R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #31
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Check your bearing on the rear diff. If they are shot it will cause the whole diff to move and screw up your shimming and everything.
www.rcgears.net, www.carcar.ca, www.karz.ca
Akhor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #32
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 64 (100%+)

The best way to check your ring and pinion is to grab rear driveshaft with pliars or something that wont give.. then grab both tires at the same time and try to spin them foward with a little pressure. If it clicks and skips gears either the ring or pinion is toast..(most of the time its both) You should replace both at the same time anyways as you dont want to put a new pinion on a worn ring gear or vice versa. I also replace the diff case, bearings and put new shims on (shim how it shows in Losi instructions) I also run the Losi Rear Gearbox Bearing Inserts http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA4454

when you replace gears make sure to put alot of grease on them I run mobile 1 synthetic.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #33
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to segui305

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
If you have it shimmned correctly and it still makes the noise then your ring and pinion have too much wear. Look me up at the track this Saturday and I will try to give you a hand - although I am no expert but I was able to fix mine. If not, I will pit you in touch with one of our resident Losi experts to take a look at it.
thanx!! i would really appreciate that but im pretty sure that i wont be able to go this saturday bc its my g/f birthday.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 AM   #34
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhor View Post
Check your bearing on the rear diff. If they are shot it will cause the whole diff to move and screw up your shimming and everything.
i already check the bearing and they all move freely and they look good. maybe that Losi Aluminum Rear Gearbox Bearing Inserts will do the trick, i will probably replace the pinion and ring
Old 07-27-2010, 06:06 PM   #35
Tech Adept

Old 07-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevette View Post
If you have it shimmned correctly and it still makes the noise then your ring and pinion have too much wear. Look me up at the track this Saturday and I will try to give you a hand - although I am no expert but I was able to fix mine. If not, I will pit you in touch with one of our resident Losi experts to take a look at it.
Ask Bart to intro you to Gil. If he can't fix it, the dumpster at the back gate can.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:45 AM   #37
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Working Man View Post
Ask Bart to intro you to Gil. If he can't fix it, the dumpster at the back gate can.
i might just take your advice and toss it the big green garbage dump. damn slowsi lol
Old 07-30-2010, 05:20 PM   #38
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by segui305 View Post
i might just take your advice and toss it the big green garbage dump. damn slowsi lol
yeah! fuck that car, its totally the cars fault u cant shim. haha wow

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:00 PM   #39
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackstarlosi View Post
yeah! fuck that car, its totally the cars fault u cant shim. haha wow
Wow great language and we wonder why there are very little sponsored drivers that come onto to this site to give a helping hand.

I dont blame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 06:40 PM   #40
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Wow great language and we wonder why there are very little sponsored drivers that come onto to this site to give a helping hand.

I dont blame them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i explained how to shim it and what went wrong one page back, and he just wants to throw it away... didnt mean for anyone to take it as serious as you.

TLR Team Losi Racing / Novarossi / Nitrotane / Spectrum
trackstarlosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Quote:
Yep, I was thinking of Gil as well. He is the Losi king at our track. He diagnosed my car before I finished explaining the symptoms.

BTW, if you decide to chuck it in the dumpster, let me walk with ya when you do it.
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM   #42
Tech Adept

dude i was only kidding about tossing my car into a dumpster. i am new to this hobby but im willing to ask question and learn from my mistakes. it still making the noise when i brake but i haven't bought new pinion and ring. i will order some shortly.

ive also notice that my front diff housing keeps cracking by the tower shocks, has that ever happen to any of you???
Old 08-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #43
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
dude i was only kidding about tossing my car into a dumpster. i am new to this hobby but im willing to ask question and learn from my mistakes. it still making the noise when i brake but i haven't bought new pinion and ring. i will order some shortly.

ive also notice that my front diff housing keeps cracking by the tower shocks, has that ever happen to any of you???
Dude will you just add some more rear break and try it. On the linkage twist it clockwise. Keep twisting it a good amount and see what happens.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:12 PM   #44
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to petevette

Quote:

I know you were kidding, it was just fun chatter. Hey, you coming out this Saturday?
petevette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #45
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishsoap View Post
Dude will you just add some more rear break and try it. On the linkage twist it clockwise. Keep twisting it a good amount and see what happens.
yea i did, the more rear brakes i put the more sounds it makes. that was the first thing i did to see if that was the problem.