R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-28-2010, 12:19 PM   #16
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

get a hot bodies. They are cheaper and they work just as good. ty got 3rd in buggy and jesse 2nd in truggy. There was no beating tebo no matter what he ran. He was strait dialed in! Good job to him.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:25 PM   #17
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,657
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

i will be getting a truggy and i am intrigued by the d8t. I was looking at the parts list on amain and the are CHEAP. My mugen parts are twice as much. But i never break anything on my mbx6. Some things wear out eventually but that takes some time. But the price point on the hotbodies is a great selling point.

The question is, how durable is it. And i know how hard it will be to get a unbiased answer. All of the cars out now are good, and i have seen some people switch to AE. I know in the end i will go with mugen though.
__________________
"You are not understanding the fundamental principles of my fragmented personality"

Mugen
dreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:29 PM   #18
Tech Elite
 
MadRussian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: SE USA
Posts: 2,378
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude236 View Post
get a hot bodies. They are cheaper and they work just as good. ty got 3rd in buggy and jesse 2nd in truggy. There was no beating tebo no matter what he ran. He was strait dialed in! Good job to him.
By the time you add all the optional parts to lighten them to the rest of the top runners, you may as well have bought a Mugen or other top tier brand to begin with.
How stock do ya think Tessman's or Jesse's D8s are?
MadRussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 12:30 PM   #19
Tech Master
 
RC-ZOMBIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Insane Asylum, Pa
Posts: 1,353
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I like Associated been driving them since 1984 and had all the other 1/8 offroad buggies and truggies brands before Associated released there 1/8 scale stuff except Hot Bodies but hope to drive one someday, but I'm not going to sit here and tell you to get Associated just because I think they are the best. Just do some research on all of them and make your own choice hope this helps.
__________________
Associated~Tekno~Mugen

Last edited by RC-ZOMBIE; 06-28-2010 at 01:22 PM.
RC-ZOMBIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:02 PM   #20
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,360
Trader Rating: 12 (93%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
By the time you add all the optional parts to lighten them to the rest of the top runners, you may as well have bought a Mugen or other top tier brand to begin with.
How stock do ya think Tessman's or Jesse's D8s are?
No, do you think any of those cars are stock? None of them are. Every car has something done to them! You dont need the lightened parts. that optinal, i dont run any of the lightened parts and i race with losi associated all day long! The d8 is durable, your just another hater. ive broken 1 part on my d8 when i hit a pole at 40+ and it was a 3 dollar part.
rcdude236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:51 PM   #21
Tech Addict
 
pntmachine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tampa Bay, FL
Posts: 506
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude236 View Post
There was no beating tebo no matter what he ran. He was strait dialed in!
Everyone keeps saying this yet where was he when he switched away from Kyosho. Some cars and trucks suite some peoples driving styles better than others. i am not saying anyother is less of a product, but I am saying this company suites him and He knew it and now it shows. He did not beat club racers he beat champions running what they are use to winning with, Get what you like, what you are comfortable with and what suites your driving style(maybe what irratates your buddies the most...J/K)
__________________
Agama USA/ VP Pro USA
Agama 215/ RBMods Novarossi Plus4C/ Savox
Kyosho STRR Evo2/ RBMods P5XLT/ Hitec
Team Byrons Racing Fuels
pntmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 02:56 PM   #22
Tech Regular
 
sly6t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: melb, australia
Posts: 431
Default

any of the top cars mentioned will work and be great , just go with ya gut feeling and wat you can eazzzly get parts for in your area. when ya do pick and buy a car , put ya whole heart into making it work and dont let any thoughts of (oh i bought the wrong car ) come in to ya head or you will have already lost.

and to say this car or that car won the worlds , so lets buy it , i dont agree with . all the tops cars at this level are great and what the team drivers are running , i dout much on the car is what you can buy off the shelf . think about it, if i owned a rc car company and machine shop . would i settle for the same stuff the public get , nah i would spend what ever and build what ever to win .just my 2 cents, good luck with it
__________________
SLY carbon.INC ,,, "custom c/f creations"

c/F SC10 -- C/f MS MBX"carbon-R" -- c/f nitro-kart
sly6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #23
Tech Elite
 
merdith6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Brazoria, TX
Posts: 2,350
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default not bad at all.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james90 View Post
by my side, quite a number of mate using xray 808 2010 spec... how is the performance from urs view?
I have been racing my 808 for about 3 years now. Its a really great buggy, It jumps great, it's light, fast, and the easiest buggy to work on, period.

It could use a bit more suspension travel, like the mugen, but if you use the right pistons and oil it works great. You can use the same setup on smooth indoor tracks as the outdoor bumpy tracks, high to low traction too.

I've worked on and driven the Mugen mbx6 and it's also a great buggy, I like it's overall package, but the curved ring and pinion gears aren't my favorite, and the metal rusts easily on the gears.

I worked on and drove the team associated buggy and it's really easy to drive, excellent steering response, and feel, not my favorite to work on though, and the clutch is sub par....not a deal breaker.....

The losi buggy is really inspiring on the track, and racers seem to love them, but I see too many parts break, and wear out at the track and when I drove one for a few months while dialing it in for a friend.

I really like the durango, but it's not out yet, but the attention to detail looks really good on that car, I hope the parts are reasonable.

The serpent is another hot looking buggy, haven't driven it or wrenched on it, but the parts look too expensive in my opinion.....that could change in time though.

The hot bodies D8. I have no experience with that buggy, but the price is right, and the parts are inexpensive too. With the expense of racing it's nice to see a competitive buggy for such a great price....

