Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!! >

Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 AM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Why do you think it's the best?
It is very reliable It has tons of power. It can get 9 min runtimes. I have heard that you get 8 gallons out of the engine with proper engine maintnence. It is easy to tune. It is holds a tune great. The temps stay around 240 to 260 with a good tune. It idles great.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

after the performance in NATS Im a Orion fan boy. I run vspecs now but they are no longer. So Orion it is.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

All the Orions I see at my track are always struggling..........good luck with that............kinda funny.......one day something is completely irrelevant, then someone wins with a certain product line and BAM..............it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.......

go with what works time and time again.........I know what has worked for me so far.....but I'm still in the testing stages to see what I really like............trying OS speeds/2060 next........I keep hearing awesome things about them.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Give Neal @ Clockworks a call he will be more then happy to consult with you what engine would work best for you.

I have 2 Werks B5 modded from him they are great they hold a tune excellent better then any engine I have ever had. Run times are awsome too 10 minutes+ on a buggy with 2057 pipe.

The price on them is great too around 300 modded I think ?

Good luck with whatever you choose for your new engine!
Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
All the Orions I see at my track are always struggling..........good luck with that............kinda funny.......one day something is completely irrelevant, then someone wins with a certain product line and BAM..............it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.......

go with what works time and time again.........I know what has worked for me so far.....but I'm still in the testing stages to see what I really like............trying OS speeds/2060 next........I keep hearing awesome things about them.
Not one driver winning, but if your top 4 drivers are running that good in one of the harshest RC environments then yes they are good. I live a mile up and not all engines run good here. Here I have seen some top engines really struggle and good experienced tuners have a hard time tuning. The Orions were dialed and was not a total pain in tuning. I heard that a bunch of people had problems tuning up here this past weekend. Some more than others. So its not that orion won anything, its about the number of them running here, were running well compared to some other top manufacturers .
Old 06-29-2010, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

not one vote for a ninja jx. Unbelievable. easily one of the best engines out there.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Not one driver winning, but if your top 4 drivers are running that good in one of the harshest RC environments then yes they are good. I live a mile up and not all engines run good here. Here I have seen some top engines really struggle and good experienced tuners have a hard time tuning. The Orions were dialed and was not a total pain in tuning. I heard that a bunch of people had problems tuning up here this past weekend. Some more than others. So its not that orion won anything, its about the number of them running here, were running well compared to some other top manufacturers .
they probably got the carb figured out
Old 06-29-2010, 11:07 PM
Tech Regular

I think i am seriously confused here.. there are so good engines and there are people saying the opposite.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
I think i am seriously confused here.. there are so good engines and there are people saying the opposite.
well its prefrence people are putting there most favored engines and shootin down the ones that didnt run for them to me i look at price to power i dont have a favorite engine thats really exspensive becuse obviously most get it because of the hype if ut not a team driver or sponsored and only club race why do u need a speed. toro nero and so on if i had those they would be broke in then sit for a jbrl race or somthin worth using it in honestly why go to ur local track with a 500 dollar engine when you can run a 200 dollar engine and get close to the same results but waste ur 500 dollar engine to win a free shirt or next race entre for next week i would rather save my 500 dollars then win 15 bucks but hey some people got the money to run the speeds everyday and others dont. to me i prefer the dynamite .21pxe or werks b5 they got amazing amount of power and are tuff engines i watch a werks beat a speed over 1/2 the time and the guy with the speed has more experience and races more ofter so theres no arguing that werks will get blown away by a speed because it wont it might not win the drag race or beat it all the time but it sure dosent look like a turtle to a rabbit
Old 06-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
lol ... you asked the question !!! hahaha
there is a lot of passion in this hobby & that's a good thing because if there weren't, forums like this one wouldn't exist & we would all be using $50 nitro motors & bin them every month !!
it's up to u to sort out who is pushing a certain motor for marketing reasons or genuine racers that have tried different engines.
as we progress our skills through this hobby & change brands as we go, because we thought it was crap, when in fact 90% off the time we create the problems & are to embarrast to admit it, so we move on to the next good thing & bag the old one...... JMO
Old 06-30-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

my next engine is going to be another ninja
Old 06-30-2010, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i don't need a next engine
need a new truggy though