Search

can't decide between D8 or RC8B

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default can't decide between D8 or RC8B

If somebody here could help me please.
My LSH here have all the RC8B parts in stock, but the price of the D8 is alot better.
It's near twice the price for the Associated....

Thank you
Old 07-16-2010, 11:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Mathiew
If somebody here could help me please.
My LSH here have all the RC8B parts in stock, but the price of the D8 is alot better.
It's near twice the price for the Associated....

Thank you
Get the d8 and make an order of parts too. I love my d8, its really strong and its handles awsome!
Old 07-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

i had 2 buggy last year.

D8 need a lot of hop up to be fast. i spend over 800bucks on mine and i sold for peanuts after i was bored about the shaft popping off...

Now, i know HB resolved the problem putting 1mm more on the front shaft.

The D8 jump better than the RC8B, D8 goes faster in the bumpy section if you have the 112mm rear shock mod.

But RC8B goes faster when the track have grip.

You need to run the RC8B cool and smooth, D8 is like the little bitch, you can gun wide open trottle and control the car, i never had fastest lap time with my RC8B and the D8 i got a lot of fastest lap time!! but it's difficult for me to finish a race, every time my right front shaft pop off !!!!

My driving style is very agressive! if you too, take a losi! i m serious!

HEHE you are in QC too ??!!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

D8 is an awsome kit and parts price is great to love the d8 its outstanding exspecially for the price!
Old 07-16-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcdude236
Get the d8 and make an order of parts too. I love my d8, its really strong and its handles awsome!

Which parts to order and why?? This buggy broke alot??
Old 07-16-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

it doesnt break alot but its nice to have parts weak point would be wheel hubs, like all cars cvd's wear not really needed off the bat but ill give you the links to make them last longer, and front hub carriers--- Note almost all cars break these its normal alot of people go aluminum but i would rather buy a set of plastic spares for 9$ instead of going for 40$ the first time because it depend on how u drive if you land wrong alot they will break! Normal wear and tear is all i have had.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Hub-Left-Right

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...Carrier-Set-10

http://www.tytessman.com/tips/tips_home.html

Ty has a couple mods he prefers including how to reduce wear to cvd's
Old 07-16-2010, 12:39 PM
Tech Master

Not at all. but if you cant get them local keep some on hand. mine has broken 2 times and both were on run aways. one was a 3 dollar part and one was a bent shock tower, but what do you expect when your going 40+ to a dead stop I think you would love the car.

You do not need a lot of hopups for the d8. You can run it box stock and its fine. Whoever had shafts poping off was doing something werid or had the older buggy with the weaker shafts.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

I have had the D8T last summer, and the thing i don't like is the 8x16mm inside hub bearing. This make the axle to have lot of play.
And the overall truggy was slopy from everywhere, so i imagine that the buggy is like the truggy???

The MBX6, RC8B have a larger 15x21mm inside hub bearing who lock the CVD in it, and this make the axle more solid, with less slope.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Just get the RC8B.
Old 07-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RC8B all the way but i would really depend on if you bought a lot of stuff online or if you bought it al your local hobby store.

Online:is more it doesnt matter which you get because their are plenty of sites out there.

Local Hobby Store:If its your local hobbystore you might want to go with the buggy they carry the most parts for.

Thats my advice to anyone
Old 07-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

i personaly dont think its sloppy. it is the 8x16 in the buggy.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

with a rc8b not bashing the buggy there are features i like, but they take a smooth driver who doesnt push it. I always see the buggy break with people who drive it like a losi. Theres a local who quit racing because his rc8b he converted to electric broke literaly everytime he raced it always had issues. I like features but its driving style the ae cars cant take alot of abuse yeah they can take a couple hard hits every now and then but alot of people i know who run d8 will backflip it, crash it, and all and it keeps coming back for more now i dont thrash my buggy like that but it is a dependable buggy for sure!
Old 07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

HotBodies all the way...and dont look back
Old 07-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by NitroXray80809
with a rc8b not bashing the buggy there are features i like, but they take a smooth driver who doesnt push it. I always see the buggy break with people who drive it like a losi. Theres a local who quit racing because his rc8b he converted to electric broke literaly everytime he raced it always had issues. I like features but its driving style the ae cars cant take alot of abuse yeah they can take a couple hard hits every now and then but alot of people i know who run d8 will backflip it, crash it, and all and it keeps coming back for more now i dont thrash my buggy like that but it is a dependable buggy for sure!

are you talking about the, 2.0 eight buggy or the 1.0 buggy ? because when i ran the 1.0 buggy, you couldnt drive them that hard really.
Old 07-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xchange
i had 2 buggy last year.

D8 need a lot of hop up to be fast. i spend over 800bucks on mine and i sold for peanuts after i was bored about the shaft popping off...

Now, i know HB resolved the problem putting 1mm more on the front shaft.

The D8 jump better than the RC8B, D8 goes faster in the bumpy section if you have the 112mm rear shock mod.

But RC8B goes faster when the track have grip.

You need to run the RC8B cool and smooth, D8 is like the little bitch, you can gun wide open trottle and control the car, i never had fastest lap time with my RC8B and the D8 i got a lot of fastest lap time!! but it's difficult for me to finish a race, every time my right front shaft pop off !!!!

My driving style is very agressive! if you too, take a losi! i m serious!

HEHE you are in QC too ??!!
Haha. The little bitch. That's great. I'll have to use that one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.