R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Tech Initiate
 
Jabers44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dighton, MA
Posts: 24
Default Worth it?

Hi, I was just wanted to know if it was worth it buying the conversion kit for Jammin X1-CR to convert it to the X2?...or should I just invest my money in a new ride such as a losi or hb?
Jabers44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,712
Trader Rating: 119 (99%+)
Default

in my opinion i would upgrade to a more recent buggy whether it be a losi, HB, or whatever you choose. the jammin is still a competitive car, but it is a bit out of date compared to the others out now and many like to refer to it as a TANK because it is very heavy. just my .02
skoalisbad4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:29 PM   #3
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 609
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Actually converting to x2 makes it handle worse . My son converted his to x2 when the conversion first came out & we just could not get a good set up on it . Eventually sold it & switched brands . IMO the x1 with 16 mm big bores is better than the x2 . Now the truggy is a different story the x2 is much better . Go figure .
romax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #4
Tech Elite
 
jmaxey51's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,917
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by romax View Post
Actually converting to x2 makes it handle worse . My son converted his to x2 when the conversion first came out & we just could not get a good set up on it . Eventually sold it & switched brands . IMO the x1 with 16 mm big bores is better than the x2 . Now the truggy is a different story the x2 is much better . Go figure .
im the son. the X1 is way better with 16mm shocks. i ran the X2 for a little and tried different setups every time i drove it and nothing would work. it was way to loose and way to unstable. also all the x2 parts wore way faster. like my dad said the X2 truggy is AWESOME. the jammins arent that heavy, my HBs weighs a good bit more. IMO sell the jammin and get a D8. its way better and the only NEEDED upgrade is the aluminum servo horn on steering. i borrowed a friends buggy (i run truggy now) for a a month or so and the only thing i changed was put on the long shock ends on the rear and moved to the outside hole on the A-arm. that thing was dialed. i have driven a few D8s with the so called "musts" and IMO its worse. i hated the long shocks and all. only thing i liked was the one i drove with everything stock with just lightened drivetrain. but still for 275+8 servo horn, you really cant beat it. before i was barely cracking the top 5 here and there with the jammin buggy (won a couple races on the jammin truggy but raced it 3 times lol) and since i switch to HB i have yet to finish worse than third besides the one race i popped a glow plug and didnt have a spare and DNF'd. but IMO stick with the X1 or go to the D8

my 2 cents.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,592
Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)
Default

I'll echo the same....my buddy converted his X1 to an X2 and we could never get a decent setup on it, far worse than the X1 for buggy. IMO, look at what the local guys have, test drive a few laps with a couple that look intrigueing and buy the one that feels best.
jsmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
Tech Addict
 
jammin32j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake county
Posts: 633
Default

I can tell you I used to love my Jammin's but I won a HB D8 in a raffle and I never looked back. My HB is much easier to drive.
__________________
VP Pro, Agama
Hitec-7955's, 3Pk----AKA Racing Tires
Absolutehobbyz.com____Dirtrc.com
O'Donnell, D.I.R.T. R/C ultimate Tire Gluer
Jeremy Davis
jammin32j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
Tech Lord
 
Frank L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NorCal
Posts: 12,500
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

Personally unwound have to say go with something new. I love my losi. It jumps better and corners tighter than any hb car I have seen. I think the hb car is a little more numb to imput that could be good for you or it could be bad. The losi is very light and more razor sharp depends on what you like in a car. (personaly I don't like hb cars but like I said it's personal. I know guys I race with that love them
__________________
- X-Ray/ RC America Team Driver - MKS -
- XB8 - XB8T - XB8 E - OS Spec III - B2102 - 4PXR -
~ SSC ~ Godfather ~ Ironman ~ ButterySmooth ~
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:28 PM   #8
Tech Adept
 
dandrat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San francisco, ca
Posts: 248
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
Personally unwound have to say go with something new. I love my losi. It jumps better and corners tighter than any hb car I have seen. I think the hb car is a little more numb to imput that could be good for you or it could be bad. The losi is very light and more razor sharp depends on what you like in a car. (personaly I don't like hb cars but like I said it's personal. I know guys I race with that love them
what does this thread have to do with getting a losi
dandrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #9
Tech Master
 
sickboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Corona, CA
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

keep in mind frank has losi tat'ed on his bum.
__________________
Tamiya America www.tamiyausa.com
Team TRF www.teamtrf.com
Pro-Line www.prolineracing.com
818Designs.net - TKO
sickboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:28 PM   #10
Tech Initiate
 
Jabers44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dighton, MA
Posts: 24
Default Thanks for the feedback

Thanks guys for all the feedback. I think im going to stick with the x1 the rest of the year and pick up some big bore shocks for it. Then maybe over the winter buy a HB D8. Also does anyone know if the x2 cr big bore shocks fit on the x1? Thanks.
Jabers44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:11 PM   #11
Tech Regular
 
Who8mySandwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 246
Default

Yep, they'll fit.
__________________
Neil Sandoo

TLR 22 2.0
Serpent Spyder SRX 2
Who8mySandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:32 PM   #12
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Coral Springs, FL
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabers44 View Post
Thanks guys for all the feedback. I think im going to stick with the x1 the rest of the year and pick up some big bore shocks for it. Then maybe over the winter buy a HB D8. Also does anyone know if the x2 cr big bore shocks fit on the x1? Thanks.
I have some BB jammin shocks i can sell ya ... hardly used .. also have the white and silver (heavier springs) that are still in the package .. pm let me know
__________________
TCaputo - Losi 8ight 2.0, Losi 350 Turbo, RE-11
Tcaputo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #13
Tech Master
 
kamlooper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: kamloops
Posts: 1,985
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Im really uncertain that the x2 is a bad car. The few Ive seen in this area worked really well for the guys. If you find a conversion kit dirt cheap then go for it. However I will agree that the design/layout is getting a little dated.
If your driving isnt great, unable to hold consistent lines,poor throttle control, on your lid ect. keep running what ya have until your skills are competitive enough to warrant a new car.
Also for sure the BB shocks will make a difference on any car....even a cen!
kamlooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:43 PM   #14
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamlooper View Post
Im really uncertain that the x2 is a bad car. The few Ive seen in this area worked really well for the guys. If you find a conversion kit dirt cheap then go for it. However I will agree that the design/layout is getting a little dated.
If your driving isnt great, unable to hold consistent lines,poor throttle control, on your lid ect. keep running what ya have until your skills are competitive enough to warrant a new car.
Also for sure the BB shocks will make a difference on any car....even a cen!
Kamlooper is right... The best upgrade is pratice and pratice...
__________________
#WeAreAE The Forum - RCTen.com
My R/C Blog - MyRCBox.com
Sylvain is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
RC TRF415MSX Marc Rheinard, is it worth it? halayli Electric On-Road 64 06-28-2012 03:26 PM
Performance question: Under chassis aero package....Is it worth it? rcfoolz Nitro On-Road 105 05-09-2010 06:53 PM
Are Xray touring cars worth it? -J- Electric On-Road 32 10-27-2009 08:08 PM
HPI 5b SS. Are they worth it? GHETTOTEACHER Oval, Larger Scales and More 26 03-11-2008 10:45 PM
upgrading a 15T Firebolt to a 15T orion, worth it?? Rufus2000 Electric On-Road 7 03-06-2008 11:52 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net