R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default Sportwerks .26 V2 run time

I put a new piston and sleeve in the motor in my Turmoil RTR at the beginning of this year and I finally have it running good. The only problem to take care of now is the run time. Yesterday I was racing it in a 12 minute main and I left the pits after refueling with 6 minutes to go. I ran out with 33 seconds to go. Since most motors in buggys are .21 and mine is a .26, it does take more fuel. However, it only has a 126cc tank on it and I believe not the max is 145cc. I was wondering if anyone knew about a larger tank that would fit in my Sportwerks Turmoil RTR. I also think I have the stock pipe on it. It is tough to say since the car has been through a few owners. I'm sure there has to be a better pipe out there for this motor that would not really cut down on power and give me a better run time. I have looked around myself and haven't really found anything. If anyone has any suggestions for me or has experience with this motor, help would be greatly appreciated. A friend has a JP1 pipe that I might throw on next time and see if that helps. Thanks - Chris
cbengsch82 is offline   Reply With Quote