R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-06-2010, 01:56 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPowers View Post
Its funny i am a team driver for HB and the only thing i have on mine is alum rear hubs and i ran the stock ones without breaking them but i dont hit everthing in my way neither but as for hop ups thats funny the 2 fastest guys around here in truggy are me and coty ingram, he runs a mugen mbx6 and i run a almost bone stock d8t and i turn just as fast of lapes as he does all the truggys are good that are out there but when someone talks all this crap about needing this and that for the Hb cars to me its bull and yes i ran almost ever car on the market and i choose hb i would just get what the best part support is around ur area.
That was a factor in my choice for the D8T that my lhs could get my parts in three times a week . I will be the first in my area to have a D8T .
Old 07-06-2010, 02:08 PM   #47
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I agree with Token on the Odonnell product. They just got a few and I mean very few SG cars in stock.
The ODO truggy is a nice truck and can be driven fast with decent durability. This truck requires a bit more effort than others though. I have seen several do well with the truck but not with the car on a local level.
When you gotta drill the chassis and move things around to get it to handle, something is wrong. I just like to club race and I want something that's simple and easy.
My Losi is perfect when I stay with the stock setup from the back of the manual. My Losi has also been known to let me down due to servo failure. The MBX6T M-spec is pretty much setup right from the box and the truck is dialed on a loose track but when moisture comes in the track, the truck is tight and you must adjust quite a bit to free it up. I have beat the living snot out of my D8T since it came out and never broken anything. Yes, I have broke nothing. It has been easy to drive. You can push it or not and it's fast.
Nothing much said about the Jammin' these days but the X2 is a fine truck. Always been a favorite.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just read everyone’s signature and you'll know what brand they recommend. Dont even need to read their comments !

Oh, almost forgot . Xray is the best.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:16 PM   #49
Tech Elite

X-Ray.......
Old 07-06-2010, 04:03 PM   #50
Tech Regular

sorry but why in every (what buggy/trugg to buy) thread its always the HB guys trying to convince every one about there b/t , i beat this or that and always trying to throw the big sales pitch out there about BEST BANG FOR buck . do you guys have that all wirten down ready for copy and paste ? then another copy and paste for sum one who says they need hop ups ? . it just get old every thread ends up the same .nothing get pushed on here as much as hb , if there that good they dont need to be pushed in ya face. my 2cents.

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:14 PM   #51
Tech Elite

I think it has alot to do with folks who think if they aren't spending $500 on a kit they are getting nothing. The HB folks are letting people know differently I suppose.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 PM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
sorry but why in every (what buggy/trugg to buy) thread its always the HB guys trying to convince every one about there b/t , i beat this or that and always trying to throw the big sales pitch out there about BEST BANG FOR buck . do you guys have that all wirten down ready for copy and paste ? then another copy and paste for sum one who says they need hop ups ? . it just get old every thread ends up the same .nothing get pushed on here as much as hb , if there that good they dont need to be pushed in ya face. my 2cents.
Go back and read my post i just explained the truck is good in stock form where some people say u need this and that to make it as competetive as others and i also told him to get what he had the most part support for.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #53
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Losi, HB, MoOogen, x-ray
But HB are catching up quick!
JPC The Midwest Monster
RC-BATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:44 PM   #54
Tech Prophet

well the only 1/8 brand that i have, drove was losi a eight 1.0 buggy and a eight 1.0 truggy that im running now and i like the eight 1.0 t . it handles aggrestively and has tons, of cornering speed and its fast and jumps really level even if you mess up lineing up for a jump.

since you cant buy a new eight 1.0 t , since its not made anymore i would say get a rtr losi eight 2.0 t .

one thing to think about is does the truggy fit your driving style, usually heavyer truggys like the hb, d8 is more stable and easier to drive and its cheap.
tc5 man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:47 PM   #55
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do not own a Hot Bodies or Mugen , but i can say they are both kicking butt around here .
romax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:54 PM   #56
Tech Rookie

I think Dpower had it the closest. I will lean towards what I like with the best product support in my area. My first post said I was not asking what to buy. I wanted to know what was out there so I could begin my research. I appreciate all the insight shared.

My LHS says they sell almost equal #'s of Mugen, AE, and Losi. A visit to the track I plan to compete at should help narrow it down.
pharaoh319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 06:48 PM   #57
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
thats because every hot bodies owner is proud that they spent half the money for a product just as good as the others! Not that Losi or Mugen owners arent proud of what they have either, but thats why we push it.

