R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-29-2010, 01:52 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Questions?? glow plug

i was just wondering what would happen if i put a turbo glow plug in a motor that runs standard glow plugs.
Brinkster96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
Tech Initiate

Kind of new to RC Nitro but I know in turbo cars (like my Eclipse) you run colder plugs because the compressed air from the turbo is hotter than uncompressed air. So you need a colder plug that will resist heat better. If you run a colder plug in a car that's not turbo charged, it will not run as well because the temperature range where that plug operates the best, is not being reached. Hope that helps.

Flash
PHILIPPIANS 4:13

"I can do anything through He who gives me strength."
FLASH1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:17 PM   #3
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH1970 View Post
Kind of new to RC Nitro but I know in turbo cars (like my Eclipse) you run colder plugs because the compressed air from the turbo is hotter than uncompressed air. So you need a colder plug that will resist heat better. If you run a colder plug in a car that's not turbo charged, it will not run as well because the temperature range where that plug operates the best, is not being reached. Hope that helps.

Flash
Huh? Turbo plugs will not work in a standard head. You would need to buy a turbo button head.
Team Trinity
Miniracer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 02:30 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The body of a turbo plug is wider than a std. plug, there's no way you can use one in the other. It may be called "turbo" but has nothing to do with real turbos.
Old 06-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miniracer23 View Post
Huh? Turbo plugs will not work in a standard head. You would need to buy a turbo button head.
turbo nova plugs work in kyosho engines. i don't know how or why it would but, i had a old friend who tryed it, worked with huge power... for two minutes then stop'd and wouldnt start... it stuff'd the coil... the piston seemed fine, through in anther standerd an she fired up again
808gx7r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 03:49 PM   #6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLASH1970 View Post

Flash
must be REALLY new ....a "turbo" r/c engine does not have a "turbo"..a turbo plug is bigger in diameter, and uses a tapper for sealing...as a std. plug uses a copper washer to seal the engine.
Owner of Midwest Rc Tour
blktransam is offline   Reply With Quote