R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
Tech Regular
 
lewis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: suffolk, england
Posts: 345
Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default brake pad springs?

hi there,

i am looking for some brake pad springs for my losi 8ight. i have found these:

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_in...61b3f5d898d3d5

but has anyone tried them? i was looking for brake pad springs that come in different rates, has anyone got a link?

many thanks

lewis
__________________
Durango DEX410R, BCE Losi 8ight 1.5 (radical 621t), Durango DESC410R on the way!
radical engines- www.gotnitroonline.com
Got nitro team driver
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 01:23 AM   #2
Tech Master
 
mrbusta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Adelaide Australia
Posts: 1,519
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mrbusta Send a message via Skype™ to mrbusta
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
hi there,

i am looking for some brake pad springs for my losi 8ight. i have found these:

http://www.m-k-racing.com/product_in...61b3f5d898d3d5

but has anyone tried them? i was looking for brake pad springs that come in different rates, has anyone got a link?

many thanks

lewis
u could always use the springs out of the clicker pens just as easy and cheap
__________________
SHAYNE/MONSTER ENERGY/BETA TYRES Australia
Thanks to www.wprcracing.com/P.N.D Paint works
81/MUGEN Mafia

RIP BUSTA BB ANGEL
mrbusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:59 AM   #3
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

or you can also use the Associated 12L series of front 12th scale springs... they have 3 or four different rates to choose from
__________________
Leon McIntosh
PRO-LINE--XRAY--RCAmerica--FX Engines--NitroPro Fuel--Kustom R/C Graphics--Schelle Racing

******* DialedSetups.com ****** Check it out!!!!!
punkracer24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 AM   #4
Tech Regular
 
lewis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: suffolk, england
Posts: 345
Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkracer24 View Post
or you can also use the Associated 12L series of front 12th scale springs... they have 3 or four different rates to choose from
or could you use any 12th scale springs? but i looked on the associated website and found this:

http://67.199.85.166/main/maincatego...&nav=on1.12nav

there are 6 different rates, but which do you recommend? that is if i can find them!!

many thanks

lewis
__________________
Durango DEX410R, BCE Losi 8ight 1.5 (radical 621t), Durango DESC410R on the way!
radical engines- www.gotnitroonline.com
Got nitro team driver
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:01 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
off road god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chattanooga,tn
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Ok. Now you have really lost me....different spring rates? Is your servo to weak to push the pad with your springs in place? I've ran them for 3 yrs now and with great success...they keep the pads from riding on the rotor. Have they become a tuning tool also? I thought the servo applied the needed pressure and the adjustments were for the amount of pressure....and Dynamite makes a good spring.
__________________
WERKS RACING...PRO1RC...HEX CREW...BATTLEFIELD R/C...LOSI 2.0...JP PIPES...AKA,PROLINE TIRES...SPEKTRUM DX3R...JR SERVOS... PAUL CONWAY,TECHNICAL ADVISOR.
SAKURA ZERO S...NOVAK ELECTRONICS...MI SERVO...HPI PRODUCTS...FUTABA
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #6
Tech Regular
 
lewis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: suffolk, england
Posts: 345
Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road god View Post
Ok. Now you have really lost me....different spring rates? Is your servo to weak to push the pad with your springs in place? I've ran them for 3 yrs now and with great success...they keep the pads from riding on the rotor. Have they become a tuning tool also? I thought the servo applied the needed pressure and the adjustments were for the amount of pressure....and Dynamite makes a good spring.
hi there,

mike stanton recommended that i get some springs to go between the pads. but he also recommended that i get rid of the fuel tubing on the brake linkage and get some springs.

i currently do not have any springs on the pads or the linkage what so ever. and mike recommended that i have a stiffer/shorter spring on the linkage for the back brake so the back end slides round.

i am wanting the same spring rate between the pad but a stiffer/shorter spring on the rear brake linkage and a longer/softer spring for the front brake linkage.

do you understand?

many thanks

lewis
__________________
Durango DEX410R, BCE Losi 8ight 1.5 (radical 621t), Durango DESC410R on the way!
radical engines- www.gotnitroonline.com
Got nitro team driver
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:33 AM   #7
Tech Regular
 
lewis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: suffolk, england
Posts: 345
Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default

i have found the right springs for the brake pads these:

http://www.answer-rc.com/product.php...012pk&catid=22

but i need some springs for the linkage, they need to be stiffer then the ones on the brake pads?

any suggestions?

many thanks

lewis
__________________
Durango DEX410R, BCE Losi 8ight 1.5 (radical 621t), Durango DESC410R on the way!
radical engines- www.gotnitroonline.com
Got nitro team driver
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #8
Tech Elite
 
RCmayor's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Overland Park, KS
Posts: 2,745
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to RCmayor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
i have found the right springs for the brake pads these:

http://www.answer-rc.com/product.php...012pk&catid=22

but i need some springs for the linkage, they need to be stiffer then the ones on the brake pads?

