R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-14-2010, 01:55 AM   #46
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
I run ceramics front and rear in all of my engines. Not one single little problem. I'm talking MANY engines. All TKO's with double seals. So I'm not sure about other crappier ceramic bearings, but the TKO's don't leak any more than a standard steel bearing does, in fact probably less.
I'll try the TKO bearings when i need to change bearings in my Ninja JX. It could just be crappy bearings, but I hope not, as the RB ceramic bearings are REALLY expensive
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 06:55 AM   #47
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to segui305

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymonkey View Post
I am not a OS guy for R/C cars, but have tuned a few, and they are not finicky as some other brands out there, but then again there really is no engine to finicky for me to tune,"not tootin my horn" It is just that I have been tuning nitro engines since I was 8 yrs old, " grew up flying with my dad" I have tuned sport, some 4 cycle "different animal altogether" and racing, pylon engines for years. Case in point, if anybody knows K&B engines #4011 in particular was a pain to tune no matter what carb you used. I could make that joker scream! if you gave me a little time to learn "that " engine as they all ran a little different. I have tuned a few for guys that were racing for years and could not get the thing to run just right. It is kinda like a piano tuner, or tuning a guitar, it takes an "ear" for it. FORGET temps, take your time and let the adjustment settle in, listen to it, fell it, be patient, it will talk to you just listen. There is NO sweeter sound then a perfectly tuned nitro engine,"to me" my wife and neighbors do not feel the same! lol. Car engines take a little more patience as the load on the engine varies alot more, BUT the principal is the same. The sound should be a high pitch, smooth, consistent tone at all ranges of the rpm. Sorry this was so long. Happy motorin guys. The engines today are waaayyyy easier to tune then they were 25+ years ago.
the sound of a beautifully tune engine is soooo sexy. that is what i want to master; tuning that bad boy. lmao! hahahaha
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 AM   #48
Tech Adept

ive also noticing people are talking about ceramic bearing, does that make a big difference if i used one?? i dont know anything about that, how would you check if my bearing on my motor are still good, what would i do and what would i be looking for??? thanxs for the replies!
Old 07-14-2010, 10:52 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Old 07-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #50
Tech Adept