R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
dsl
Tech Regular
 
dsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Losi 8T 2.0 Werks clutch

Is the 4 shoe adjustable Werks clutch any good? Will it work on a Losi 8T? I'd be using it w a NR Plus 4. Thanks
dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:51 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
8&stuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In.
Posts: 1,401
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsl View Post
Is the 4 shoe adjustable Werks clutch any good? Will it work on a Losi 8T? I'd be using it w a NR Plus 4. Thanks
I ran the werks clutch on my old losi truggy(1.0) some while ago and it worked good. Basically the best way i set it up was with threadlock on the nut tightened it all the way down. i ran it for a couple gallons with carbon shoes and it was still good as new. i sold that truggy with that clutch and with the few truggys iv had since iv always ran a losi clutch. really tho i believe you might have good luck with it on yours with the +4
8&stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:17 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsl View Post
Is the 4 shoe adjustable Werks clutch any good? Will it work on a Losi 8T? I'd be using it w a NR Plus 4. Thanks
Hey DSL, I love to sell stuff but the clutch that came with your 8T is quite good. Just take some time to figure out the set up on it and you should be good! If you are still looking for an alternative (because of wear or something like that) then you might want to take a look at our new 4 shoe traditional scissor style clutch (Werks "Pro Clutch") that we will be releasing in a few days.

Regards,

Ron
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #4
Tech Adept
 
benamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posts: 174
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Hey DSL, I love to sell stuff but the clutch that came with your 8T is quite good. Just take some time to figure out the set up on it and you should be good! If you are still looking for an alternative (because of wear or something like that) then you might want to take a look at our new 4 shoe traditional scissor style clutch (Werks "Pro Clutch") that we will be releasing in a few days.

Regards,

Ron
tick tock, tick tock! push'm out already!
__________________
Mugen MBX-6T/Clockworks Novarossi Keep Off 21-7 XL, Clockworks Werks B5/2013
President,RC Racers of Edmonton
benamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by benamin View Post
tick tock, tick tock! push'm out already!
Lol, we are! The team guys are already getting them and they are being set up at the shops already. So a few more days and everyone should be able to get some new Werks bling for their buggy or truggy!
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Lol, we are! The team guys are already getting them and they are being set up at the shops already. So a few more days and everyone should be able to get some new Werks bling for their buggy or truggy!


Is Neal getting any for testing ?
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Is Neal getting any for testing ?
He expressed some interest the last time I spoke to him but I'm not sure what he plans on doing. If you are interested in taking a look I posted a picture of our medium weight clutch assembly here:

The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine

Regards,

Ron
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Tech Master
 
alexrckid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: south carolina
Posts: 1,555
Default

wow, ron.....that pic of the clutch setup looks great.....i know that marshon likes it....
__________________
2008/2009 northeast super series Production MT champion
8T-2.0, werks B5, 2013, hitec's.
gallimods hobbies and raceway, barn/wolcott.
living in north myrtle beach. race at badlands
alexrckid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 04:31 PM   #9
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
He expressed some interest the last time I spoke to him but I'm not sure what he plans on doing. If you are interested in taking a look I posted a picture of our medium weight clutch assembly here:

The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine

Regards,

Ron


Calling him Right now.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #10
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
He expressed some interest the last time I spoke to him but I'm not sure what he plans on doing. If you are interested in taking a look I posted a picture of our medium weight clutch assembly here:

The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine

Regards,

Ron



man there nice looking do the shoes last long ? i like the fan flywheel is that a werks flywheel also ?
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:45 PM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,615
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc5 man View Post
man there nice looking do the shoes last long ? i like the fan flywheel is that a werks flywheel also ?
Yep that is a picture of a complete new medium weight Pro Clutch set. The aluminum shoes should last about 2 gallons and the kit also includes .9, 1.0 and 1.1 springs!
Werks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Tech Prophet
 
tc5 man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: levittown pa
Posts: 16,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werks View Post
Yep that is a picture of a complete new medium weight Pro Clutch set. The aluminum shoes should last about 2 gallons and the kit also includes .9, 1.0 and 1.1 springs!


when are they coming out ? or are you still testing them ?

yea i like the fan cutouts on, the flywheel it keeps them alum shoes run cooler good idea.

and its a 4 shoe clutch so good job !
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:59 PM   #13
dsl
Tech Regular
 
dsl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 365
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ron thanks for the feedback. I have heard nothing but good things about the Werks clutch. I've done well with the Losi clutch, but I'm looking for a little bit of a competitive edge and if I can get more durability, why not?!

Regards
dsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The New Werks B5 .21 Racing Engine Werks Offroad Nitro Engine Forum 9300 03-27-2017 05:54 PM
8T 2.0 polarismaster Nitro Off-Road 15880 02-02-2015 10:31 AM
Losi 8T 2.0 RTR vs Hot Bodies D8T mike881 Nitro Off-Road 166 11-28-2011 07:39 PM
Lost 8ight/8T vs Mugen MBX5R/MBX5T brent98rt Electric Off-Road 32 05-20-2007 08:59 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:28 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net