Wiki Posts
Search

why is my rear diff making a weird noise

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
I know you were kidding, it was just fun chatter. Hey, you coming out this Saturday?
hell yea, i cant wait for this wed and Saturday. i couldn't go this weekend bc it was my g/f bday weekend so i couldn't go but forsure ill be here this weekend, even with a fuked up pinion and ring.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Haha

Originally Posted by dishsoap
Wow great language and we wonder why there are very little sponsored drivers that come onto to this site to give a helping hand.

I dont blame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R u going to wash his mouth out with Dishsoap??????

I understand what ur saying, but it's not so bad. I've enjoyed helping people, and others helping me. One bad word won't hurt us. It doesn't make it right, just not enough to get all upset......
Old 08-01-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by segui305
hell yea, i cant wait for this wed and Saturday. i couldn't go this weekend bc it was my g/f bday weekend so i couldn't go but forsure ill be here this weekend, even with a fuked up pinion and ring.
If I were single, and my girlfriend's bday conflicted with a race day I would get another girlfriend. Just kidding of course, take care of what takes care of you!

Bring your race face because Alfredo is cleaning house in Sportsman every week. Someone has to give that a run for his money.

I won't be there on Wednesday, but talk to Gil if he is there. He has a small black trailer with Losi logos on it. If he isn't there, ask Bart "the guy who runs the races most of the time" to point you in the direction of a knowledgeable Losi guy. Actually, Bart maybe able to help too because he use to run Losi and knows the car very well. Hopefully you can get it sorted out on Wednesday night.

Hope to see you on Saturday? BTW, what is your name?
Old 08-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by petevette
If I were single, and my girlfriend's bday conflicted with a race day I would get another girlfriend. Just kidding of course, take care of what takes care of you!

Bring your race face because Alfredo is cleaning house in Sportsman every week. Someone has to give that a run for his money.

I won't be there on Wednesday, but talk to Gil if he is there. He has a small black trailer with Losi logos on it. If he isn't there, ask Bart "the guy who runs the races most of the time" to point you in the direction of a knowledgeable Losi guy. Actually, Bart maybe able to help too because he use to run Losi and knows the car very well. Hopefully you can get it sorted out on Wednesday night.

Hope to see you on Saturday? BTW, what is your name?
steven segui, i have a white honda accord. i have a orange and yellow shell losi body, im basically the only losi driver there. yea i heard about alfredo, kid is doing good, he has only started driving for couple of months. that's pretty impressive. whats ur name???
Old 08-02-2010, 06:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Pete Caballero. I will be there Saturday night with a blue, orange and white bulldog lid.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking racing

Isn't this a G rated show??

Hmm. If the diff is out of the car, hold the diff gear (center of diff) and move the out drives back and forth. The opposite one should move basically at the same time. If you notice there is say a 2 hour difference in movement, then I would say you diff gears are in need or replacement.

There is some movement in this process, but, not a lot.

Check the teeth on the outside of the diff. Do any look like they are really warn?? Shinny, but, chipped. smooth and not rough..

Give that a look see.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (85%+)

Originally Posted by segui305
im kinda new to this but what are shims???
I'm not saying this to be disrespectful but You your self say your a novice just let some one that can shim do your work. Sorry but if you don't no what shims are you shouldn't even think of setting up your rear diff Watch them & learn (WE all were Novice at some point) I have ran LOSI many years and would never change brands at this point in time because losi has great support & even a better product than most

GOOD LUCK
Old 08-02-2010, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Statement

True True, we were all novices.