Like Tree2Likes

JQ Products - THE Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by thorns
Either through the above website, or you can try messaging him on here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/members/grizz1.html

He's the man when it comes to anything GO related.

Or email address: [email protected]
Thanks, thorns. I'll message him right now about the muffler.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 8ight-racer
Yes, the clutch is really good. Shoes last about 2-3 gallons depending on springs and you won't have any problems with installing the shoes.

As for the JQ oils, they aren't out yet and I wouldn't hold your breath waiting to build your kit because of the oils. Might want to get Losi 35 and 40wt shock oil, and another brand's 3k, 5k, and 7k diff oil.
So the JQ oils we won't be seeing anytime soon? Oh well. I checked my DNX408 box and discovered it wasn't 5000 for the cent diff, it was 70000 for the front and cent! Not 7,000, it was 70,000! The rear was 20,000! Wow, should I go up by x10? Or will the ones I originally planned be fine?
Old 09-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Anybody have an idea when a-main wil get another batch of the 41 tooth overdrive ringgear in?
Old 09-07-2011, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Wild Thing

Basically the car was very taily (due to the intial turn in generated by the the hubs. We also suffered some loss of drive out the corners

Aaron thought the car was faster but required you to be perfect at every corner, so this set up might be ok for qualifying but would be to hard to drive consistently over a longer race.

Id have to say that Aaron doesnt look as fast in that vid as he normally does.
I might steer clear (pardon the pun) of the 12 hubs then, last thing I need is to be more taily!!
Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

while waiting for the newer rods, a spanish driver suggests to use shorter screws, say 4x8mm or 4x6mm, instead of the 4x10 mm screws to secure the servosaver rods in the kits, this way the rodshafts can flex a fraction more on impact
and will likely break less easy

Last edited by speedy2; 09-07-2011 at 05:36 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Beddo
Id have to say that Aaron doesnt look as fast in that vid as he normally does.
I might steer clear (pardon the pun) of the 12 hubs then, last thing I need is to be more taily!!
Yes it does look that way......... however, lap times were fairly close to his best.

The track was very patchy that day there was quite few wet corners where the grip was over the top to (most) corners where there was none because of the recent rain.

But yes overall the car didn't look its usual rock solid self. Still thats what testing is about and after testing both the standard bubs (16 deree) and the 12 degree hubs we beleive the 14 degree hubs would be the the ducks guts!!!

Cheers

Mark
Old 09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

The oils in the Durango kits were misprinted. There was a zero too many on it.
2k in the front and 7k in the rear will have you do donuts with THECar all day. Vice versa makes way more sense, so it was most likely a mixup when he called the oils. Just get some Ultimate oils and you should be fine in terms of comparable digits on THE Setup-Page's sheets.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

2 complete JQ's and $800+ in spare parts for sale. $600 for the lot is a smokin deal. Check out my for sale thread
Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mark

what is the reason you go higher on antisquat insert +1
on the overdrive set-up page ?
Old 09-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (57%+)

Got a JQ car roller with 1 tank (yes 1 tank) of fuel thru it

bought a losi truggy/buggy of a friend and running them now

comes with de skids/bumper
m2c hingpins in package

literally like brand new, was bought/built 1 week ago

$280 and i will cover shipping

see my for sale ad or pm me

can send pics to any1 interested
Old 09-08-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does the Ofna blue truggy box work with THE Car?
Am using the GO box at the moment, but cant use any alignment pegs as the way the pegs are mounted, it lifts the buggy to high to make contact with the flywheel. I can start it, but TBH its a pain in the ass having to line it up manually every time.

Any other common boxes that anyone can reccomend?
Old 09-09-2011, 12:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Am using the GO box at the moment, but cant use any alignment pegs as the way the pegs are mounted, it lifts the buggy to high to make contact with the flywheel. I can start it, but TBH its a pain in the ass having to line it up manually every time.

i'm using the GO starter box with no problems, just take your time lining it up with the motor out of the buggy & also mark the chassis were the high point of the flywheel is
Old 09-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Tech Adept

You could get a DuraTrax starterbox. They're pretty good. If you don't have LiPos for them, you'll need at least 7-cell batteries. 9-cells are best. All I need is two more 9-cells and my cars will be easier to turn over from the power. You could just remove the pegs, take out the engine, line up the chassis with the starting wheel, get a sharpie and draw the placement of the chassis. Essentially outlining it on four sides. It'll make it a lot easier to line it up. Just need to line it up with the lines you drew and it should make it a lot easier to start.

And I'm not getting MY Car until tuesday
Old 09-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mervyn
The oils in the Durango kits were misprinted. There was a zero too many on it.
2k in the front and 7k in the rear will have you do donuts with THECar all day. Vice versa makes way more sense, so it was most likely a mixup when he called the oils. Just get some Ultimate oils and you should be fine in terms of comparable digits on THE Setup-Page's sheets.
Ultimate Oils? Could you give me a link to that?
Old 09-09-2011, 02:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by speedy2
Mark

what is the reason you go higher on antisquat insert +1
on the overdrive set-up page ?
Hey Speedy

We have been playing around a bit with the anti-squat since putting in the overdrive.

It seems to suit the way overdrive works. Once again it was more a feel thing for us than anything else.

Cheers

Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.