Lol plus I have seen people pushing every brand.
mike881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:27 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Default AE

Geez.... these threads just make me feel like an idiot most of the time.... I'm not loaded or sponsored but I bought an RC8T RTR cuz I've been out of the hobby for so long I didnt have engines and Tx/Rx and pipes and servos laying around what I did have was a couple buddys who recently bought buggies one losi one AE and those brands have by far the most parts support in my area. I ran both and liked the AE buggy better so I bought an AE truggy. Since then I started looking at these forums everyday and all I see is HB's, Losi's and Mugen's mentioned now if I had to go back I think I would have bought a HB kit or the CE version of my truck just because its obvious they don't build the RTR's with the patience and care that a hobby(est) would or with the parts you'll want.... I had to go back and practically rebuild mine(something to consider when buying an RTR) But... from the way it looks I could have bought the HB kit and had all the stuff that I wanted(not what they give you) for about what I have in my RTR with plastic and composite instead of aluminum....... All I can tell you as someone who just spent a bunch of money I didnt really have on something that was only partially what I wanted is do your homework and make sure you get exactly what you want cuz even tho I will still be spending a bunch of money in the future I wish I would have done alot more research on the money I did spend in the first place! I like my RC8T don't get me wrong but it's only partially what I wanted and I didnt know that till it was too late....

Take your time PLEASE!
Old 07-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #59
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Do-Over View Post
Geez.... these threads just make me feel like an idiot most of the time.... I'm not loaded or sponsored but I bought an RC8T RTR cuz I've been out of the hobby for so long I didnt have engines and Tx/Rx and pipes and servos laying around what I did have was a couple buddys who recently bought buggies one losi one AE and those brands have by far the most parts support in my area. I ran both and liked the AE buggy better so I bought an AE truggy. Since then I started looking at these forums everyday and all I see is HB's, Losi's and Mugen's mentioned now if I had to go back I think I would have bought a HB kit or the CE version of my truck just because its obvious they don't build the RTR's with the patience and care that a hobby(est) would or with the parts you'll want.... I had to go back and practically rebuild mine(something to consider when buying an RTR) But... from the way it looks I could have bought the HB kit and had all the stuff that I wanted(not what they give you) for about what I have in my RTR with plastic and composite instead of aluminum....... All I can tell you as someone who just spent a bunch of money I didnt really have on something that was only partially what I wanted is do your homework and make sure you get exactly what you want cuz even tho I will still be spending a bunch of money in the future I wish I would have done alot more research on the money I did spend in the first place! I like my RC8T don't get me wrong but it's only partially what I wanted and I didnt know that till it was too late....

Take your time PLEASE!

Well said my freind.
DPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 07:34 PM   #60
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by romax View Post
I do not own a Hot Bodies or Mugen , but i can say they are both kicking butt around here .
run my d8t for a few tanks saturday and post what you think

but anyways the HB being pushed thing is basically because most people think they are junk because they cost around 330 versus 500+ truggys. i was trying alot of truggys and buggys when it came time for me to buy something new, i came from jammin X2s. the only one i didnt drive was the HB. my favorite buggy was the OD 2-in-1 kit, it was great. also i loved the mugen truggy. i almost placed a order on an MBX6T and the night before i was going to call my local dealer for the mugen truggy i ordered a D8T (and never driven a HB before) and right now im extremely happy with my decision. i build the kit the night before a big race in my area and wasnt able to do one practice lap because i was still finishing it up. but with in three laps i was faster and more consistant than ive ever had been. ended up 3rd in the A-main with a flame out. but still i took a MBX6T for a few tank helping someone tune his engine, and once we got it tuned i ran one tank out of it, i had a faster lap time with it but my consistancy wasnt even close to my HB and the mugen felt dialed. mugen is great but IMO harder to be consistant. i likes the losi too but i didnt like how it felt, it pushed a ton! xray felt too loose. the AE felt like a brick (i know HB is heavier) but handled good but felt weird to me. the OD handle phenomenal but had a few weak points that have now been fixed from what i hear.

the top three i would look into if i was going to get another one would be: OD Z01T-SG, HB D8T or MBX6T

EDIT: but my biggest advice to you is, try to find people to let you drive their for a tank or two and figure out which one suits YOU best. most people say losi but losi is way down my list, it just doesnt suit my driving style.

Last edited by jmaxey51; 07-06-2010 at 07:44 PM.
jmaxey51 is offline   Reply With Quote