R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-02-2010, 05:52 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejo View Post
if i just plug the fuel to carb line and blow in the pressure line, can i diagnose a pressure leak properly this way?
No you should change your exaust gaskets if they are bad I change them all the time and change your fuel line, this stuff is real inexpensive and helps keep your motor running smooth. One other thing is how old is your motor and does it have any compression?
KBRL Nitro Series
www.youtube.com/gsadvanced
Marcus Falconie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:57 PM   #17
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
No you should change your exaust gaskets if they are bad I change them all the time and change your fuel line, this stuff is real inexpensive and helps keep your motor running smooth. One other thing is how old is your motor and does it have any compression?
well the exhaust gaskets are new and the engine was used when i got it sooo...
i was told it didn't have much more than a gallon thru it, but since then i have put a gallon thru it. compression is getting a bit lower than new, but still seems good.
like i said though the change happened in the middle of a run. not after hours of bashing time and time again. from startup, about 1/2 tank later it acted up.
joejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:22 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Falconie View Post
It could also be your exaust gaskets on your motor or your pipe or a broken fuel line or exaust pressure line most of the time this will cause your motor to go lean because of the lack of pressure but I have seen it cause the motor to just act bad. When ever I have a sudden tune issue and it is not the plug like Joe says I would start to look for pressure leaks.
for what ever reason i think my tuning is just crap right now. At least i hope that is what it is.

Would a bad fuel tank make your engine run rich??? I don't see how, as a leak would make it run leaner.

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:24 PM   #19
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
for what ever reason i think my tuning is just crap right now. At least i hope that is what it is.

Would a bad fuel tank make your engine run rich??? I don't see how, as a leak would make it run leaner.
Depends if you tuned it to the leak and then with crud etc it seals at the leak, which would then make your engine run rich.
Soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 04:52 AM   #20
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Had this happen two weeks ago. Found a small and I mean small peice of gasket in the fuel nipple on carb, did a good cleaning and ta da, it's all good now. It's the little things that drive me nuts. Then again it don't take much.
The Working Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 07:56 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Is the carburetor slide opening all the way?
Hobbs263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 09:00 AM   #22
Tech Elite

should i take the copper shim out of my ninja when running 20%? Nevermind, that doesn't make sense. It still does the same thing when i run it with 30%

Mugen
Old 07-03-2010, 09:35 AM   #23
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreaux View Post
should i take the copper shim out of my ninja when running 20%? Nevermind, that doesn't make sense. It still does the same thing when i run it with 30%

I think you just solved your problem. If you are running 30% nitro or if you broke your motors in with 30% you should never go down with the % of nitro you can go higher Hopes this help cause you dont want to go elec.
RCNINJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #24
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbs263 View Post
Is the carburetor slide opening all the way?
if your referring to me, then yes.
Old 07-03-2010, 05:11 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

well i tried the new plug and the clean air filter with no improvement. it still needs to be screwed in all but 1 turn to run good. i have no idea what happened.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:21 PM   #26
Tech Regular

how are your clutch shose and springs. and if it runs good one turn in how hot is it gettin, hows the smoke, power, and sound
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:26 PM   #27
Tech Elite

went to the LHS and bought a new D sized glo ignitor. My old one was cruded up and the spring was broken. Bought new oddonnel plugs. So far my problem is solved. Also the pipe i was using, the nipple on it has partial blockage.

Mugen
Old 07-03-2010, 06:28 PM   #28
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNNINONMT View Post
how are your clutch shose and springs. and if it runs good one turn in how hot is it gettin, hows the smoke, power, and sound
it runs and sounds good. its also still blowing plenty of smoke. the temp is a bit higher but not too high, like 270ish. its just wierd that it went completely out of tune by a full turn in the blink of an eye. something happened but what the heck was it. the clutch shoes and springs are new they have about 10 tanks on them and the bell is also new.
Old 07-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #29
Tech Regular

i'd richen 1/8 turn and run it. sounds like it should be ok, but yeah weird
RUNNINONMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #30
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jpalessi Send a message via Skype™ to jpalessi

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejo View Post
it runs and sounds good. its also still blowing plenty of smoke. the temp is a bit higher but not too high, like 270ish. its just wierd that it went completely out of tune by a full turn in the blink of an eye. something happened but what the heck was it. the clutch shoes and springs are new they have about 10 tanks on them and the bell is also new.
still sounds like a glow problem to me.. check your glow starter.