Wiki Posts
Search

Aftermarket clutches

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by janderson78
CJ,

Thanks so much for the input on this. You are only the 2nd person to inform us of this problem. As I told your father we got with the MFG of the clutch as soon as you told us about it and the pins have since been changed.

Jason
That's good news, because I love the performance and maintenance of the clutch.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Talking Clutches

Hi there.

I have use stock clutches and they typically work.'

Aluminum shoes grab better, but, need to be maintained more.

(cleaning of clutch bell and deburring the shoes.)

I recently installed the Fioroni 5 shoe unit. I noticed no optional springs, but,

thing grabs hard. I like it because 1 nut takes the unit off the engine. Also,

no tools needed to take apart to maintain.

I have not used the one that comes wth a Losi 8 even though I own the car.

I converted it to electric. I am using .7 springs and answer shoes and it works great.

I have the Werks power clutch. At first, I could not get the thing to grab. Later, I added locktight to the nut and it works fine now. PRetty consistant.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Evil
Old 07-14-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CJ Weaver
The Werks and Ascendancy clutches are very similar, but the Werks clutch is much more durable. A 4 shoe clutch gives you more tuning options opposed to the 3 shoe clutches.

The problem with the 3 shoe clutch is that, you have to run the same shoe and same spring on all three shoes. If you use 2 carbon shoes and 1 aluminum shoe, you will throw the balance and wear pattern of the clutch off. This will eventually lead to inconsistent performance. With the 4 shoe clutch, you can run different shoes and springs opposite of each other. For example, you can run 2 carbon shoes and 2 aluminum shoes to keep the clutch balanced. It really just comes down to tuning options.
I'd have to disagree with the statement about 3 shoes being less tuneable.. I know 4 racers at my local track running 3 shoes with 2 alum 1.1 springs and 1 carbon with 1.0 springs, and no balance issues.

Not trying to start anything at all, just don't think it is as true as you may believe..
Old 07-14-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Mugen

I'm gonna have to say the stock clutch was not OK for me. Maybe if I didn't come from a losi I wouldn't notice but it was slow on bottom and you could hear it slip on power on high bite tracks. I could not clear short run up jumps.

M2C 4 shoe with the reg. soft shoes fixed all that. Have them on my buggy and truggy. I would recommend to anyone. I got close to 3 gallons on the shoes before I started to notice a performance difference. I liked the losi clutch too but the M2C I would say feels very close to the same and last alot longer.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

+1 another vote for the M2C 4 shoe clutch...easy to assemble and grip very good. $60 for the whole kit plus a spring tool.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I have never seen a 3 shoe setup perform like the M2C 4 shoe setup....IMO 4 shoe or bust !
Old 07-15-2010, 04:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

there are tons of clutches that work, alot is personal preference.
without a doubt the new Werks power Clutch will however last the longest,
regardless of whatever combo you put on it... and the kicker is there isnt another one that looks as dialed as being Chrome!!!!
they make light, medium,and heavy flywheels
Attached Thumbnails Aftermarket clutches-clutch.jpg  
Old 07-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default My 2 cents

I came from on road cars 1/10 and 1/8 with centax clutch when I got out of on road due lack of places to run without a lot of travel and got my losi 8ight I put the werks clutch on with out even trying the losi clutch using the info from this web site http://www.twf8.ws/new/tech/options/...werclutch.html. 4 gallon's with go engine GX-7R with Mod by RB-MODS. Set it and forget it other than blow it out with air gun and clean the Bell. Werks is as good as a centax any day…
Old 07-15-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastguy1
regardless of whatever combo you put on it... and the kicker is there isnt another one that looks as dialed as being Chrome!!!!
Looks like another great product there Mo. Cant wait to see what is diffrent. Can you take some better pics?
Old 07-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

lol I am finding out its hard to take pics of chrome stuff..lol
my blackberry flash is like the flippin sun!!! haha
Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks Mo for posting a teaser shot ;-) Just to clarify though the clutches in your picture are our new Werks "Pro Clutch"! The Werks "Power Clutch" is our existing 4 shoe adjustable clutch that we have been selling for 4-5 years now and is designed along the lines of a simplified centax clutch the same one that Redvert mentioned that he is using above.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by janderson78
Looks like another great product there Mo. Cant wait to see what is diffrent. Can you take some better pics?
If you wait about a week you can pick one up a compare your self Suffice to say though that none of the parts are interchangeable with anything that you sell.
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Put it on a lighter colored surface in a brighter area and put your thumb over the flash if you can't turn it off. ( turning off is better)

Old photographer trick also, tape a piece of white paper over the flash to soften it.
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Looks like the Ascendancy/JVD clutch to me, what are the differences?
Old 07-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
Looks like the Ascendancy/JVD clutch to me, what are the differences?
Our importer in Holland is the owner of JVD and we worked with them to develop the clutch. So regarding what are the similarities between the one Ascendancy sells and our "Pro Clutch" the only similarity is in the way that the clutch assembles.

Regards,

Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.