Search

Losi 8T 2.0 Werks clutch

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8T 2.0 Werks clutch

Is the 4 shoe adjustable Werks clutch any good? Will it work on a Losi 8T? I'd be using it w a NR Plus 4. Thanks
Old 07-20-2010, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsl
Is the 4 shoe adjustable Werks clutch any good? Will it work on a Losi 8T? I'd be using it w a NR Plus 4. Thanks
I ran the werks clutch on my old losi truggy(1.0) some while ago and it worked good. Basically the best way i set it up was with threadlock on the nut tightened it all the way down. i ran it for a couple gallons with carbon shoes and it was still good as new. i sold that truggy with that clutch and with the few truggys iv had since iv always ran a losi clutch. really tho i believe you might have good luck with it on yours with the +4
Old 07-20-2010, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dsl
Hey DSL, I love to sell stuff but the clutch that came with your 8T is quite good. Just take some time to figure out the set up on it and you should be good! If you are still looking for an alternative (because of wear or something like that) then you might want to take a look at our new 4 shoe traditional scissor style clutch (Werks "Pro Clutch") that we will be releasing in a few days.

Regards,

Ron
Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Werks
Hey DSL, I love to sell stuff but the clutch that came with your 8T is quite good. Just take some time to figure out the set up on it and you should be good! If you are still looking for an alternative (because of wear or something like that) then you might want to take a look at our new 4 shoe traditional scissor style clutch (Werks "Pro Clutch") that we will be releasing in a few days.

Regards,

Ron
tick tock, tick tock! push'm out already!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by benamin
tick tock, tick tock! push'm out already!
Lol, we are! The team guys are already getting them and they are being set up at the shops already. So a few more days and everyone should be able to get some new Werks bling for their buggy or truggy!
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Lol, we are! The team guys are already getting them and they are being set up at the shops already. So a few more days and everyone should be able to get some new Werks bling for their buggy or truggy!

Is Neal getting any for testing ?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Integra
Is Neal getting any for testing ?
He expressed some interest the last time I spoke to him but I'm not sure what he plans on doing. If you are interested in taking a look I posted a picture of our medium weight clutch assembly here:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/7696497-post4678.html

Regards,

Ron
Old 07-20-2010, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

wow, ron.....that pic of the clutch setup looks great.....i know that marshon likes it....
Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

He expressed some interest the last time I spoke to him but I'm not sure what he plans on doing. If you are interested in taking a look I posted a picture of our medium weight clutch assembly here:

Regards,

Ron

Calling him Right now.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Regards,

Ron

man there nice looking do the shoes last long ? i like the fan flywheel is that a werks flywheel also ?
Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tc5 man
man there nice looking do the shoes last long ? i like the fan flywheel is that a werks flywheel also ?
Yep that is a picture of a complete new medium weight Pro Clutch set. The aluminum shoes should last about 2 gallons and the kit also includes .9, 1.0 and 1.1 springs!
Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Yep that is a picture of a complete new medium weight Pro Clutch set. The aluminum shoes should last about 2 gallons and the kit also includes .9, 1.0 and 1.1 springs!

when are they coming out ? or are you still testing them ?

yea i like the fan cutouts on, the flywheel it keeps them alum shoes run cooler good idea.

and its a 4 shoe clutch so good job !
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM
dsl
Tech Regular

Ron thanks for the feedback. I have heard nothing but good things about the Werks clutch. I've done well with the Losi clutch, but I'm looking for a little bit of a competitive edge and if I can get more durability, why not?!

Regards