R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-19-2010, 03:02 PM   #46
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shady3031 View Post
I bought a used proline fuel gun about 3 yrs ago for $25. Since then it has been used by 3 or more racers each race weekend, all I have done is replace the oring with a "VITON" oring found at amain and put a little shoe goo where the plastic tube meets the metal end towards the bottom, then assembled as usual. I have had to replace the oring twice in 3 years of "heavy" use.

I have looked at the Nova gun, but for a bill, damn that's a little steep, though I do like the white plastic end cap to keep the tip of the gun at the perfect level in the tank for maximum efficency-but $100. Don't get me wrong I love my plus4's, and P5 and pipes but I don't think I can spend $100 on a fuel gun when the p/l works just dandy.
So where can I find these o rings? I know you said a main but where there? Are they for the fuel gun? or something else? then you used the shoe goo to seal all the way around where the plastic meets the aluminum end? thanks for the advice.

Monty, I've never seen a nova gun but this sport is 'only a $100' ing me to death! As was said when I can drive better I'll work on speeding up my pitstops. for now I'm working on fuel mileage... Make less pit stops= faster than fast pit stops!LOL!
Brian C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 03:13 PM   #47
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babygrand48 View Post
So where can I find these o rings? I know you said a main but where there? Are they for the fuel gun? or something else? then you used the shoe goo to seal all the way around where the plastic meets the aluminum end? thanks for the advice.

Monty, I've never seen a nova gun but this sport is 'only a $100' ing me to death! As was said when I can drive better I'll work on speeding up my pitstops. for now I'm working on fuel mileage... Make less pit stops= faster than fast pit stops!LOL!
oh i know the "its only 100 bucks " deal bro , in my case its the " its only 1,000 bucks "

there are good less expensive products but there are only a few companies with no holds barred quality
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpz_67 View Post
It's usually the tune on the motor, too rich on the bottom .
I agree. Had this problem this weekend. Came in leaned it out 3 hrs. No more problems....... We were racing in 110 heat. Just about everybody had to do it....
hdcruzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #49
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to SkarTisu Send a message via Yahoo to SkarTisu

High temps = lower air density = rich tune vs. normal air temps.
Old 07-23-2010, 02:23 PM   #50
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to shesha

Try a gas cooler, it works for me....well minimizes them.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 AM   #51
Tech Regular

Default flame outs

It has something to do with the pressure line, some say to route it (loop it) around both sides of the fuel tank.
ramjesr is offline   Reply With Quote