R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-26-2010, 07:50 PM   #1
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default Few tuning questions... losi 8ight-t 1.0

so what real difference is there btw the short and long ackerman on the losi 8ight-t 1.0?

I need to get some more steering out of her.. both on and off power. Anyone have some tuning thoughts.. started w/ one of the posted setups .. drakes I think.
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:27 PM   #2
Tech Prophet

well from trying out both steering racks, on the eight the short rack has a faster reaction and you will lose some on power steering. which can cause a push when your, on the throttle coming out of turns if you want to use it i do remmend having, the bump steering down for smoothness and it slows it down.

the long rack will give you more off power steering and its smoother and more forgiveing .

try the mike trute setup for, the eight-t 1.0 im using it now but im gone to change it because it wasnt the greatest for my track.

that setup will defielty, give you more steering but its not too good on a rough rutty track.

Last edited by tc5 man; 07-26-2010 at 08:41 PM.
tc5 man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Common overlooked item on steering is the servo saver. Factory settings are almost always too weak. Crank down on it until you get the steering feel you are after. Just be aware of your servos limilts...
Futaba 3PM-MX, Hitec and JR digi's
VP-Pro tires
ScroggJL21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
so what real difference is there btw the short and long ackerman on the losi 8ight-t 1.0?

I need to get some more steering out of her.. both on and off power. Anyone have some tuning thoughts.. started w/ one of the posted setups .. drakes I think.
Don't worry about using Drake's or Truhe's or any of the other factory drivers setups. They are for hard hard packed blue groove track conditions which will give you lots of steering with the out of the box setup. You are better off with the long ackermann to keep the steering smooth and just go up on spring rate on the rear and down on spring rate on the front and adjust the oil weights accordingly. That will dial in alot more steering. The losi 1.0T is setup out of the box as a "point and shoot" truggy, you have to carry alot of speed into the corner and brake check the back of the truck around and gas it out of the corner.

Mugen MBX6R/Airtronics M11X/Ninja Engines/Sidewinder Fuel/EB Mods
Slider30250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #5
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slider30250 View Post
Don't worry about using Drake's or Truhe's or any of the other factory drivers setups. They are for hard hard packed blue groove track conditions which will give you lots of steering with the out of the box setup. You are better off with the long ackermann to keep the steering smooth and just go up on spring rate on the rear and down on spring rate on the front and adjust the oil weights accordingly. That will dial in alot more steering. The losi 1.0T is setup out of the box as a "point and shoot" truggy, you have to carry alot of speed into the corner and brake check the back of the truck around and gas it out of the corner.

you are right about that you have.... to carry a lot of speed into the corner with the eight 1.0 t . i realized it when i tried to hit the brake before the turn and than let it roll, and steer into the corner and it seemed like i hit a wall or something lol.

and thats with the mike truhe setup, so it likes to carry a lot of speed into the corner and doesnt, like the blipping of the throttle too much.

but try slider30250 setup .
Old 07-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

My 8b 1.0 can turn on a dime, I just wish I was able to get my 8t 1.0 to do the same.. like you all noted you do have to carry speed and use the brakes to 'swing' through a turn if you want to keep it tight. The bad part is when it starts to rut up on the track, its hard and off throttle just turning there is just way too much push for me right now. I think it maybe time for some different tires too.. at this point I can't get any faster w/ my current setup and I need to shred another second off my lap times.
8ight-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:46 PM   #7
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ight-e View Post
My 8b 1.0 can turn on a dime, I just wish I was able to get my 8t 1.0 to do the same.. like you all noted you do have to carry speed and use the brakes to 'swing' through a turn if you want to keep it tight. The bad part is when it starts to rut up on the track, its hard and off throttle just turning there is just way too much push for me right now. I think it maybe time for some different tires too.. at this point I can't get any faster w/ my current setup and I need to shred another second off my lap times.

you are right about the, eight 1.0 buggy it does turn on a dime with a good setup . i was running my eight 1.0... last year and loved but also that is a buggy way diffrent.

since your running on a rutty track, like me that mike trute setup isnt too good on the kind of suface .

try aka city blocks soft , all around and pm slider30250 on here and he will give you a better setup that he gave me.