R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2010, 03:33 PM   #46
Tech Elite
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC View Post
I forgot to mention that the other reason for going with the Werks motors is that Ron's service is next to none. What other engine producer do you see always answering everyone's questions on the forum? Ron is always there if you need him and for a new nitro guy like me that's very important.
Steve odonnell as well.
__________________
Why is this hobby so full of drama? Its toy cars....
Dlewis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 12:21 AM   #47
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 314
Default

I don't have one and I don't know/care if they work but I have some input.
It seems like everyone thinks the exhaust gas passes through in large amount and very fast! That is not true. The pressure line is there to keep PRESSURE on the fuel. There is actually not that much exhaust that goes THROUGH the line.
When you open the lid and re-fuel the pressure goes out and when you close the lid a small amount of gas will go into the tank until it's full and the pressure is built up, then there is no more exhaust gas going THROUGH the line/cooler. During the race the tank will get drained of fuel and the now empty space in the tank will get filled with exhaust gas but this is such a small amount and it is entering slowly.
Therefor a exhaust gas cooler will have very small or no effect.
__________________
Life's like a lemon and I want my money back!
Klimpen717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 07:20 PM   #48
Tech Regular
 
Kalgard Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 467
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Whether you like them or not.......the claim it is a hassle or a point of failure is just not valid. Most coolers have no theads etc. They are machined from a single piece. Same claim could be made for fuel filters. I never had a "failure", it just is not something anyone should worry about if you are thinking of trying one. Many things is racing are suspect or questionable, so do what you want. I'll keep mine on.......
Kalgard Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 08:00 PM   #49
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalgard Racing View Post
Whether you like them or not.......the claim it is a hassle or a point of failure is just not valid. Most coolers have no theads etc. They are machined from a single piece. Same claim could be made for fuel filters. I never had a "failure", it just is not something anyone should worry about if you are thinking of trying one. Many things is racing are suspect or questionable, so do what you want. I'll keep mine on.......
You've never seen a fuel filter leak? I have seen plenty develop air leaks and lead the user through an epic tuning battle. Simple solution... Cut out anything in the fuel system that can cause leaks and doesn't need to be there. The simpler the better when it comes to the fuel system.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #50
Tech Elite
 
rallyebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 2,863
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Damn yer a posting machine^^^ Some people including myself dont like em, even though my head temps dropped 12degrees consistently. Other people, like Ed Bridges use them. That alone is going to make me revaluate my stance a bit. If I see another 'gas coolers-good or bad' thread I will smash my computer
__________________
cpaurl
rallyebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 09:59 PM   #51
Tech Regular
 
jeff_ellis_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grover, NC
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

maybe this is a dumb question, but oh well.

Ok, so all this hype is about keeping the fuel cool right? Well why not just stick yer bottle of fuel in a cooler of ice and keep it in there and it will be cold from the get go. Or maybe even put it in the fridge the night before and then keep it on ice during the race.

Or is this a stupid/bad idea?
__________________
Team Losi Buggy
GO Tech 5 port RB Mods
AKA
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:05 PM   #52
Tech Master
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post
maybe this is a dumb question, but oh well.

Ok, so all this hype is about keeping the fuel cool right? Well why not just stick yer bottle of fuel in a cooler of ice and keep it in there and it will be cold from the get go. Or maybe even put it in the fridge the night before and then keep it on ice during the race.

Or is this a stupid/bad idea?
to cold and moisture springs to mind
__________________
SHAYNE/MONSTER ENERGY/BETA TYRES Australia
Thanks to www.wprcracing.com/P.N.D Paint works
81/MUGEN Mafia

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #53
Tech Regular
 
jeff_ellis_9's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grover, NC
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

got ya!

I did a search and found this too. Would this work?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler

Also, where are you guys finding cheaper gas coolers? I am seeing the RB ones, but personally I think its a bit high. Any others? Link plz?
__________________
Team Losi Buggy
GO Tech 5 port RB Mods
AKA
HiTec
Spektrum DX3S
jeff_ellis_9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #54
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_ellis_9 View Post
got ya!

I did a search and found this too. Would this work?

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler

Also, where are you guys finding cheaper gas coolers? I am seeing the RB ones, but personally I think its a bit high. Any others? Link plz?
get this one: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ust-Gas-Cooler

mine is similar to that one. the fioroni one, IMO, is a waste of money and wont work the same, your paying more for the name
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 02:46 AM   #55
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sweden
Posts: 314
Default

If you guys that say it does work REALLY want your fuel to be cold/cooler listen to this.

