R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #31
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
i have never had any problems braking arms and supsension pieces only CVD's but thing like the constent bottoming out and radio tray flexing irritate me. yes it is a very good car. i have run my ones for 18 months and have been very successfull with them. but when you race at a club like myn when you have pro drivers turn up for a club race it makes you relize ho un compeative these cars are if you don't upgrade them and keep them at the stock wieght.
lol its probley not the car that cant keep up with a pro its the driver if your a club racer and a pro shows u can give him a rtr car and u can run his and i will put money that he will still win and thats a fact a club racer cant handle a pro. The pro gets the parts handed to him most likely im sure he will still be just as fast with a stock one just shim .5 of a second maybe, and a pro isnt like a club driver there cars are constely on the up keep one lil bend or error on a upgraded part its replaced when a club driver will run it till it breaks!

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 06:21 PM   #32
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

i no i can't drive like a pro but i want my car to be able to keep up with them. at the rocky cup(australian regenal event) we had had people like kyle mcbride(mugen) Jason dyckoff(accociated) and Ian Hayley(hotbodies) and afew others and ian couldn.t keep up with the other two. there were 3 D8Ts at the event and Ian and I finished in the top 5. but the mugens and accociated cars were so fast!!! they had no problems jumping and getting around the tighter parts of the track. thankfully the track roughted up really bad and that allowed us D8T drivers to shine but it was still a hard drive to keep up with the others.

ian and i spent all of our spare time seting up ours cars. the mugens and accociated cars looked like they needed very little to get them on the pace.

these cars are good when you have a clean track to drive on but when you are going through lap trafic and the track is not very wide you need a car that is more nimble and i don't think that the heavy and tank like tactic of the D8 and D8T is the most competative way to go.
Old 07-24-2010, 06:41 PM   #33
Tech Elite

Quote:
i no i can't drive like a pro but i want my car to be able to keep up with them. at the rocky cup(australian regenal event) we had had people like kyle mcbride(mugen) Jason dyckoff(accociated) and Ian Hayley(hotbodies) and afew others and ian couldn.t keep up with the other two. there were 3 D8Ts at the event and Ian and I finished in the top 5. but the mugens and accociated cars were so fast!!! they had no problems jumping and getting around the tighter parts of the track. thankfully the track roughted up really bad and that allowed us D8T drivers to shine but it was still a hard drive to keep up with the others.

ian and i spent all of our spare time seting up ours cars. the mugens and accociated cars looked like they needed very little to get them on the pace.

these cars are good when you have a clean track to drive on but when you are going through lap trafic and the track is not very wide you need a car that is more nimble and i don't think that the heavy and tank like tactic of the D8 and D8T is the most competative way to go.
very true but really thats mainly driver in my opinion that are faster oreslse hb and other companies would have made more lightweight parts for hb and more option parts, to me its mainly driver when it comes down to lap times not the car the mugen, associated, losis, and d8t are all on the same level for competition orelese you wouldnt see d8t and d8 at all track mostly

Old 07-24-2010, 11:01 PM   #34
Tech Regular

yes they are every were one of my mates bought one (at last) and he is very happy.

but i also no of people (like me) who are thinking about getting a different brand because of the wieght and nessasery upgrades.
Old 07-24-2010, 11:26 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:

Kind of makes you stop and say hummm. But then again I personally saw tessman wheel his hb around the comp without issues. But still hummm...
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #36
Tech Regular

ty is a great driver and i comed him on all of his drives. the truck is better with the lightweight drive train but i whish they would just lighten the car up, a 4mm chassis is great but totolly not needed.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:01 AM   #37
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I wouldn't want to have anything less than a 4mm chassis on a truggy. The Hot Bodies 4mm chassis is light and milled is just right.
Kinda sounds like your getting out driven not out machined.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #38
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Why is weight such an issue with people.Actually jesse said he has to add weight to his to be legal.I know he has the light weight parts and ti screws but that stuff really doesn't knock much weight off.mine is under 9lbs stock.I've been running one for over a year and haven't had any problems winning over all other brands.Everyone is too worried about weight and stuff when in reality for the average club racer that stuff doesn't mean anything because most people probably can't tell the difference anyway.
Amain Hobbies
Fioroni usa
xxxntwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:20 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I wouldn't want to have anything less than a 4mm chassis on a truggy. The Hot Bodies 4mm chassis is light and milled is just right.
Kinda sounds like your getting out driven not out machined.
thanks Greg ive been saying that in all my replies back its not the car its the driver when it comes down to being fast

Old 07-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #40
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Yeah, I mean I dont understand why people can't catch on. All theses trucks on the market today have the ability to be fast but not on there own. I have seen trucks that look amazing and then the owner of that trucks lets someone else drive it and it looks like a terd on wheels.

David Osborne (xxxnt) in the above post, use to run a Hyper ST truck. Let me say that I never seen a truck look any better. I came to the conclusion that it was for sure the truck to own. Of course this was a few years ago but I finally talked him in to selling it to me. That truck went from looking like something that Adam Drake would drive to quickly becoming a terd real quick once I was behind the controls. It was setup great and felt good for what I needed but I couldn't wheel it and make it look as good. Now, I'm a little better than I was a couple years back but have learned that the driver and his setup is alot more critical than changing brands.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:16 AM   #41
Tech Regular

like i said i no that i can't compete with the top dogs but is this a car that can be competative compared to other cars and how much is it going to cost to get it to that level.

and yes lieght wieght parts and ti srews make a big difference, can shave a cars weight by 600g if you use lots of lieght weight parts and enginuity
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 AM   #42
Tech Elite

Quote:
like i said i no that i can't compete with the top dogs but is this a car that can be competative compared to other cars and how much is it going to cost to get it to that level.

and yes lieght wieght parts and ti srews make a big difference, can shave a cars weight by 600g if you use lots of lieght weight parts and enginuity
the d8t shouldnt cost a dime to be competitave its built to WIN

Old 07-26-2010, 05:44 PM   #43
Tech Adept

my d8t is rock solid. I have put the jet alloy rear hubs on but thats it Im so much quicker with the d8t than with my old x2crt.

I know zerodefect has mentioned he doesnt like the captured hingepins but I love them. I find them better for getting into the diffs for maintenance . I race in the uk so the d8t takes a lot of hard landings and the ocassional lawn dart into the face of a jump and they have been fine .

Also i dont have hardly any wear and tear on the cvds either . maybe because i race on astroturf tracks ?
Catch 22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 06:13 PM   #44
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

The way Kyle McBride is driving at the momement you could give him a tamiya hornet and he would still win easily. I watched him race at the QLD titles and by far it was the best driving I've ever seen. He made Savoya look second rate and this is a man who is the current european champion and 3rd at last world titles. I reckon if you gave Kyle a stock D8T he would still win.
voodoopapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:02 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

I sold my D8T and thinkingof gettng back into one. My only knock on the HB's are the heavy divetrains. My motor simply worked harder to get the car going. Is there anything anyone is doing? Lightweight outdrives etc?
markhat250 is offline   Reply With Quote