R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-12-2010, 10:43 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default money

You didn't have to drop all that money into it you wanted to.I would buy new servos,turbo head conversion kit,re11 pipe,shock caps,and tires.(tires really don't count because stock tires on most rtr stuff sucks anyway)And it's competitive as any other car out there.Alot of it is the driver not the car.
kman16jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:39 PM   #17

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

wow his prices jumped. mustve gotten popped by horizon or something.

i paid 580 shipped from him 2mths ago IIRC. what i paid for my example last yr from bmain hobbies (tiltyard) which is now outta biz.

oh well. good luck with it.

R
UltegraSTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:47 PM   #18
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kman16jr View Post
You didn't have to drop all that money into it you wanted to.I would buy new servos,turbo head conversion kit,re11 pipe,shock caps,and tires.(tires really don't count because stock tires on most rtr stuff sucks anyway)And it's competitive as any other car out there.Alot of it is the driver not the car.
Very true!
sluggo_sx8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:56 PM   #19
Tech Elite

Default buggy placing

my buddy just raced it on sunday afternoon and he came in second in the pro buggy with the following hop-ups that i mentioned earlier and the first place winner was a d8 with the same servos and radio,just with a werks b6 and a 2013.(if my friend would've taken the plastic limiter out of the tank he would have beat the d8.And by the way the motor is as fast as any other motor with the re11 and the turbohead conversion kit getting a solid 11 minutes)Great car for the price.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:10 PM   #20
Tech Adept

Quote:
my buddy just raced it on sunday afternoon and he came in second in the pro buggy with the following hop-ups that i mentioned earlier and the first place winner was a d8 with the same servos and radio,just with a werks b6 and a 2013.(if my friend would've taken the plastic limiter out of the tank he would have beat the d8.And by the way the motor is as fast as any other motor with the re11 and the turbohead conversion kit getting a solid 11 minutes)Great car for the price.
The SH mill is no exception to the value of this package, especially with a RE11 hooked to it.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:16 PM   #21
Tech Elite

Default stock motor

The stock motor breaks in very easy by the way.My buddy Only runs odonnell 20% and has put 5 gallons on it easy.He will be buying the werks b6 and 2013 next.POWER.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Quote:
The stock motor breaks in very easy by the way.My buddy Only runs odonnell 20% and has put 5 gallons on it easy.He will be buying the werks b6 and 2013 next.POWER.
If you have a track large enough to support it, gear up and hook that RE11 on this.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:34 PM   #23
Tech Elite

Default motor

I believe i saw that motor on the caster buggy on the track and it ran fast and pitted in 10,1/2 minutes.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:09 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic

Is that the buggy you just sold me last week? Anything I should know about now that I have it almost ready to run? Everything seems to be in great shape. It will need new wheels though the ones on it are rough. Other than that though it seems fine to me. Then again I don't have the throttle servo horn connected yet, need an insert and the engine is on its way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG! View Post
I bought the RTR 2.0 couple months ago......

whats left, a starter box

I dumped a lot of money in that. new engine, servos, shock towers, A-arms, body (rtr is yuck), tires, etc.
If I would of just bought my MBX6 to begin with. I could probably start building a truggy.
jwm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Default buggy

Your gonna like the buggy.Check out the hop-ups i was talking about last page you should see it.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic

I got ace 1313 for throttle and an ace 1015 for steering. I'll grab some new tread this week. And a new pipe in a couple weeks. The shock caps will be replaced when one pops but until then i'll leave the stockers on.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:01 PM   #27
Tech Elite

Default Upgrades

i would reccomend some proline caliber m3 tires and try to run the losi re11 pipe,I think they run about 50-60$.But other than that just wait till the stock caps pop and then put the metal ones on.You should like it alot with those upgrades and when you get everything together let us know how you like the car and possibly makes a track vid so we can see those skills.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 PM   #28
JG!
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm2 View Post
Is that the buggy you just sold me last week? Anything I should know about now that I have it almost ready to run? Everything seems to be in great shape. It will need new wheels though the ones on it are rough. Other than that though it seems fine to me. Then again I don't have the throttle servo horn connected yet, need an insert and the engine is on its way.
Yeah, No every thing is perfect on there. I just put a lot money into it too get it setup the way I wanted. I just wish I would bought my Mugen the first go around, it's just a totally different feel from the Losi and it works for me.
JG! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 09:35 PM   #29
Tech Elite

Default buggies

Technically you did good because you got a new car and hooked someone else up with a good car.LOL.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #30
Tech Fanatic

Well i'm going to put in a go engine, i've got 3 of them coming. A new 7 port, a used 7 port and a used 3 port. I got a good deal on them, basically 3 engines for less than the price of 1 new. I've heard alot of good things about them so we'll see.