Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to rotate fuel connection on carb

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Default How to rotate fuel connection on carb

The fuel connection on my carb is facing the wrong direction for what I need. The exploded view for my engine is not very clear but it seems the only way to loosen it is to back the high speed needle out. Is this correct? I was a little afraid to do this as I wasn't sure if this would damage or do anything negative to the carb. It's a Werks B5 .21 if that is worth noting.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Loosen the brass part of the HSN, turn the inlet where you want it and tighten it back. If you look you will see that at the bottom of the brass sleeve, you can put a wrench on it. Backing out the needle itself, will not allow you to turn the inlet.
Old 06-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

See the HEX area toward the base of the HSN? Loosen that just a little, and the nipple will rotate.. Move it where you want it, and retighten.. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!!!! it can break or case leaks.. Just try to remember how tight it was when you loosened it, and put it back the same.. Use a deep well socket if you have one, if not use the boxed end of a wrench..
Old 06-28-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!

See the HEX area toward the base of the HSN? Loosen that just a little, and the nipple will rotate.. Move it where you want it, and retighten.. DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN!!!! it can break or case leaks.. Just try to remember how tight it was when you loosened it, and put it back the same.. Use a deep well socket if you have one, if not use the boxed end of a wrench..
+1 just get it on tight, dont wrench at it as hard as you can. Treat it like a carb(if its too tight it will bend the thing and cause leaks). Just get it were you think it will be ok.
Old 06-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcdude236
+1 just get it on tight, dont wrench at it as hard as you can. Treat it like a carb(if its too tight it will bend the thing and cause leaks). Just get it were you think it will be ok.
I found out the hard way about over tighten. I broke mine.