R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/420824-answer-rc-flywheel-losi-8ight.html)

jeff_ellis_9 07-28-2010 12:38 PM

Answer-RC flywheel (losi 8ight)

Has anybody tried this flywheel in a 8ight? I was looking on Answer-RC and saw it. It caught my eye because of the deep ridges for better contact with starter box. Any comments on this fly wheel? Would it be direct replacement for my stock flywheel? Thanks!

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=97

rookie042 07-28-2010 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 (Post 7731287)
Has anybody tried this flywheel in a 8ight? I was looking on Answer-RC and saw it. It caught my eye because of the deep ridges for better contact with starter box. Any comments on this fly wheel? Would it be direct replacement for my stock flywheel? Thanks!

http://answer-rcusa.com/zencart/inde...products_id=97

That is the flywheel that I use on my 8ight T 2.0 provides more contact patch to the starter box as well assists in keeping the shoes cooler due to the larger offset from the base than that of the stock losi flywheel.

tc5 man 07-28-2010 12:53 PM

its a good flywheel and its wider, than the stock eight flywheel which is a big plus when your engine is tight !

i would remmend the, answer clutch pins for the eight they are slotted so there pretty hard, to strip and fit perfect with this flywheel.

it makes the your clutch run cooler ? i havnt noticed it on my

8ight-racer 07-28-2010 12:59 PM

I would just get the Losi steel flywheel. It has smoother acceleration and better idle than the 2.0 aluminum one, and it doesn't wear out where the springs hit the flywheel. The ridges are fine, no problems breaking in any motors but if you have problems use a dremel and make a few 'cuts' on the flywheel.

Dlewis4 07-28-2010 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by tc5 man (Post 7731342)
its a good flywheel and its wider, than the stock eight flywheel which is a big plus when your engine is tight !

i would remmend the, answer clutch pins for the eight they are slotted so there pretty hard, to strip and fit perfect with this flywheel.

it makes the your clutch run cooler ? i havnt noticed it on my

OMG...not again.....:lol:

tc5 man 07-28-2010 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Dlewis4 (Post 7731371)
OMG...not again.....:lol:

dude are you in love with me or something ?

tc5 man 07-28-2010 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer (Post 7731365)
I would just get the Losi steel flywheel. It has smoother acceleration and better idle than the 2.0 aluminum one, and it doesn't wear out where the springs hit the flywheel. The ridges are fine, no problems breaking in any motors but if you have problems use a dremel and make a few 'cuts' on the flywheel.

does the steel flywheel work good on a truggy ?

or does the aluminum one work better on a truggy ?

8ight-racer 07-28-2010 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by tc5 man (Post 7731399)
does the steel flywheel work good on a truggy ?

or does the aluminum one work better on a truggy ?

In buggy I think it is a necessity, but in truggy its more of a tuning option along with clutch setup to get the punch you want. I use it because the extra weight feels better on the track and that I don't have to replace flywheels anymore, but if you have a low-power engine you will want to stick with the 2.0 aluminum flywheel. It's a little heavier than the skinny 1.0 flywheel.

Dlewis4 07-28-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by tc5 man (Post 7731394)
dude are you in love with me or something ?

I am in love wth you're lack of grasp of the English language.

tc5 man 07-28-2010 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer (Post 7731410)
In buggy I think it is a necessity, but in truggy its more of a tuning option along with clutch setup to get the punch you want. I use it because the extra weight feels better on the track and that I don't have to replace flywheels anymore, but if you have a low-power engine you will want to stick with the 2.0 aluminum flywheel. It's a little heavier than the skinny 1.0 flywheel.

yea im running a rb s5 engine... on my truggy so it doesnt have a lot of punch but than again, maybe its because it isnt over one gallon yet.

i have a eight-t 1.0 by the way.

8ight-racer 07-28-2010 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by tc5 man (Post 7731486)
yea im running a rb s5 engine... on my truggy so it doesnt have a lot of punch but than again, maybe its because it isnt over one gallon yet.

i have a eight-t 1.0 by the way.

The 1.0 has different gearing than the 2.0, the 1.0 has less acceleration. The S5 is a very old 'sport' engine, not a lot of low end, top end, or fuel efficiency, so I would go with the Losi 2.0 kit (wide aluminum) flywheel.

tc5 man 07-28-2010 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer (Post 7731533)
The 1.0 has different gearing than the 2.0, the 1.0 has less acceleration. The S5 is a very old 'sport' engine, not a lot of low end, top end, or fuel efficiency, so I would go with the Losi 2.0 kit (wide aluminum) flywheel.

its a rb hobby 9 (s5) actually, the fuel milage isnt bad maybe they improved the new ones not sure ? the top end isnt too if you ask me.

i know i can get more low end out of it.

im getting about 8 minutes of run time before i have to refill.

but this is with a 8mm restricter on the carb.