Why don't you get a gas cooler and just put it on the fuel line instead?!
That way you will REALLY cool that fuel down.
Heck, why don't use a cooler on both lines. One on the exhaust and one on the fuel line. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious! It would work pretty well!
Fluid cools (dissipates heat) better then air/gas so the small increment in fuel temperature added by the gas would EASILY be taken away if you let the fuel pass through even the smallest cooler. Take it from someone that has used Water Cooling for my PC for over ten years!
__________________
Life's like a lemon and I want my money back!
Klimpen717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:50 AM   #56
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Martinsburg ,wv
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Are you guy's really that stupid?A cooler for the pulse line really?Don't you know the difference between somethings thats good or bad?This is a stupid idea that someone came up with and figured if they anadized something and put it on the market with the claim it cools the fuel down a bunch off people would jump on it and they would make a s**t load of money for something that serves no purpose.It dosen't work ..................Get over it.Its a scam .S**t is S**t no matter what color it is.Come on guy's wtf!!! I guess the one's who went out and got one of these will chime in telling how good it works.Fact is you have know idea if it works ...........And you threw your money away on something that makes no sence... I don't care what you say common sence tells me the idea is stupidAnd guess what it doesn't make you faster either!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry you have to earn that...
__________________
Mugen 6T/ powerhouse modded toro nere' plus 4 ' p5xs / hot modded FMS / The sleeper 821B
.Sponsor's Mr Jingle's super flame out race fuel/
Should work glow plug's/mynutzyourchin racing tire's.I'd like to bring on my new sponsor's ballzydick servos & onehunglow ball ends and puffy pack lipo company.I couldn't do it with out you guy's
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 AM   #57
Tech Elite
 
Dlewis4's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Saint Joseph, MO
Posts: 4,758
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine View Post
Are you guy's really that stupid?A cooler for the pulse line really?Don't you know the difference between somethings thats good or bad?This is a stupid idea that someone came up with and figured if they anadized something and put it on the market with the claim it cools the fuel down a bunch off people would jump on it and they would make a s**t load of money for something that serves no purpose.It dosen't work ..................Get over it.Its a scam .S**t is S**t no matter what color it is.Come on guy's wtf!!! I guess the one's who went out and got one of these will chime in telling how good it works.Fact is you have know idea if it works ...........And you threw your money away on something that makes no sence... I don't care what you say common sence tells me the idea is stupidAnd guess what it doesn't make you faster either!!!!!!!!!!!Sorry you have to earn that...
Says the guy who thinks pre heating your engine is a waste of time
__________________
Why is this hobby so full of drama? Its toy cars....
Dlewis4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:14 AM   #58
Registered User
 
UltegraSTI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,171
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

agree w/the guy who said its just another potential leak problem area.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #59
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Martinsburg ,wv
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Well i guess that means Dlewis4 has one.Let me guess it looks trick!I don't think pre heating your engine is a waste of time.I just think comp heat is a waste of money.I know they work.I for one could use that money else where.
__________________
Mugen 6T/ powerhouse modded toro nere' plus 4 ' p5xs / hot modded FMS / The sleeper 821B
.Sponsor's Mr Jingle's super flame out race fuel/
Should work glow plug's/mynutzyourchin racing tire's.I'd like to bring on my new sponsor's ballzydick servos & onehunglow ball ends and puffy pack lipo company.I couldn't do it with out you guy's
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 04:34 AM   #60
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Martinsburg ,wv
Posts: 360
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klimpen717 View Post
If you guys that say it does work REALLY want your fuel to be cold/cooler listen to this.

Why don't you get a gas cooler and just put it on the fuel line instead?!
That way you will REALLY cool that fuel down.
Heck, why don't use a cooler on both lines. One on the exhaust and one on the fuel line. I'm not being sarcastic here, I'm serious! It would work pretty well!
Fluid cools (dissipates heat) better then air/gas so the small increment in fuel temperature added by the gas would EASILY be taken away if you let the fuel pass through even the smallest cooler. Take it from someone that has used Water Cooling for my PC for over ten years!
Thats what they want you to do put 2 of them on.That way they can put more money in there pockets
__________________
Mugen 6T/ powerhouse modded toro nere' plus 4 ' p5xs / hot modded FMS / The sleeper 821B
.Sponsor's Mr Jingle's super flame out race fuel/
Should work glow plug's/mynutzyourchin racing tire's.I'd like to bring on my new sponsor's ballzydick servos & onehunglow ball ends and puffy pack lipo company.I couldn't do it with out you guy's
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net