The Kyosho has been a great buggy in all it's incarnations. Pricey, but smooth and dialed. I am not suprised to see Tebo win with it. and the new body looks killer.......I ran Kyosho from the original inferno to the 777, but I don't own an mp9.....

I hope this helps....
__________________
Mad Dog drives a Mugen MBX-7, Novarossi engines, Clockwork Racing, Futaba radio, AKA/Proline Tires
merdith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 06:46 AM   #24
Tech Adept
 
james90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Johor- Batu Pahat
Posts: 124
Send a message via MSN to james90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
I have been racing my 808 for about 3 years now. Its a really great buggy, It jumps great, it's light, fast, and the easiest buggy to work on, period.

It could use a bit more suspension travel, like the mugen, but if you use the right pistons and oil it works great. You can use the same setup on smooth indoor tracks as the outdoor bumpy tracks, high to low traction too.

I've worked on and driven the Mugen mbx6 and it's also a great buggy, I like it's overall package, but the curved ring and pinion gears aren't my favorite, and the metal rusts easily on the gears.

I worked on and drove the team associated buggy and it's really easy to drive, excellent steering response, and feel, not my favorite to work on though, and the clutch is sub par....not a deal breaker.....

The losi buggy is really inspiring on the track, and racers seem to love them, but I see too many parts break, and wear out at the track and when I drove one for a few months while dialing it in for a friend.

I really like the durango, but it's not out yet, but the attention to detail looks really good on that car, I hope the parts are reasonable.

The serpent is another hot looking buggy, haven't driven it or wrenched on it, but the parts look too expensive in my opinion.....that could change in time though.

The hot bodies D8. I have no experience with that buggy, but the price is right, and the parts are inexpensive too. With the expense of racing it's nice to see a competitive buggy for such a great price....

The Kyosho has been a great buggy in all it's incarnations. Pricey, but smooth and dialed. I am not suprised to see Tebo win with it. and the new body looks killer.......I ran Kyosho from the original inferno to the 777, but I don't own an mp9.....

I hope this helps....
tq for ur information...
i tink i shud go for xray.. =>
__________________
Team Ju.C / Capricorn
Capricorn LAB C-01
Capricorn SQ .12
Sanwa M11X
james90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:23 AM   #25
Tech Addict
 
jammin32j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake county
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadRussian View Post
By the time you add all the optional parts to lighten them to the rest of the top runners, you may as well have bought a Mugen or other top tier brand to begin with.
How stock do ya think Tessman's or Jesse's D8s are?
I was looking a Jesse's car in Alabama and his appeared to be pretty much stock. The only thing that I noticed that was light weight was the chassis.
__________________
VP Pro, Agama
Hitec-7955's, 3Pk----AKA Racing Tires
Absolutehobbyz.com____Dirtrc.com
O'Donnell, D.I.R.T. R/C ultimate Tire Gluer
Jeremy Davis
jammin32j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:18 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammin32j View Post
I was looking a Jesse's car in Alabama and his appeared to be pretty much stock. The only thing that I noticed that was light weight was the chassis.
light weight everything, Ive heard.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:23 AM   #27
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 3,644
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcdude236 View Post
No, do you think any of those cars are stock? None of them are. Every car has something done to them! You dont need the lightened parts. that optinal, i dont run any of the lightened parts and i race with losi associated all day long! The d8 is durable, your just another hater. ive broken 1 part on my d8 when i hit a pole at 40+ and it was a 3 dollar part.
Hahaha, no no no - in order to get your ride on the level of tessmens you need all the upgrades all the stronger parts and all the light parts. Seen with my own two eyes. And I have seen more stock HBs break than losi or mugen. Im setting my sons D8 per factory team specs and it is 60 less than a losi when its all said and done. Not hating but keep it real, its the world champ but the one that won the worlds and the one that comes in a box is different. Call and talk to HPI, they will gladly tell you.
__________________
TLR - Spektrum - Horizon - TLR 8ight 4.0 - TLR 8ight-T 4.0 - TLR 22 4.0 - Orion
token is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:32 AM   #28
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
light weight everything, Ive heard.
It had all the aftermarket parts.....CVD's, center shafts, tower, longer rear shocks...etc. The body was stock...
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #29
Tech Master
 
jzemaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: North Alabama
Posts: 1,586
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

You can't go wrong with any of them. I've had the Losi, drove the D8, also have a MBX6 and now have a Serpent. All of them have pros and cons....it really depends on your driving style.
__________________
Kyosho MP9 TKi2 Tekin
Kyosho MP9 TKi2/3 Novarossi BTT
jzemaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:33 AM   #30
Tech Addict
 
jammin32j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Lake county
Posts: 633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by token View Post
light weight everything, Ive heard.
I'm not saying it isn't but that is what I saw. I know for sure he was running the stock drive shafts. I didn't notice if he had the light weight diff cups or not. As far as the stock stuff being weak...I have yet to break anything on my car with the exception of a servo saver in 2 years and it is stock. The servo saver broke because I caught a pipe in a s turn at full throttle. If I would have had my old Mugen it would have destroyed the front end of the car.
__________________
VP Pro, Agama
Hitec-7955's, 3Pk----AKA Racing Tires
Absolutehobbyz.com____Dirtrc.com
O'Donnell, D.I.R.T. R/C ultimate Tire Gluer
Jeremy Davis
jammin32j is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I got a B44, Where to go? What to do? Onetrade Electric Off-Road 51 05-27-2009 12:38 PM
Picking Sons First Buggy kit josh35 Nitro Off-Road 87 01-01-2008 10:10 PM
Which Buggy 1/8 nitro to Choose????? Paulybehaved Electric Off-Road 24 01-03-2007 07:08 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net