Tebo sweeps Truck & Buggy @ ROAR NATS!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tebo sweeps Truck & Buggy @ ROAR NATS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello Everyone. I just want to say A HUGE thanks to everyone behind me. To Kyosho, Orion, AKA, Byron, KO, Upgrade, Kalgard and to all the people that I meet at the races and everyone in rc. It is very funny to read all these threads. You want to know the truth. All the cars are pretty good. There about 3-4 people that can win at the large events. None of which their cars are anywhere close to out of the box!!!! We all work very hard on our equipment. My cars are my babies. I build them exactly how I want them and tune them to exactly how I want them to feel. There is a lot more put in then just building a kit. We put hours in building them to be perfect and have the weight in the areas where we want it. Just like Motocross. Dungey isn't riding a 2010 RMZ 450 off the showroom floor. It is the same here. We all work hard to get them the way we need them. It is about preparation and just being on your game. My cars have been very good. This race I worked EXTREMELY hard for the past month and learned much more than last year. Last year I was slacking on my testing time. Now I am doing the work at home and it finally paid off. I am so happy. Thanks to everyone that had all the great things to say......that means alot.....and to the people that don't, also a thanks to give me some more fight. Well I really appreciate the kind words and I don't want to cause anything with this post.....Just throwing my 2 cents in as well.....haha

And if anyone really wants to know why kyosho is expensive......it is not from them being too proud. It is the cost of the money exchange for 1. Kyosho is a Japanese company. And all our race parts are made in Japan. Every other company is China and Taiwan. It is much cheaper to do it there. We do not want to downgrade our products like that. Maybe one day we will have to, but for now we want to have the best quality.

And one last thing. I was not racing the TKI2. It was a TKI. The shocks are one that my Dad made for me.

Thanks again for the support. This was a great moment for me!!!!! and to whoever bet the $50 bucks.....be ready to hand it over sucka!!!!!!! haha
Old 06-30-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

I absolutely love that you came on here and said all this and it is not because I race Kyosho. It trully shows what kind of dedicated and personal racer you are. Congratulations for sure and good luck on the $50.00 challenge I wasn't sure on the shocks but did notice them on the pics I saw. Look forward to meeting you someday.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

I look forward to running against you this weekend Jared! Game on!
Old 06-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Jared!

Glad to see that you've found your way back to RC Tech; I think I speak for many of us when I say that it's welcome and refreshing to have your direct input on things. Is there any way we could persuade you to leave us a few tips and hints in the Official MP9 thread?

Keep up that winning momentum, cos we're rootin' for ya!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Jared, great result, really dominant performance! Look out at the worlds, Jerome Aigoin was super fast with his Kyosho/AKA combo at the pre-worlds so look out!

Jared, if you come back on, can you explain your tyre selection throughout the event, particularly the Cityblock/I Beam combo I think you used before the rain came. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jaredtebo
Hello Everyone. I just want to say A HUGE thanks to everyone behind me. To Kyosho, Orion, AKA, Byron, KO, Upgrade, Kalgard and to all the people that I meet at the races and everyone in rc. It is very funny to read all these threads. You want to know the truth. All the cars are pretty good. There about 3-4 people that can win at the large events. None of which their cars are anywhere close to out of the box!!!! We all work very hard on our equipment. My cars are my babies. I build them exactly how I want them and tune them to exactly how I want them to feel. There is a lot more put in then just building a kit. We put hours in building them to be perfect and have the weight in the areas where we want it. Just like Motocross. Dungey isn't riding a 2010 RMZ 450 off the showroom floor. It is the same here. We all work hard to get them the way we need them. It is about preparation and just being on your game. My cars have been very good. This race I worked EXTREMELY hard for the past month and learned much more than last year. Last year I was slacking on my testing time. Now I am doing the work at home and it finally paid off. I am so happy. Thanks to everyone that had all the great things to say......that means alot.....and to the people that don't, also a thanks to give me some more fight. Well I really appreciate the kind words and I don't want to cause anything with this post.....Just throwing my 2 cents in as well.....haha

And if anyone really wants to know why kyosho is expensive......it is not from them being too proud. It is the cost of the money exchange for 1. Kyosho is a Japanese company. And all our race parts are made in Japan. Every other company is China and Taiwan. It is much cheaper to do it there. We do not want to downgrade our products like that. Maybe one day we will have to, but for now we want to have the best quality.

And one last thing. I was not racing the TKI2. It was a TKI. The shocks are one that my Dad made for me.

Thanks again for the support. This was a great moment for me!!!!! and to whoever bet the $50 bucks.....be ready to hand it over sucka!!!!!!! haha
Thanks for the great response Jared! Congrats to you man on an epic achievement.
Old 06-30-2010, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Jared

Your the kinda guy we like to root for at the races, great Job....Sweeeeep it uppp.....
Old 07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I started this thread just to say congrats and never once thought that Jared Tebo would be on here to post... This says alot of what kind of person you are!! Now come to Texas and race with us sometime!!
Lance
Old 07-01-2010, 09:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dlewis4
I look forward to running against you this weekend Jared! Game on!
BAHAHAHAHAH...you made me laugh Derick..Tebo would dominate you..you can run your buggy and he will run a stock slash and STILL whoop up on you but anyways GREAT Job of Bring Home The Titles Jared, Its Always Nice To Be Able To Share The One Of My Local Tracks With A National Champ!!
Old 08-24-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great job Jared at the Gas and now the Electric Roar Nats!

Can't wait for the worlds!

It was a hard fought weekend for everyone! WOW. You dominated in the Truck class! (as if you didn't know that)

I yelled a loud NOOOO when you crashed in the whoops in 2wd and the corner marshal ran past your car then dropped it on another car for the longest most painful marshall in history!

I bet i was more frustrated at him than you were! LOL

When are you going to sell some of that JTP action online? I need a shirt to support my favorite driver!

PS, I got a RB5 SP2 and you are right, top quality stuff! Worth every penny!
Old 08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Tech Adept

Congratulations Jared. You're one of the classiest pros in our industry. Kyosho was lucky to get you and you just proved why. Hard work pays off and I can not think of a more deserved win.