R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #16
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it is easy to spend $300 dolars on upgrade for the D8t as i am paying $50 each for the light weight crown gears.

and i am buying upgrade for it as i used to own one and i want to try something a bit different and see if it makes any significat changes.

and i am trying to decide weather i should spend a lot of money on an older car of just buy an agama buggy
Old 07-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze

HB is cool but if i had to switch brands i get mugen
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
HB is cool but if i had to switch brands i get mugen
x2, if they fix the a arms

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
losi_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:27 PM   #19
Tech Regular

a mugen is not in my budget.

plus mugen are every where i want to try something different
Old 07-23-2010, 10:30 PM   #20
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
a mugen is not in my budget.

plus mugen are every where i want to try something different
cluffy, as ive said, the d8t is a good truck, just hope u drive very clean

Byron Fuels/AKA Tires/Radiopost/TKO/Viper Rc/Dialed Inc/Empire Metal Product/Advantage Racing Products
Old 07-24-2010, 02:52 AM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi_racer View Post
yea it breaks ha ha, lol sorry couldnt resist lol.

d8t seems like a good truck, little fragile for my liking but if your a really clean driver its a great truck
2 seasons with D8T and no DNF's.Not too fragile in my opinion.
Amain Hobbies
Fioroni usa
xxxntwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:25 AM   #22
Tech Elite

The D8t and D8 need a few mods to make them raceable. Out of the box they are only a hair more durable than the flimsy AE and Ofna cars.

You have to put the M2c outer pins in. The arms are made of soft "tuned flex" plastic. In hot weather they get so soft that one good crash will stretch them around the outer hinge pins and out comes you pin.

No real damage. Just pop in a new hinge pin and shim/washers. But a dnf is unacceptable. The engineer that desighned these hinge pin retainers was stupid, very stupid. Threaded hinge pins are a must have for all 1/8th scale tracks with real jumps.

The Hotbodies wheels are crap. They bend in hot weather and need rebalenced every 30 seconds. My truggy vibes bad down the straight. The wheels keep changing shape. Get some AKA wheels.

Mugen steering rod ends
Kyosho 1.2x8 pistons
Blue and Orange springs
Kyosho ft sway bar.

Then It's a pretty tough and acceptable truck. No need for the tons of expensive mods.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:33 AM   #23
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Nothing like a losi sorry.
IMO I think there alot like the Jammins and there tuff .
Old 07-24-2010, 07:57 AM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbright33

losi racer not trying to start a war or anything. just dont see y everyone needs all these upgrades for the d8t. I have only ever broke one part on my truggy and that was a front a-arm in 30 degree weather nosing a jump. as for hinge pins and stuff never had a problem and iv had some horiffic wrecks that i thought were gonna put me out but the d8t keep on going.as far as the d8 goes i do feel that it does need some leight weight upgrades but mine dosnt and im still competitive with it but i am looking into putting it on a diet lol
Old 07-24-2010, 08:00 AM   #25
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbright33 View Post
losi racer not trying to start a war or anything. just dont see y everyone needs all these upgrades for the d8t. I have only ever broke one part on my truggy and that was a front a-arm in 30 degree weather nosing a jump. as for hinge pins and stuff never had a problem and iv had some horiffic wrecks that i thought were gonna put me out but the d8t keep on going.as far as the d8 goes i do feel that it does need some leight weight upgrades but mine dosnt and im still competitive with it but i am looking into putting it on a diet lol
I never said he NEEDED The upgrades, he said he was doing 350 dollars worth of upgrades. READ bud.

Old 07-24-2010, 03:19 PM   #26
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I've raced the D8T since it came out and I usaully push it to the xtremes.
I did install the M2C inner hinge pins when Mitch released them. I am yet to break anything. 1 DNF in close to 2 years due to a longer bolt that I installed on the inner tie rod. It got caught under the steering rack top plate. That was my fault and not the truck nor the designer. For us average club racers that will never be at a pro level, why spend large sums of money?
I have out run all the trucks made and been out run by them all which goes back to the driver ......
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 04:43 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

The hot bodies brand are great cars handling wise but maintaining them SUCKS! I was not impressed by how fast the CVD's wear or how the pins fall out because they wear in a flat spot and work their way free. The plastics got sloppy really fast, plastic hubs are extremely fragile. I am not knocking on them straight out I am just giving my honest opinion. But then again I came from mugen and then went back. If your gona spend the 650 just get the mugen it doesn't need upgrades, just build and go! The arm issue is minor and pretty much just a buggy thing. They don't all of a sudden break for no reason, if you acutally spend the time to look the swaybar mount cracks and usualy not for like 3+ gallons or a really hard hit on something RARELY resulting in a DNF.
awdcameolsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #28
Tech Regular

i am asking this question because i am at a piont were i want to become competative (which i have with the D8T) but i want to get a bit more out of my car but i don't think i can get it out of my D8 compared to how easy it is with other cars.
Old 07-24-2010, 05:27 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cluffy1 View Post
i am asking this question because i am at a piont were i want to become competative (which i have with the D8T) but i want to get a bit more out of my car but i don't think i can get it out of my D8 compared to how easy it is with other cars.
to me ur sayin its a cheap car so its not competative which out of the box will smash a stock losi(in my opinion) the car doesnt need upgraded parts to win, yes all cars have problems that are mainly driver error like hub carriers breaking ok so 100 dollars for aluminum that u dont really need but its nice to be safe! By no means its not competative because price its a great truggy it wins at my track all the time with a werks b5 and jr servos vs. mbx6t and losi 2.0 t all the time and they run rossis and speeds! Im not a brand name soldier i like other truggys to but for the price u cant beat it with a stick!!!! PL\lus for 330$ u can put 200 into it and still be under a losi or mugens price!

Kyosho RB6 | Ko-Propo | Futaba | Turnigy | Orion | JC |

AE T4.2 | Ko-Propo | Savox | Turnigy | ProTek | JC |
NitroXray80809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 05:37 PM   #30
Tech Regular

i have never had any problems braking arms and supsension pieces only CVD's but thing like the constent bottoming out and radio tray flexing irritate me. yes it is a very good car. i have run my ones for 18 months and have been very successfull with them. but when you race at a club like myn when you have pro drivers turn up for a club race it makes you relize ho un compeative these cars are if you don't upgrade them and keep them at the stock wieght.