Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight 2.0 Buggy Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Losi 8ight 2.0 Buggy Issue

I just bought a used 8ight 2.0 buggy from here last week and just put in a couple ace servos last night. For steering i'm using a 1015 and 1313 for throttle. Anyhow when i turn the wheels to the right at the very end it makes a slapping sounds. Sounds like 2 pieces of plastic hitting each other. I messed with it for about 3 hours and could not for the life of me figure out what was making that noise. I have the EPA set for both left and right steering correctly on my radio but the problem persists. It doesn't seem to impede the wheels from rotating when in full lock to the right, so i don't know what the deal is.

I'm not sure if its a big deal or not, so i just wanted to ask if anyone else might know what the problem is or if its a problem at all. It'll be a couple days before i drop the engine into it, so i have abit of time to figure it out. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

On a side note the buggy came with an extra set of front axle carriers, although the axels carriers on them seem to be just fine. It also came with a left rear a arm (guessing the right a arm broke at some point in time and he just had the left one left over from the package). But i figured i'd post that as well.

Last edited by jwm2; 07-13-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds like the the spindle stop is slapping against the hub carrier when it goes to full lock.. Try adjusting the trim away so that is doesn't bottom out when you turn all the way..Then try it to see if it helps..
Old 07-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TWOWHEELDUDE
Sounds like the the spindle stop is slapping against the hub carrier when it goes to full lock.. Try adjusting the trim away so that is doesn't bottom out when you turn all the way..Then try it to see if it helps..
and by trim you mean endpoint
Old 07-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ok cool i'll give that a try. Thanks for the advice.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You'll never get the EPA's to be the same right to left, mine are left:86 right:65 for example. That's on a Losi as well.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by neobart
You'll never get the EPA's to be the same right to left, mine are left:86 right:65 for example. That's on a Losi as well.
Yeah i figured that when setting the epa last night. Mines right in that ball park as well about 15-20 notch difference between left and right.