Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Which Buggy kit to go for?? >

Which Buggy kit to go for??

Which Buggy kit to go for??

Old 06-29-2010, 03:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I guess i'm mistaken but I thought that most all the mfr's offered option parts. Losi sells lighter drivetrain parts, adj rear toe in etc. Do you need all that stuff? It's there if you want it. I have 3 hb cars and a truggy. Only breakage was more than deserved! Wear and slop? I have yet to see something that doesn't have it. For me fact is i'm several secs faster than with my 2.0. My stock d8's run compareable times to my bce chassis version. I've considered trying a mugen too but it seems very popular to change the chassis and I believe there are option parts for those too. Why is it that hb gets so much criticism for option parts and not the others? For me it's so much more cost effective to run hb, and the car is capable of going faster, I'm the holdup!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MadRussian
Interesting that you ask that, as a R/C magazine recently tested that theory in detail (Xtreme R/C July 2010 issue).
They chose a D8 too, as the buggy in the test.
Universally, among all the testers, they were faster and more consistant with the lightened buggy.
Unless someone else does a test like that involving 4 different drivers, with a controlled enviroment, with before and after and shows differently, I would think the answer is obvious: lighter is better
Yeah those were just above average drivers. Give a fully lightened buggy to someone that is just getting started and they will not be able to drive it. My Dad is a prime example. My brother gave him his old buggy that had the light drive train and the light chassis and my dad couldnt make a lap without spinning out. The next week we put all the stock drive train back on it and he won the B main and got 5th in the A at a local club race. Like I said I think it boils down to driver ability and personal preference
Old 06-29-2010, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Babygrand48
I guess i'm mistaken but I thought that most all the mfr's offered option parts. Losi sells lighter drivetrain parts, adj rear toe in etc. Do you need all that stuff? It's there if you want it. I have 3 hb cars and a truggy. Only breakage was more than deserved! Wear and slop? I have yet to see something that doesn't have it. For me fact is i'm several secs faster than with my 2.0. My stock d8's run compareable times to my bce chassis version. I've considered trying a mugen too but it seems very popular to change the chassis and I believe there are option parts for those too. Why is it that hb gets so much criticism for option parts and not the others? For me it's so much more cost effective to run hb, and the car is capable of going faster, I'm the holdup!
Right on and HB option parts are the least expensive of them all for most of the stuff they have. Most of the lightened parts for the car are cheaper than the steel replacment parts of other brands and they have lightened parts that alot manuf. dont even offer. You can make the car light enough over time that you would have to add weight to make legal if you want to.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by crazysavage
Right on and HB option parts are the least expensive of them all for most of the stuff they have. Most of the lightened parts for the car are cheaper than the steel replacment parts of other brands and they have lightened parts that alot manuf. dont even offer. You can make the car light enough over time that you would have to add weight to make legal if you want to.
+1
Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

HB is the most under rated car i have ever seen i race against all top cars and all of them are lighter than mine and i still do really good with my stock
D8T i went from car to car for years and my last was a losi 2.0 i read all the crap about how HB whore out really bad and some people only get a gallon out of the cvds and that was all BS i have been driving HB for 2 years and my cvds last from 3-5 gallons before they need replaced but i maintan my cars all i am saying the HB has some of the best cars in my opinion on the market today even bone stock just like i run mine.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DPowers
HB is the most under rated car i have ever seen i race against all top cars and all of them are lighter than mine and i still do really good with my stock
D8T i went from car to car for years and my last was a losi 2.0 i read all the crap about how HB whore out really bad and some people only get a gallon out of the cvds and that was all BS i have been driving HB for 2 years and my cvds last from 3-5 gallons before they need replaced but i maintan my cars all i am saying the HB has some of the best cars in my opinion on the market today even bone stock just like i run mine.
Well said I agree 100%
Old 06-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thanks guys, glad i'm not the only one that loves my cheap, sloppy, overweight car that wears out and falls apart when I turn the switch on!