Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shoe Goo Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 12:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

you have to let the body dry a full day before you shoo goo, it will stain or lift the paint cause it shrinks when it dries. if the body has dried 1 day and the paint lifts its not lexan paint or the body was not propperly cleaned prior to painting. i paint the body 1 day then let it dry, the next day i apply the drywall tape, its is sticky already but i dab ca in it to keep it down in the curves. then i apply a 1/8 inch thick layer of shoo goo over the tape and beyond it. i let it dry about 30 minutes then come back and spread it evenly like cake icing using a plastic spoon. i also put some around the sides of the body where the mud guards rub or where the pipe nipple rubs too. been using this for the last few bodies and had great success. some of the shoo goo eventually does start to peel off a few months down the road, i just ca it back down when it does. i'm on my second rc8t body to do this weekend and i ran the first body since january.