, Pro-Line, TKO, Buku, Werks Fuel, Savox, A Main Hobbies, and Uncle Don's Hobbies
8ight-racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #12
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-racer View Post
The 1.0 has different gearing than the 2.0, the 1.0 has less acceleration. The S5 is a very old 'sport' engine, not a lot of low end, top end, or fuel efficiency, so I would go with the Losi 2.0 kit (wide aluminum) flywheel.



its a rb hobby 9 (s5) actually, the fuel milage isnt bad maybe they improved the new ones not sure ? the top end isnt too if you ask me.

i know i can get more low end out of it.

im getting about 8 minutes of run time before i have to refill.

but this is with a 8mm restricter on the carb.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:20 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net