any suggestions?

many thanks

lewis
Fuel tubing works good.
RCmayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
off road god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chattanooga,tn
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis666 View Post
hi there,

mike stanton recommended that i get some springs to go between the pads. but he also recommended that i get rid of the fuel tubing on the brake linkage and get some springs.

i currently do not have any springs on the pads or the linkage what so ever. and mike recommended that i have a stiffer/shorter spring on the linkage for the back brake so the back end slides round.

i am wanting the same spring rate between the pad but a stiffer/shorter spring on the rear brake linkage and a longer/softer spring for the front brake linkage.

do you understand?




many thanks

lewis
Ohhh...ok. I use Dynamite springs between the pads. I use a spring on my throttle linkage and fuel tubing on both break linkages...you can cut it suit your need and use the adjusters to fine tune your brakes.
__________________
WERKS RACING...PRO1RC...HEX CREW...BATTLEFIELD R/C...LOSI 2.0...JP PIPES...AKA,PROLINE TIRES...SPEKTRUM DX3R...JR SERVOS... PAUL CONWAY,TECHNICAL ADVISOR.
SAKURA ZERO S...NOVAK ELECTRONICS...MI SERVO...HPI PRODUCTS...FUTABA
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
rcgeezer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Sacramento CA
Posts: 688
Default

Those AnswerRC brake springs are awesome, you'll really like them!!
__________________
**Team Terribles Northern CA Regional Rep.**
Cold Fusion R/C Products Team Driver
Answer-RC USA / Team Sweep Racing USA
Team RcRenew...visit us at rcrenew.com!
Triton RC Alpha Plus Engines
rcgeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:14 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
lewis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: suffolk, england
Posts: 345
Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgeezer View Post
Those AnswerRC brake springs are awesome, you'll really like them!!
i have heard that they rub on the losi 8ight brake discs? has anyone tried answer rc springs on a losi 8ight?

many thanks

lewis
__________________
Durango DEX410R, BCE Losi 8ight 1.5 (radical 621t), Durango DESC410R on the way!
radical engines- www.gotnitroonline.com
Got nitro team driver
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:15 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
lewis666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: suffolk, england
Posts: 345
Send a message via MSN to lewis666
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by off road god View Post
Ohhh...ok. I use Dynamite springs between the pads. I use a spring on my throttle linkage and fuel tubing on both break linkages...you can cut it suit your need and use the adjusters to fine tune your brakes.
hi there,

i am only trying what mike stanton recommended. but if a got a spring off a throttle linkage and cut to size would that work?

many thanks

lewis
__________________
Durango DEX410R, BCE Losi 8ight 1.5 (radical 621t), Durango DESC410R on the way!
radical engines- www.gotnitroonline.com
Got nitro team driver
lewis666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
Tech Fanatic
 
off road god's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: chattanooga,tn
Posts: 976
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Haven't tried the Answer RC springs. I started with a set from Trinity. They worked good but, not very long. My LHS had me try the Dynamite. Less expensive,fir great and wear forever. I'm a happy camper...
__________________
WERKS RACING...PRO1RC...HEX CREW...BATTLEFIELD R/C...LOSI 2.0...JP PIPES...AKA,PROLINE TIRES...SPEKTRUM DX3R...JR SERVOS... PAUL CONWAY,TECHNICAL ADVISOR.
SAKURA ZERO S...NOVAK ELECTRONICS...MI SERVO...HPI PRODUCTS...FUTABA
off road god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic
 
TX_Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Texas
Posts: 810
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbusta View Post
u could always use the springs out of the clicker pens just as easy and cheap
Bringing back an old thread.

Has anyone else tried this? I was thinking of implementing something like this but am wondering how long of a spring to place in between the pads? 5mm?

Thanks
__________________
XRAY XB9 & XT8 ☆ Airtronics M11X ☆ Novarossi Powered☆ Werks Fuels ☆ Hitec
TX_Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Trugsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: sunshine coast australia
Posts: 468
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Trugsta
Default

Its overkill and if the kit really needed them then they would have been provided with the kit.
It dosent make sence to me If you have your breaks setup correctly then theres no need for these..
__________________
Proud Member of S.C.O.R.C.
Losi 8T2- Novarossi P5/Novarossi and GRP pipes.
spektrum DX3S. SAVOX servos. "Race till it MHZ"
A huge thanks to.
www.motorsaver.com (the absolute best filters and savers on the plannet).
Trugsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mugen MBX6T Mugen9112 Nitro Off-Road 8494 04-12-2017 12:03 PM
Odonnell Buggy!!! Brad S. Nitro Off-Road 9373 06-03-2016 10:45 AM
Avid VS Carbon fiber brake disks vti-chris Nitro Off-Road 8 11-05-2008 12:14 PM
MBX5, MBX5R, FIBER BRAKE ROTORS K.Copeland R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 03-09-2008 09:17 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:23 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net