R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Mugen Ninja JX21 B01A 5-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Light Weight Head) (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/417270-mugen-ninja-jx21-b01a-5-port-off-road-competition-buggy-engine-light-weight-head.html)

losi 8ight 07-16-2010 02:52 PM

Mugen Ninja JX21 B01A 5-Port Off-Road Competition Buggy Engine (Light Weight Head)

hey guys i posted a thread about this engine but i dont know if it is good for the losi 8ight 2.0 i am going to order it from A main hobbys is there any other places where i can get a cheaper price also i want to know a good breaking in method like tank 1 what should i do tank 2 what and so on
also i wanted to say thanks if you post a reply!!!

071crazy 07-16-2010 03:03 PM

there is a good break-in bible in this folder.

If you do not know how to break in an engine, then do NOT buy a ninja.

tony montana 07-16-2010 03:05 PM

why not buy the ninja if you dont know how to break in

losi_racer 07-16-2010 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by tony montana (Post 7679866)
why not buy the ninja if you dont know how to break in

really.... you gotta break in any engine

tony montana 07-16-2010 03:16 PM

the ninja isnt any harder to break in than any other engine

losi_racer 07-16-2010 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by tony montana (Post 7679903)
the ninja isnt any harder to break in than any other engine

i was agreeing with u

dreaux 07-16-2010 03:25 PM

it's easy. Just watch your temps and don't stress the rod. In other words, use a heat gun and be gentle for the first few tanks. I break mine in a little leaner then the factory settings.

you should be able to put a race tune on it after a little more the a quart of fuel. I used to drag it on for a gallon etc, but i find the shorter, less lengthy break in is better, saves time, money and wear on your engine!

Matt Piva 07-17-2010 03:56 AM

If u want ur engine to be bitchin run it for a tank on the box to get it feels ok and tempt at around 190, then for the nxt 3 tanks run it for 3 minutes on the road, it shouldn't go above 215 n every 3 minutes turn it off b let it cool to 100 then it's safe to restart again till ur done with those 3 tanks. After that pit it on the track got another 4 tanks rich on top n temping at 220 max I like 210, after that u can run it for about a gallon or galling n a half. After that change rod n bearings n ull be perfect. That's what I do with my race ninja n it's badass. I also have a practice one I pound into the ground n it honestly has all original internals, 11 gallons with a pinch n still good for practice, it lags a tad on bottom but still it's more then enough. It's all about changing filters n making sure ur bearings n clutch r fresh, if u start trying to push clutch bearings n the clutch to long it makes the engine work harder n hotter n it will toast everything. I also found a free drivetrain will increase engine life span because it works less. Have a good time with ur ninja it's a bomb engine.

Maximo 07-17-2010 04:13 AM

Buy one of my hand fitted engines...breakin issues solved !