R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-05-2010, 03:37 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dlewis4 View Post
from what i hear.... from a OD driver who USED to drive Mugen... the new SG truggy is faster....
what would you expect him to say?

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
LOL
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:19 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJones View Post
Funny, Tyler has not broke a thing on his X6T. Better buy a complete spare truck if you go Losi.
I have seen the 6t break more parts than the 2.0 T and I'm not bashing mugen that's the truggy I run currently
Jammin57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #19
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Quote:
I understand why you think he would say that. But he has Bern completely honest with me about everything Od

He told me to hold on to the mugen and wait for the revision, then get this, then that. Some odonnell, some not.
Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:15 PM   #21
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Lets put it this way... he loved his mugen better than the current OD platform....
Old 07-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

One thing I have figured out in this industry is nothing is uncertain. A new release or revised version could come from anyone at any given time.
All the current truggies on the market are fast enough to get the job done. It will be up to the driver to place each one in the winners circle. All these trucks will need to be setup to fit your driving style.
I really don't see any big advantage from one brand to the other, just the price. The biggest problem I see among club racers is the fact that they like to throw money at it and that don't win races.
Greg B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:00 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASATRUGGYFAN View Post
Wanting to know what truggies might come out between now and Christmas? Trying to decide if i should by now (if I were to buy now it would probably be a MBX6-T) or just finish the year out and see whats out there.
Hey Alex. You need to take a look at the New Caster K8T. You know how good my old one was when you saw me run it. The new one is on a whole new level and is a awesome truggy. Call me and we can meet up so you can take a look at it. And for the price I can get it for you, you cant lose! Oh and Pattishal might be running one, has one right now to test if that tells you anything.

Last edited by vnmsgt; 07-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.
vnmsgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 09:48 PM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Buy a losi 2.0, then when the odonnell sg comes out buy it
Team Losi 8ight-T 2.0 // Team Losi 8ight-e 2.0 // Team losi /Novarossi Nitrotec r21 .21 // Futaba servos // Airtronics m11 // Coldfusion fuel // Fastlane Graphix // Ready Rollers Bearings // Reo Raceway // BCE Products
Nickd18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:03 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm willing to bet that at least one or two "new" truggies will be set to be out around the first of the year. The issue is that you may not know that they are the "new" truggy from the Mfg. releseing it. I don't think a whole chassis/ kit will be out, but who knows. I suspect that there will be some running changes to kits that are already out.

ZX6 - RB6 - MP9e
Fantom Racing, Cheater Racing
Houston's Engine Service
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:15 PM   #26
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
I'm willing to bet that at least one or two "new" truggies will be set to be out around the first of the year. The issue is that you may not know that they are the "new" truggy from the Mfg. releseing it. I don't think a whole chassis/ kit will be out, but who knows. I suspect that there will be some running changes to kits that are already out.
Yep. The manufacturers will come out with the same old tricks. They will just change the number to existing vehicle.(Losi 3.0, Hyper 10, or 2011 edition). If your existing vehicle has carbon fiber shock towers and molded braces, they will switch to aluminum. If you have a chasis that flexes, it will change to stiff. New and improved plastics. Oh yea, they will say something about weight distribution and steering geometry. Same ol same ol. We fall for it every time. I'm one of those suckers.
JR Z-1 Spektrum Mod & Rec
jaywax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #27
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickd18 View Post
Buy a losi 2.0, then when the odonnell sg comes out buy it
Or just buy a losi and not waste your time on the Odonnell.
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:29 AM   #28
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've been a diehard x2 man for a while.I just got a xray09 spec and it make's the x2 feel like a lead weight.The xray go's threw tight turn's and fly's real nice off jumps's.I'm sick of having to use 28's on the x2 just to be there with the mugen's and losi's and xray's.So my hole x2 set-up is for sale.And i'm running my xray.It seems that all these companys are all about the short course deal to put out any new truggy's.I think losi is the traxxas of truggy's i see them break every weekend.Don't get me wrong there nice but they don't hold up.Xray&Mugen are the trugg's to have.I already know what your going to say!You can't get parts for the xray!!!.Well e-bay's got ton's of part's for them.And really you don't need them because they don't break!!!!!!!!!!!!
blacksunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #29
Tech Lord

Man now that you said that your x ray will be broken all the time. All rc's break there's no way around it. If you do less cartwheels then they breK less often but eventually they all break. Things happen.
Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:40 AM   #30
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksunshine View Post
I've been a diehard x2 man for a while.I just got a xray09 spec and it make's the x2 feel like a lead weight.The xray go's threw tight turn's and fly's real nice off jumps's.I'm sick of having to use 28's on the x2 just to be there with the mugen's and losi's and xray's.So my hole x2 set-up is for sale.And i'm running my xray.It seems that all these companys are all about the short course deal to put out any new truggy's.I think losi is the traxxas of truggy's i see them break every weekend.Don't get me wrong there nice but they don't hold up.Xray&Mugen are the trugg's to have.I already know what your going to say!You can't get parts for the xray!!!.Well e-bay's got ton's of part's for them.And really you don't need them because they don't break!!!!!!!!!!!!
the only thing that i ever broke on my losi was a shock end and it was my fault. i've been running losi since day 1. i change parts because of wear. i just changed my arms front and back and they where the original set from when the truck was released(feb 09). so i feel that the losi is a very durable truck.