R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-19-2010, 06:32 AM   #46
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

+1. I enjoy the challange of nitro and the fact that there is alot more than going fast that plays into whether you finish well or not. The only bad thing about nitro is you need a good pit man to help you finish well and they are not always easy to find. That is why you have seen an increase in the e class because it is typicaly easier for a new racer. Plug and go and no pitman needed.
MBX7R. RC8B3
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:28 AM   #47
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
+1. I enjoy the challange of nitro and the fact that there is alot more than going fast that plays into whether you finish well or not. The only bad thing about nitro is you need a good pit man to help you finish well and they are not always easy to find. That is why you have seen an increase in the e class because it is typicaly easier for a new racer. Plug and go and no pitman needed.

well all i know is that i, see new guys at my track with nitro 1/8 all the time.

as for the pit man i dont care really, i can just make it up on the track takeing my time.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM   #48
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
You know the sad thing is that in our area the 1/8th scale class in general is not growing. It grew alot last year but because of the economy I have not seen hardly any growth this year. My local hobby shop says he is not seeing any new guys this year and the only thing he is really selling is the short course trucks. He said the big wharehouses are reporting a decline of up to 75% in 1/8th scale sales. I know a few guys as well that have given up 1/8th scale to go back to 1/10th scale because of it being cheaper. The only class that has experienced steady growth in our area is SC trucks.

really well in northeast, i havnt seen any decline in 1/8 scale thats for sure.

75% really ? i havnt seen any decline in selling 1/8 parts at least hey if short course trucks sell more at least, it keeps them in bussiness and adds some more people to race tracks.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 12:59 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAlmeida View Post
In this part of the woods truggy is slowing down, but buggy is picking up fast
You know the funny thing is there is almost 120 entries for every club race these days. They have even caped the races cause there is so many people racing now. I hope truggy picks up again but with ebuggy growing where will it end. Every club race will have to be a 2 day event just to get everyone in.
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:13 PM   #50
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
I have both and while the e cars are tech faster I personally am not faster with them. I do like them though because they offer a different aspect and they are a huge challenge. But you can sit an e car at the base of any jump and nail it and it flies where a nitro car needs more time to build up speed. I got bored and built them and you dinger more drive time on the stand which is always fun but the bottom line is they only run up to 10 min mains most are 7 around here and they don't quite bring the satisfaction that the nitro cars do.
Well said Frankie! The E cars are fun, but to me Nitro is where it's at, mostly because of long mains. Running a 30+ minute main is much more satisfying to me than putting around on the track for 7 minutes.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 01:37 PM   #51
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
Well said Frankie! The E cars are fun, but to me Nitro is where it's at, mostly because of long mains. Running a 30+ minute main is much more satisfying to me than putting around on the track for 7 minutes.
Ya my E cars will actually go 15 mins but they just dont race that long around here. Ohh well.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 04:25 PM   #52
Tech Elite

I gotta say the coolest car I've seen in a long time and am really excited about was a home built 4-stroke truggy!

Sounds insane. I think he used a buggy diff gear and found a huge clutch bell pinion, and made his own engine mount and cooling head.

It kept up well. Looked easier to tune.
Zerodefect is offline   Reply With Quote