Wiki Posts
Search

Tebo sweeps Truck & Buggy @ ROAR NATS!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Problem is HB guys make it sound like a stock D8 is on the podium and your saving $$$ by getting one. Fact is to be competitive with it you have to upgrade everything and end up with the same price or more then a comparable buggy that doesn't need all the upgrades....period.

As for results....it comes down to drivers not the buggy's. Cinder block on wheels my friend.
Well if your saying they can race anything why would they upgrade their buggies? If a "cinder block on wheels" is all they need? Hmmmm ya that doesn't make sense.

Keep it up with your opinion's brotha. I race the D8/D8T and I have only upgraded the rear shocks, outdrives and chassis. So your saying I'm not competitive? You do know some people like a heavier chassis? But your right, since you race a HB you should know everything about them.

At what point do you take people's opinions as factual? LOL. Whatever man, your wrong.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoopdaloop
Well if your saying they can race anything why would they upgrade their buggies? If a "cinder block on wheels" is all they need? Hmmmm ya that doesn't make sense.

Keep it up with your opinion's brotha. I race the D8/D8T and I have only upgraded the rear shocks, outdrives and chassis. So your saying I'm not competitive? You do know some people like a heavier chassis? But your right, since you race a HB you should know everything about them.

At what point do you take people's opinions as factual? LOL. Whatever man, your wrong.
Why did you upgrade the rear shocks, outdrives and chassis???

Isn't stock out of the box good enough? Just backed up what I posted earlier....Thank You.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jzemaxx
Why did you upgrade the rear shocks, outdrives and chassis???

Isn't stock out of the box good enough? Just backed up what I posted earlier....Thank You.
1. They were less than 35 on ebay all together.
2. The chassis needed to be replaced anyways and the lightened one went cheaper via bidding on ebay, the shocks were $11 in a packaged ebay store.

You can choose these options on several other companies as well.

I have used the different outdrives for different tracks. Slippery tracks I have used a heavier flywheel and stock out-drives... all tuning options. I really don't want to argue, your basing your statements off opinions which is fine by me.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Point is, there really is no point in saying "cheapest kit on the podium" or "$300 kit just beat $XXX kit". It is all driver. Plus we all know that none of those cars were box stock, so it doesn't really matter what the kit started out at.

I agree with jzemaxx on this one. I have to laugh when people make $300 comment.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

So, back to what this thread is a bout.
Congratulations to Jared Tebo for sweeping the 2010 ROAR US nationals.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Alan D.
So, back to what this thread is a bout.
Congratulations to Jared Tebo for sweeping the 2010 ROAR US nationals.
True that! Congrats Tebo!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I will just say this i race my D8T box stock and whooped many of A$$ with it. And Tebo is one heck of a driver and congrates to him it was just his day.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

i think it's funny that you don't hear a peep about kyosho until they win a big race. They do seem to win alot of big races. but i hardly see them at any of the smaller ones.
Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Addict

Well I geuss then its congrats to Tebo for sweeping the Nationals and being the only racer on the lead lap in Buggy and Truggy driving his KYOSHO MPcinderblock9 and his outdated KYOSHO STcinderblockRR!!!!
Old 06-30-2010, 12:25 AM
Tech Regular

its seems that every thread there is a hb driver on it some how turns into a slanging match dudes what is your f^^ king problem grow up you think your sh*t dont stink go hijack another thread this is a congrats tebo thread isnt it
Old 06-30-2010, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dreaux
i think it's funny that you don't hear a peep about kyosho until they win a big race. They do seem to win alot of big races. but i hardly see them at any of the smaller ones.
Probably because club racers are mostly sponsored by their own wallets and the MP9 is (especially the TK versions) a VERY expensive roller. Given the fact that there are more buggies out there than most people can count on their fingers AND toes( ) it's only normal that people will experiment with other, more affordable brands. Sometimes they wander to a new brand and never come back, while others gladly return. That's racin' for ya.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congratulations to Jared Tebo and Kyosho on the dual national championships! Good luck at the Worlds.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mp9er
its seems that every thread there is a hb driver on it some how turns into a slanging match dudes what is your f^^ king problem grow up you think your sh*t dont stink go hijack another thread this is a congrats tebo thread isnt it
Flip out man. You need to chill out, go wander in the Outback brotha.

I wonder if Tebo had any "new" upgrades on his buggy/truggy chassis? If Kyosho wasn't so darn proud of their products I would buy one, because they sure are sexy.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

I wonder if Tebo had any "new" upgrades on his buggy/truggy chassis? If Kyosho wasn't so darn proud of their products I would buy one, because they sure are sexy.
I believe he was running the new TKI2, that is why his shock bodies were threaded but somebody might correct me on that. I'm still running the older SP2/WC and can't wait to upgrade!
Old 06-30-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

He's not wrong.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.